Replies

• elizarizo
    elizarizo Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Squirrels also eat pumpkins
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    This year everyone can add their age(age they will be this year on their birthday) to the year they were born and it will equal 2017

I'll be 27 in November and I was born in 1990
    =2017

My son 3 born 2014= 2017

Other son 9 born 2008=2017

:laugh:
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    This year everyone can add their age(age they will be this year on their birthday) to the year they were born and it will equal 2017

I'll be 27 in November and I was born in 1990
    =2017

My son 3 born 2014= 2017

Other son 9 born 2008=2017

I have seen this or similar things posted like it is something new, some of them even claim that it wont happen again for 1000 years when in face it wont happen again, ever.

This year is the only year that birth year + age = 2017, next year it will = 2018 etc

But every year is the same. What is said is the equivalent of saying water is wet or fire is hot :tongue:
  • NewerJenn
    NewerJenn Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    The saying was orignally (and still should be though most people say it wrong) is "You've got another THINK coming" as apposed to "You've got another THING coming".
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    NewerJenn wrote: »
    The saying was orignally (and still should be though most people say it wrong) is "You've got another THINK coming" as apposed to "You've got another THING coming".

I didn't believe you so I googled it. looks like you are correct.

"If that's what you think, you've got another think coming"
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Water is moist.

@lstrat115
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    NewerJenn wrote: »
    Wow... some things you just take for granite. #SeeWhatIDidThere?
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    I had oatmeal and yogurt for breakfast.
  • Timshel_
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    Water is moist.

@lstrat115

MMMMMmoooooissssttttttt!

tenor.gif
  • cee134
    Options
    An MP3 is an audio file. An MP4 is a video and audio file. An MP5 is a sub-machine gun.
  • cee134
    Options
    Timepiece with the fewest moving parts: Sundial. Timepiece with the most moving parts: Hourglass.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Timepiece with the fewest moving parts: Sundial. Timepiece with the most moving parts: Hourglass.
    Q5595_s-200x150.gif?c=popkey-web&p=popkey&i=emoji--reactions&l=similar&f=.gif

• Timshel_
    Options
    I had pretzels for breakfast. I think they are a good universal food.
  • cee134
    Options
    Ginger Ale is just a more specific Root Beer.
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRz8HBSdJxW7bhcMKFDeD877-rAEvkI8Wy4tLLN8tKtFpHWem1K
  • cee134
    Options
    When we say 'ctrl', 'alt', 'del' out loud, we don't use the full version of alt.
  • cee134
    Options
    Alt is short for Alternate, Alt is a modifier key located on both sides of the spacebar key on IBM compatible computer keyboards.
  • cee134
    Options
    Alt is short for Alternate, Alt is a modifier key located on both sides of the spacebar key on IBM compatible computer keyboards.

Alternate the verb or alternate the adjective

Maybe a adjective, but not defined like the dictionary defines it. It's defined in programming speak. It is a modifier key (I'm sure there is a grammar joke there somewhere) which is a key on a computer's keyboard that is only used in conjunction with another key. Modifier keys are often used with other keys to perform computer keyboard shortcuts and other commands.

For example,
    • Alt = Pressing the Alt key alone focuses the computer on the File Menu (if available).
    • Alt+F = Pressing these two keys opens the File Menu in an open program.
    • Alt+F4 = These keys close the open program. To close an open window or tab within a program press Ctrl+F4.
    • Alt+Spacebar = Open the Window menu of the program currently open.
    • Alt+Tab = These keys switch between open programs left-to-right. Pressing Alt+Shift+Tab reverses the order of switching programs.