Greek Yogurt?

Options
darrcn5
darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member
Okay, so what do you Greek yogurt lovers actually do with this stuff? I got some of the Fage, and tried it-blech! So sour, but people seem to love it. What are you doing with it to make it yummy, or do you enjoy the sour taste?
On the plus side, my baby absolutely loved it. At least it won't go to waste.

Replies

• lucian25
    lucian25 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My fav recipe is 1 serving greek yogurt, 1 banana, 1tbs peanut butter and a bit of ice in the blender. I also do a yogurt parfait with yogurt, sliced strawberries, agave syrup and granola.
  • dreanance
    dreanance Posts: 246
    Options
    3/4c yogurt, 1c fruit (berries, pineapple, banana, mango), 1/2c kashi go lean crunch.

Or 1/4c yogurt on top of a waffle with berries and cinnamon.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Honey or agave nectar will sweeten it up.

I add fruit, hot rice cereal, and if its not for breakfast I've eaten it on chicken (it was a little over cooked and needed some moisture....)
  • plv2010
    plv2010 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I love greek yogurt with honey.
  • MissB0949
    MissB0949 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Take your favorite flavor of sugar-free jello. Replace the COLD WATER with greek yogurt. I like to add a packet of splenda. It sets up like jello but is oh so creamy and delicious.
  • JenBrown0210
    JenBrown0210 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I am a huge fan of Chobani greek yogurt with the fruit at the bottom. That way it is not so bitter. The only one I do not like is the pomagranite. I have one every day! My favorite flavors are blackcherry (really hard to find) and pineapple. I get them in bulk at Sam's club which comes out to $.96 per container or $1.00 individually at Hannaford.
  • prettyinpink246
    Options
    I LOVE chobani as well. It does take some getting used to, but I found that once i got used to it, it was so good. I like to add sliced almonds for some added crunch and sometimes I will add some fruit. I used to mix it so it got creamy, but I like the consistency better unstirred. Idk I find that the unstirred version is most like frozen yogurt, which is my weakness because it is absolutely delish! put that in front of me anyday at any time and I will eat it. It so does not help that there are self serve frozen yogurt places every where right now lol.
  • curvygirl512
    curvygirl512 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    The most awesome comfort food for me is mashed potatoes. Substitute plain Greek yogurt instead of milk and butter. Up the flavor ante with rosemary, pepper and parsley. So yummy!
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    I always add honey. Sometimes I also add fresh fruit.
  • I_give_it_2_u_str8
    I_give_it_2_u_str8 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    You mean Balkan style? I eat it as a side with chili, and musaka. Delicious
    ;p
  • Marjorielk
    Marjorielk Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    yuck !:laugh:
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    I use it in place of sour cream during the week, and have the real stuff on my free day or the weekends!
  • myfriendamy
    myfriendamy Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I add a bit of honey and cinnamon, then dip apple slices - or cut up apples and add kasha go lean and mix it up. yum!
  • KelieHerrera
    Options
    I toss chopped up green onions, a wee bit of honey and lemon juice into a little greek yogurt for a salad dressing.
  • AndrewTub
    AndrewTub Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I tried this for the first time the other day and I really like it neat. Think I might have to try some of the tips on here now though yum!
  • bassettpig
    bassettpig Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I found the fat-free Fage to be very sour. I bought the whole milk version and it's much better; I can eat it plain if I want to.
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Honey and cinnamon.
    I also add it to all my smoothies for a protein kick,and as sour cream on my sweet potatos.
  • PhiMuHoney
    PhiMuHoney Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I love the Chobani Champions, even though they were designed for kids! They're little 100 calorie greek yogurt cups and are yummy! They're less sour and acidic than the "adult" chobanis, and the texture is fluffier too. :) I love the very berry one with either homemade granola or a tsp of craisins.
  • emiliabeth
    Options
    The most awesome comfort food for me is mashed potatoes. Substitute plain Greek yogurt instead of milk and butter. Up the flavor ante with rosemary, pepper and parsley. So yummy!

This sounds AMAZING... trying it!

Also, it's a great cream-substitute for puddings (desserts). For example, treacle tart or sticky toffee pudding (or any other super-sweet dessert) is gorgeous with some Greek yoghurt on the side because it adds much-needed sharpness.
  • sarahrunnergirl
    Options
    Sometimes I'll add one or two packts of fat free hot chocolate (20-25 cal each) to plain nonfat greek yogurt and it tastes like chocolate cheesecake.