Has Anyone Noticed?

Options
danyeljking
danyeljking Posts: 23 Member
Has anyone noticed some of the general demeanor here on MFP is very negative and a bit intimidating? I've been using MFP for years off and on and the majority of what I see in the general diet help and nutrition forums are users who seem to be rolling their eyes while typing their responses. Thought the golden rule applied online too. Thoughts on this?

Replies

• pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    beingmore1 wrote: »
    I try to be mean to everyone equally so that nobody feels left out. Even if people agree with me I will tell them they are wrong. I have learned that is how to fit in here.

You are totally wrong
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    On one hand, a lot of times a person is asking a question that was already asked 100 times that day or they could easily google it. On the other hand people are very hangry here sometimes.

I'd suggest the search feature for the former, and peanut butter and chocolate for the latter. Then we could all just get along! :smirk:
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Has anyone noticed some of the general demeanor here on MFP is very negative and a bit intimidating? I've been using MFP for years off and on and the majority of what I see in the general diet help and nutrition forums are users who seem to be rolling their eyes while typing their responses. Thought the golden rule applied online too. Thoughts on this?

What is the "golden rule"?
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »

What is the "golden rule"?

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    Options
    sw33tp3a1 wrote: »
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    Anonymity gives people the brazenness they would normally not have. It's easy to be a jerk when you are hiding behind a clever nickname.

AND their use of sarcasm.Most mean things are said through sarcasm but of course here, if you can't handle sarcasm you're a sensitive Sally.

Well that’s kind of true irl as well. But when you are being addressed by someone in a sarcastic manner you can roll your eyes or give them a look or something, which I think is a normal response to sarcastic comments....you can’t really do that on line.

hq1y6lqwv7uj.gif
    Like this?

I've mastered the best eye roll after 14 years of being surrounded by the master of sarcasm. This is tamed :D
  • cee134
    Options
    Anonymity gives people the brazenness they would normally not have. It's easy to be a jerk when you are hiding behind a clever nickname.

AND their use of sarcasm.Most mean things are said through sarcasm but of course here, if you can't handle sarcasm you're a sensitive Sally.

And passive aggressive, don't forget that

Like she wouldn't forget that.
  • cee134
    Options

And passive aggressive, don't forget that

And mastering being vague.

Just like that person at that place.