Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• b_lisieux
    b_lisieux Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    OK....what's the trick. Just for fun I was trying to insert a photo and it's not working. Tried copy/paste, attach image, attach file....nothing works. Any thoughts?
  • tdunnegan
    tdunnegan Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone.

Enjoyed the posts

I am not inclined to test the accuracy of MPG predictions. For me the focus is the "heading in the right direction" message... it's a coAching tool for me. I know that if I stick to the plan (meet calorie carb and fat goals) I so lose weight. I've done it before and I can do it again

Sunday share -- Spent the day with a new group i joined, sketching by the river. So fun.

so I am now on an anti inflammatory plan. The protein powder is so delicious!!-- chocolate orange flavor. No grains no sugar... and no dairy, although I am doing some dairy. Having trouble with food choices. But have upped numbers of veggies by alot!! Surprisingly I am doing well with no grains or sugars ... it's been a week. But I find myself turning to fried food which I doubt is good. And peanut butter, which i eat with ape cor a snack,
    W hich is so high fat! I'm very curious to see my weigh in on wednesday

• Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    b_lisieux wrote: »
    OK....what's the trick. Just for fun I was trying to insert a photo and it's not working. Tried copy/paste, attach image, attach file....nothing works. Any thoughts?

@b_lisieux ... what do you enter on, a pc, smartphone, etc.? I only know how to do it with a desktop computer ... maybe someone else can help you, or try the HELP topics in MFP?

PS ... have you tried 'drag and drop'?
  • b_lisieux
    Options
    Yes. I tried drag & drop. I was trying on my desktop. When I did add an image, it put a file name in between brackets, no picture not even in preview.
  • jam5660
    jam5660 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Monday update: I have been MIA, I know I'm trying but there just aren't enough hours in the day! Starting this new business has become a very time consuming thing(its only supposed to be part time) but all the setup to make things easier in the long run take so much time. I'm hoping things will calm real soon and I can focus and remember what I have read here so I can comment, be a participant! But the good news is I'm still on the wagon, still doing good(no time to eat really helps)! Im forgetting to log some, and need to keep up with my water intake better! But I'm still trucking along!
  • bapcarrier
    bapcarrier Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    @b_lisieux very basic question, are you using the attach image icon at the top of every post? Mine works just like any other media i.e. facebook, etc. Click the image, hit browse to find your picture, open picture and it will print. e4q4tup3nnpx.jpg I just tried it will a selfie I took in August. Lets see if it works for me. I used to hate to see my picture but finally starting not to mind as much. :smile:
  • Nikion901
    edited October 2017
    Options
    b_lisieux wrote: »
    Yes. I tried drag & drop. I was trying on my desktop. When I did add an image, it put a file name in between brackets, no picture not even in preview.

That's how it looks before you hit post .... try this ... hit "Preview" and you should see you post the way it will look after you post it.

.... PS ... I just read that it didn't work in preview either .... Question, what is the file name extension? If it's .jpg that might be the issue.
  • Nikion901
    Options
    @b_lisieux ... sorry, for some reason today the posts won't save when I need to edit them .... that file name SHOULD be .jpg
  • verybusybee
    verybusybee Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Alright I am going to be very honest here. I am hoping by taking control and being honest it will help. I had a horrible weekend. I knew I was not going to do well because it was a weekend spent doing Halloween things with my boys but there were so many places I could have made better choices. For example Friday night I ate an entire 12oz steak at Longhorns so I know I was out of control. The damage that is done is done all I can do now it get back up and continue my journey eating healthier and working out. I did workout of Friday and Saturday and had a 16 day streak of working out. However yesterday I only go in the steps on my fitbit. I rested. Starting off okay today will see how the week goes.
  • newjax2017
    newjax2017 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Can I confess too?
    My lowest weight was to day, very pleased and then proceeded to eat 2404 calories.
    What was I thinking? Darned if I know.
    Ok, back on the wagon tomorrow :smile:
  • b_lisieux
    Options
    Yes Barb. I was doing that. I’ll try to play around with it when I get to our destination. Nice picture!!!
  • happygirlxxx
    happygirlxxx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    @bapcarrier looking good!

@verybusybee don't overthink the weekend because unfortunately we cant go back in time; however now that you know that the places you went have tempting stuff that might not work within your current calorie count .. start from now going online and check their menus so going forward you automatically know what to order and don't need to go through the whole menu and get tempted! That is what I used to do when I was in the US because I know myself ... I love to eat (and usually not the healthy stuff :# ) . And awesome on the workout ... even if Sunday was just your steps is really good; you also need to give your body time to recover.

