What's on your mind?

Replies

• TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    tinak33 wrote: »
    I have no outlet. Work was my "escape". My super long commutes are my only "me" time.
    Quarantined with no way/place to relax, is really starting to get to me......

ikwdp1f68lk2.gif
  • _Kashmir_314
    _Kashmir_314 Posts: 707 Member
    I have no outlet. Work was my "escape". My super long commutes are my only "me" time.

This is why liquor stores are essential. Maybe build a treehouse? *kitten* it, come live with me. 😊
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member

Ikr... I swear if I'm asked one more time "What are we gonna do today? 🤷🏽‍♂️"...

• 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    edited April 2020

Are you able to take a walk around your neighbourhood?

Even off the beaten track ??
    We have to go a little further for less people traffic, but it is worth it to just think.
    l77ohcfazn2t.gif
  • cdubks88
    cdubks88 Posts: 3,573 Member
    🎶In your head, in your head..... zombie, zombie....🎶

um

Jamming while working today. 😁
    Love The Cranberries... ❤
    Part of today’s playlist
    eosti0jir17i.png

Sweet! This is part of mine.

0xnni4pykac6.jpg

Nice playlist. 😁😎
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member

Ikr... I swear if I'm asked one more time "What are we gonna do today? 🤷🏽‍♂️"...

Trying to work from home with a 3.5 yr old constantly asking for things and wanting to play..... yeah I would love to play, but I can't afford to not have a paycheck. 🤷‍♀️ poor kid has no siblings..... she is so bored.... 😢

Constant interruptions.
    Sitting at the edge of my chair all freaking day. Then clear out stuff to make room for dinner. Then bedtime routines. Its more stressful than actually going to work.
  • tinak33

This is why liquor stores are essential. Maybe build a treehouse? *kitten* it, come live with me. 😊

I have stocked up in my favorite booze.
    Treehouse is too much work. Plus its cold and rainy.

Would totally live with you, but I don't think I am allowed to cross state borders....?🤔
  • tinak33

ikwdp1f68lk2.gif

Lmao who has time for that?!?!
  • tinak33

We have to go a little further for less people traffic, but it is worth it to just think.
    l77ohcfazn2t.gif

Live in the middle of nowhere.... no neighborhood. Contemplated going for walks, but finding time is the hard part..... and wanting to go alone means leaving my kid with my parents. And I think me being home has translated to them not having to watch her as much. 🤷‍♀️
    I wouldn't mind going for a walk down the road. But I would prefer a drive, so I can be warm, comfy, and listen to my audibles and unwind.
  • _Kashmir_314

I have stocked up in my favorite booze.
    Treehouse is too much work. Plus its cold and rainy.

Would totally live with you, but I don't think I am allowed to cross state borders....?🤔

Maybe we need to start a virtual happy hour. 😏
    Hang in there babes. ♥ I wish I had something encouraging to say, I can only listen.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Maybe we need to start a virtual happy hour.

Some friends and I have been doing this on Saturday nights the past 3 weeks. Did a power hour (actually 3 of them) the first night, and a trivia night this past weekend.
  • _Kashmir_314
    spade117 wrote: »
    Maybe we need to start a virtual happy hour.

Some friends and I have been doing this on Saturday nights the past 3 weeks. Did a power hour (actually 3 of them) the first night, and a trivia night this past weekend.

This sounds like a lot of fun, actually. Ya gotta try and make the most of these current circumstances...or go *kitten* crazy.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member

l77ohcfazn2t.gif

Live in the middle of nowhere.... no neighborhood. Contemplated going for walks, but finding time is the hard part..... and wanting to go alone means leaving my kid with my parents. And I think me being home has translated to them not having to watch her as much. 🤷‍♀️
    I wouldn't mind going for a walk down the road. But I would prefer a drive, so I can be warm, comfy, and listen to my audibles and unwind.

Reading all of your sharings Tina ... It is difficult being the single parent needing to earn a paycheque from home, with your little girl needing your attention at the same time too.

At 3.5 years, you can start a structured at home learning games (self play), quiet time, sleep etc whilst you are home. As much as it is going to hurt you on an emotional level Tina, you need to somehow discipline and timetable her day, just so you can earn your pay cheque. Sorting out your baby's day schedule whilst quarantine is active, may hopefully alleviate what shouldn't be a stressor for you.

Have you asked your parents if they can keep your little one for an hour or two whilst you knock out some of the more difficult work related tasks?
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member

I get this - I didn’t mind driving to work - it’s a good time to overthink- cause that’s what I like to do lol
  • TwitchyMacGee
    Boarding school
  • tinak33
    edited April 2020
    Boarding school

😂😂

ETA: Not sure if you meant it to be funny, but I feel like a lot of parents might be thinking the same right about now....
    2 of my brothers went to a boarding school.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Boarding school

I'm hoping to enroll myself into one too.

• TwitchyMacGee
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Boarding school

This is what i was thinking.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Boarding school
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Boarding school

You are both cordially invited to attend the Slimgirl Academy, a boarding school of the highest calibre. Pack light.. clothing optional, we are a very progressive school. 😁