Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

It's All Sugar's Fault

Options

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    It were great if there were a quick fix. My doctor told me I was drinking too much juice. I had half a glass with my breakfast every morning.

I did not get to be overweight because of juice. I showed patience. I'm living this life so nobody knows better how it happens. Hubby knows too, because he's a witness.
  • Johns_Dope_AF
    Johns_Dope_AF Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    So wrong and so frustrating, at least you are educated enough to know hes wrong. I always feel bad for people who are still learning and they hear crap like that.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    It's a load of hooey. NO WAY we are eating the same number of calories. Look at portion sizes for McDonald's meals when they first started out - soft drinks were 7 oz.

https://www.eater.com/2015/9/9/9297609/mcdonalds-sizes-growth-since-1955

Add to that we move much much less than our grandparents. More of them had active jobs.
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

First off, I highly doubt people now are eating the same calories as our partents and grandparent.

This can't possibly be true. Surely there's some science that's tracked that by now, right? Although I can't immediately point to it, I feel sure it's there. That really floored me when he said that.

My parents and grandparents also ate 3 squares per day...I don't recall much, if any snacking...it seems now days people have to have some kind of snack every couple hours or they think they're going to keel over and die.

Snacking is definitely my Achilles heel. I figured that out when I started tracking. If I don't snack I do much better overall.

I don't recall a time when my grandma or mom didn't have fresh baked cookies or other sweets and deserts readily available.

I didn't really think about that, but it's true. My mom and grandmother loved to baked and did it all the time. I intentionally chose not to learn to bake things because I love to eat baked goods.