sparklyglitterbomb Posts: 458 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    this helps...sort of. Still cardboard, though. :D
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlsFgDjyePc
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    My brother lived off them when we were kids. I couldnt stand them. . Now, I will only eat the brown sugar cinnamon or the pumpkin. And only toasted.
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    katadx wrote: »
    Boards like this make me crave stuff like this. The problem is once I eat 1 package i'll be good until the next random pop tart board but i don't want a box of em sitting in my cupboard to stale... And I may want a different flavor next time. I just want a SINGLE PACKAGE but can't find any

Try gas stations. Not a bargain money-wise, but you'll get your fix. The employee store (comparable to a convenience store) where I work has s'mores pop tarts in a 2-pastry package, package...which, btw, lists 2 pastries as 1 serving. Getting with the times.

Good idea!! and glad they're finally being realistic..
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Aerocrazd wrote: »
    They were my childhood/adulthood too. Blueberry only toasted with butter. The blueberry ones are hard to find here. Which is probably a good thing for me. :D

See, a couple of weeks ago someone suggested squirting Cherry Crystal Light into Coke Zero and blew my gosh darn mind. But now I'm thinking about buttered unfrosted Pop Tarts.
    And I mean...
    <sigh>...
    WHAT HAVE I BEEN DOING WITH MY LIFE!?! How did I not know about this stuff???

Oh, and Toaster Strudel for the win :tongue:
  • mpat81
    mpat81 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I like untreated with butter. Can't stand the frosted ones!
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I unashamedly prefer unfrosted pop-tarts.
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I have never eaten a Pop Tart. I feel as if I'm missing out.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    The earlier comment about toasted with butter is a good reason for offering unfrosted Pop Tarts. Every little different twist for every little different taste.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    ryenday wrote: »
    Yeah, I unashamedly prefer unfrosted pop-tarts.

Recently tried an unfrosted poptart with butter... actually insanely good :p
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    mpat81 wrote: »
    I like untreated with butter. Can't stand the frosted ones!

Tried this ... brown sugar unfrosted with butter. Loved it!
  • FL_Hiker
    FL_Hiker Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Cbean08 wrote: »
    Probably a marketing strategy to appeal to more parents who don't want to feed their children "frosting" in the morning. Because without frosting, it can be marketed as fruit spread between two thin pieces of pastry. -eyeroll-

I agree that they are a sorry excuse for a pop tart.

Ding ding ding , we’ve got a winner!
    Yup my mom was one of those parents that bought the unfrosted ones lol. Made me so sad! Now that I’m an adult I only get frosted 😁
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    Lent?

best answer
  • placeboBL
    placeboBL Posts: 62 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Yes, butter is the reason. Strawberry Unfrosted Pop-Tarts, toasted, with salted butter on top is quite good.

(Disclaimer: Haven’t had this in roughly 15 years. So who knows anymore?)
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Yet another necro thread resurrection I don't understand, but this is worse because it reminds me I never tried buttering a Pop-Tart as I assumed I would one and a half years ago.

I'm stopping to pick up some discount Valentines candy on the way home, might as well grab a box of Pop-Tarts too.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    Yet another necro thread resurrection I don't understand, but this is worse because it reminds me I never tried buttering a Pop-Tart as I assumed I would one and a half years ago.

I'm stopping to pick up some discount Valentines candy on the way home, might as well grab a box of Pop-Tarts too.

better not be unfrosted. *shiver*
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options

But it's a POP-TART necro thread. And I missed it the first time around, so I'm ok with it.

I actually prefer unfrosted. Always have, even as a kid. They are road trip food for us, for some odd reason.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I've never had one. It doesn't appeal to me.
  • placeboBL
    placeboBL Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »

But it's a POP-TART necro thread. And I missed it the first time around, so I'm ok with it.

I actually prefer unfrosted. Always have, even as a kid. They are road trip food for us, for some odd reason.

Because they’re great day or night, rain or shine, toasted or right out of the package. They last forever; they can be shared or eaten by twos. There are endless varieties, and they can be found everywhere: even gas stations. They are literally the perfect road trip food. I’m sorry; odd is incorrect. The reasons are clear.