Have you tried drinking a gallon of water a day?????

Options
monae2013
monae2013 Posts: 13 Member
edited October 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
Have you ever tried drinking a gallon of water a day?!? If so what were your results??????

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,950 Member
    Options
    LOTS OF BATHROOM TRIPS!!!!
  • JLively1020
    JLively1020 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    A lot of restroom breaks! :)

I try to maintain between 60-80 ounces a day as its great for your body and helps me with over eating - Gives a sense of fullness.
  • davidylin
    davidylin Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I drink about a gallon of water a day normally, but I'm also pretty large.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Weight loss doesn't require drinking THAT much water, to lose weight we just need to be in calorie deficit. Staying sufficiently hydrated is all that is required. Check the colour of your pee, if its too dark a yellow then you need to drink more - hoping someone will post that pee colour chart!
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    I got lightheaded and peed ALOT of clear liquid. My body is happy with about 32oz of water a day...not counting foods or any coffee or tea I drink.
  • pjbarclay55
    pjbarclay55 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I drink more then a gallon a day. I also spend lots of my day in the washroom. Makes no sense to me but it helps keep water weight off. Which makes it nicer looking at the scale.
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,818 Member
    Options
    I drink 1.2 gallons of water a day. Nothing happens except I pee a lot.
  • corgarian
    corgarian Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I cant get up to a gallon.
    I try to drink between 50-80 oz of water a day.
    It's really hard for me because I just don't really drink during the day, but I can really feel the difference in my body when I don't drink enough. I retain water, I get VERY light headed when I'm working out, my skin gets dry and old looking, my pee is gross.
    I don't know what the benefits of drinking a gallon a day specifically would be, but there are a lot of benefits to staying properly hydrated.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I drink about that much when it's very hot. I don't track water, but we have a water cooler and a family of 4 goes through a 20 liter bottle within less than 2 days during the hottest days of summer. My results? I'm not thirsty. I would be if I don't drink enough during a heat wave.
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I drink close to a gallon a day.. I pee a lot and snack less because I don't feel hungry. But that's about it. No other "results."
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    to what purpose?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    I've never in my life tracked how much water I drink, but I'm sure I've drank a gallon in a day...I live at a mile high in elevation in the desert and I'm active...I drink a lot of water in the summer to stay hydrated.

I just drink to stay hydrated meaning my urine should be pale yellow...
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    I drink a touch less than a gallon a day just because it's available (my work provides free bottled water and bottle filling stations). I'm like a goldfish...if it's in front of me, I'll drink it.

I go to the bathroom a lot. And my skin is oh so soft.
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    I've never tracked my water intake but I suspect I'd have a tough time sleeping through the night.
  • guacamole17
    guacamole17 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I drink almost a gallon a day (3 40-ounce bottles). I work out a lot and Ill drink it if its in front of me, so I keep it in front of me. My body is slowly getting used to the water intake but I still go to the bathroom a LOT.

I try to differentiate between hunger and thirst so I guess that's the point.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Like others, I drink to thirst not a number, and I will drink more when it is hot.

I probably get close to a gallon when I am gardening all day in the summer, but I sweat a lot too.

Usual consumption is between 1-2 litres of water, plus a couple of cups of coffee, and maybe a couple of glasses of wine, and of course the liquid in food.

I am small and a gallon of water would be overkill and probably leave me electrolyte depleted.

Cheers, h.