wish to diet but cant give up on pepsi

Options
124»

Replies

• ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,366 Member
    Options
    Vladaar wrote: »
    Seriously? Maybe look at tea or coffee if caffeine is what you crave. I would break that addiction by goggling all the nasty affects pepsi soda has on the body. Print that off and post that on the fridge. I gave up soda for water a few years ago, doing something similar. My thing was mountain dew and it does some terrible things to the body.

Here's one from first search http://www.healthy-drinks.net/6-harmful-effects-of-drinking-coca-cola-coke-or-pepsi/

Biggest problem with that blog is that the only one of the 6 points that he states (the phosphoric acid effect on bones) has any truth to it all... all the rest of it is total BS.
  • unparalleledAF
    unparalleledAF Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    3bambi3 wrote: »
    Need to lose 12 kgs please help :( I tried alot but just cant give up on pepsi

INSTITUTIONALIZED

But seriously, and I say this with all due respect as somebody who had to learn this in my own time: when you are really serious about losing the weight, you will give up Pepsi. If you're not there yet, then hey: own that. But if you're serious, then stop buying Pepsi. Order water when you go out.

Why?

What, specifically, are you questioning?
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    LoL, the news media doesnt vet sources and we are expected to? I just gave an example there are many other sources. I am always surprised at people demanding scientific proof all the time on posts. Choose to believe or dont it doesnt hurt my feelings. This is my suggestion it worked for me, I feel much healthier for not drinking soda.

Makes you wonder if people are paid by the soda lobbyists to be members in health forums to try to debunk drinking soda is bad. Or Roundup on your vegetables, etc. I am not going to go round and round on these topics, I say my opinion maybe point a link or two to my personal research and if people choose not to believe or want to argue for absolute proof feel free. I won't participate. I am just doing what works for me, and sharing when folks ask.

You rather believe an article from an crappy source than actual scientific research?

Ok last post on this from me. But scientists can slant data however their big paying endorsements want them too. Graphs and such can be changed to make things look better than they are. I am not saying I don't look at scientific evidence, I surely do, but I also listen to my body and see how it responds. I believe the more natural and purer we can get to the food that God created the better we will be. Processed foods, chemically created foods not a big fan of. I definitely do eat some of those foods at times, but I try to stay away whenever possible.

I always find it interesting when people mistrust science because they believe researchers falsify data or that the studies are funded by a particular agency, yet believe information from books, blogs, or the first google search return... do you realize google search results are manipulated by advertising, marketing key word results, clickbait titles to draw people in, etc? Yet science, of course, that's questionable!

The naturalistic fallacy is ridiculous considering you are typing your responses on a human made computer that you just used to google information on about why things that humans make are inherently inferior compared to natural or God created items...

So much irony....

Exactly, thank you. The mental disconnect is astonishing.
  • SoozeE512
    SoozeE512 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Everyone's telling you to fit into your calories, but I disagree. There are a lot of good zero calorie options, and you should make an effort to get rid of it. Refined sugar is the cause of a LOT of excess weight for people. You CAN try to fit it in short term, but strongly encourage you to stop telling yourself you can't give it up. Tell yourself that you CAN give it up, and then do. :) What you tell yourself you can do, is true. So stop telling yourself you can't.

no, excess calories is the cause of excess weight... doesnt matter if those calories come from carrots of pepsi...

How many calories are in "carrots of pepsi"?

Pepsi Carrots...

9ceg3b24olve.jpg
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options

INSTITUTIONALIZED

But seriously, and I say this with all due respect as somebody who had to learn this in my own time: when you are really serious about losing the weight, you will give up Pepsi. If you're not there yet, then hey: own that. But if you're serious, then stop buying Pepsi. Order water when you go out.

Why?

1. Why stop buying pepsi?
    2. Why does drinking soda mean you aren't serious about losing weight?
    3. Why only order water when you go out?
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options

INSTITUTIONALIZED

Why?

Exactly. I buy diet 7up sometimes, and if I weren't serious about losing weight I wouldn't have lost it. I don't think 110 pounds is a fluke. As for the water, the whole concept is odd to me. I drink water when thirsty as a response to a physical need, not when I want something to drink and enjoy. That's like saying if you're serious about weight loss stop eating ice cream and turn on the AC instead.
  • unparalleledAF
    unparalleledAF Posts: 45 Member
    Options

INSTITUTIONALIZED

Why?

The way OP phrases the question makes it sound like Pepsi is holding her back from her weight loss goals. If that's the case, then either she needs to figure out how to give it up, or just accept that losing weight isn't the priority right now.

It would be like me from two years ago saying that I want to lose 10 pounds but I can't give up Pringles. Clearly losing weight isn't more important than chips, so I must not have wanted to lose it that badly.

*shrug* It's basically people asking, "How can I make change happen without really changing the way I do things?"
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

INSTITUTIONALIZED

Why?

The way OP phrases the question makes it sound like Pepsi is holding her back from her weight loss goals. If that's the case, then either she needs to figure out how to give it up, or just accept that losing weight isn't the priority right now.

It would be like me from two years ago saying that I want to lose 10 pounds but I can't give up Pringles. Clearly losing weight isn't more important than chips, so I must not have wanted to lose it that badly.

*shrug* It's basically people asking, "How can I make change happen without really changing the way I do things?"

Did you read subsequent posts from OP where it seems pretty clear that other people have convinced her that the goal of losing weight and her enjoyment of Pepsi are mutually exclusive?

Your post seems to support that philosophy and people are asking why you feel that is true. If OP wants to continue to drink soda, and begins tracking calories accurately, do you agree that she will be able to lose weight if the Pepsi consumption doesn't put her outside her deficit? Why does continuing to drink something that she may fit in her calories, mean she's not serious about weight loss?

And what does INSTITUTIONALIZED mean?
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    jaci66 wrote: »
    200 lbs :love: amazing I will start drinking it :D thank you everyone its just my family who keep discouraging me to diet cause they say I have to leave pepsi to diet -_- thanks alot everyone :D hugs

Sounds like it's time for a FAMILY MEETING. Everyone needs to be on the same page. They need to understand where you are and where you are going and why.

I disagree. Tell the family 'thanks for your input, now kindly butt out while I live my life like the grown *kitten* adult I am.'

As far as diet drinks go, Diet A&W is one of the few I can actually stand (although I usually stick with water).

I agree with this. Why does the whole family need to be on the same page? It's none of their beeswax. Tell them if you want, one time. If it goes in one ear and out the other, forget it. Not worth the trouble.
  • Rooskie73
    Rooskie73 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am a soda drinker for years. I bounce back and forth between the "real" stuff and the diet. Some of my friends tell me how awful the diet is for my teeth and bones. My dentist told me not to worry about it. I am 62, have all of my own teeth, and the dentist said that my teeth are very strong, even stronger than most younger people. I have had a bone density test, and the results were strong bones. Love giving those results to those who are down on me drinking soda.

To the OP, mix it up between the real stuff and the diet. Count it in your daily calories and you don't have to give it up. If you are out someplace and you fix your own beverage, possibly mix real and diet, that would be one way to cut back on the calories. Wish you the best!!