@newjax2017 right? why do we sabotage ourselves? I don't get it either ... I do the same, I see I am having a great week loosing weight and then I just stuff myself ... that is why I have been going up and down on the same weight for the last months. First I got stuck forever I think between 158/159 and now between 152/155 .... annoying!! :/
  • b_lisieux
    Options
    I believe the files ARE jpg files. Will play some more when I can get to my laptop.

Already off to a bad start here. Lunch was good but ...... oh well.
  • Nikion901
    edited October 2017
    Options
    another person test ...
    test 1 ... used 'insert an image' choose file, choose
    w1s821vgdebm.jpg

test 2 ... used 'add an image' you can also drag and drop --- dragged and dropped
    rfze2fl2m7f1.jpg

@b_lisieux ... the result you got in your test 1 is something that used to happen to me but now I cannot recall how I made that happen ... the image didn't appear inside my post but as an attachment and you had to click on it to open it up in a separate window ... and, of course, now that I'm trying to duplicate that I cannot. But ... here are two tests that I did do .... just for the fun of it while I was sipping my afternoon tea.

PS ... I made screen shots especially for this post, and then edited them to focus in ... should have cropped them tighter! .... Also, the drag and drop photo was a shot that was on my desktop, not a file in a folder like the first one was ... maybe that's the difference ...
  • mtumale
    mtumale Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I know I am super late to this thread, but I really am in desperate need of encouragement, would you all mind if I jumped in on your challenge so I have somewhere to be accountable for the next few weeks as I try to get started? I need to lose 120lbs but I will take any loss at this time as I haven't lost even .5 in over 5 months. I've lost all motivation and think I am finally ready to get back to it and love myself again!
  • Nikion901
    Options
    @mtumate ... Well sure ... I'm just not certain how the person who is keeping track of our numbers this challenge ... @bapcarrier ... feels about it. She's been great, as has everyone who has monitored the challenges of adding people into the spreadsheet to get our numbers. .... Just follow the same format as everyone else ... and if you have the numbers for your weekly weigh-in for the past 5 weeks, go ahead and add them to the data. Weigh-in day is by Wednesday, but we have members who don't weigh in until up to Friday or Saturday ... I'm not certain how the that is handled in the challenge total numbers for the week, maybe not at all.

I took a look at your profile and see you've been a member of MFP for a while now ... did you have success in the past and just 'fell off the wagon" for a while, so now you are back to 'working it'? Don't fret if that's what happened. We have mostly ALL been there and done that at one time or another; heck, more than once!

Actually, I like your idea of aiming to lose just 1/2 pound a week for the next several months. That pace will allow you to make the lifestyle changes that you need to make to lose weight, and ... it's only a 250 calorie a day cut from what you need to stay the same weight. ... baby steps, little nibbles, one-step-at-a-time, one habit at a time ... good luck! And welcome. :)
  • mtumale
    mtumale Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    @Nikion901 thank you so much. Even if my numbers don't count for the challenge, just having somewhere to talk and get motivation is what I really need right now. Yes I have been off and on MFP for years, I lost 68lbs back in 2013, then gained back 72 ugh. I have had a hard time losing any weight this past year especially, but putting it on has been quite easy! blah none of my clothes fit and I am just super uncomfortable, simple as that. I am putting my music on and dancing while I cook and clean at home to get steps in and get a sweat going.
  • cedar2526
    cedar2526 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    @mtumale It is the same for me. I have at least 100 to lose. The challenges are helping, I have lost 12lbs since July, but that is a very slow loss and it is hard for me to stay motivated. I guess I need to set tiny goals so that I don't feel discouraged.
  • bapcarrier
    bapcarrier Posts: 209 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    @mtumale I am doing the challenge reporting for this particular challenge and you are welcome to join in as are any new people. Just follow the format and plan to post your numbers weekly no later than Thursdays. :smile:

On another note, I am struggling...I seem to have lost all will power and I am once again sabotaging myself. Every time I get close to Wonderland this seems to happen. I know what I need to do, I'm just having a bad time following thru with it. I plan my meals, eat correctly until late afternoon or evening and then go off track. Not a lot of calories over my goal but consistently over this last couple of weeks. I haven't even gone back and changed my daily log ins so to MFP it looks like I'm within my daily goal, when really I'm not. UGH I think I would feel better if I had just one day with a big overage instead of this trend to several days... which just shows I'm not in a good place right now. I know I can get this going again, I just have to regroup and change up some things. I know a couple of others are struggling (more than the normal) right now too, @lydiapassthedonuts and @newjax2017 and anyone else having a particularly hard time right now, we can get thru this!