Lean By Labor Day Challenge (*CLOSED GROUP*)

Options

Replies

• Kell888
    Kell888 Posts: 51
    Options
    Philis, I know what you mean with the sweets I love them. However, I plan my sweet days and know how much exercise I need to do to burn the calories. Then I feel like I earn them ! Kelly
  • PhiliciousCurves
    PhiliciousCurves Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Philis, I know what you mean with the sweets I love them. However, I plan my sweet days and know how much exercise I need to do to burn the calories. Then I feel like I earn them ! Kelly

Thanks Kell and Becca for the words of encouragement! I usually don't have big cravings that I don't handle normally, but this was pretty intense. I believe it’s getting close to that time of the month, which usually makes me extremely horny or extremely passionate about eating sweets! I guess this time, it’s the latter! :laugh:

And Becca, I don't know why I purchasedt three instead of one! It was probably the fact that one cookie cost $.70 and three was $1.50. I guess you can consider it a bargain, but not a bargain if I ate two of the three! :wink:

Thanks again ladies!
  • ashleymariec89
    ashleymariec89 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    TODAY IS THE BEST DAY EVER!!!!!!!!!!!
    I went to my doctors appointment to get the results of my blood work, andddddd I AM NOT DIABETIC ANYMORE!!!!!!
    I also dropped my bad cholesterol from 310 to 165!!!!!! YAY ME!!!!
    I AM SO FRICKIN' EXCITED!

In other news, my internet took a poop last night, due to the bad storms, so while I was able to complete my diary, I was unable to post to you guys

Monday
    sleep 1
    water 1
    exercise 4
    diary 1

total 7

Tues- I did a lower body workout on my wii yesterday, and my legs are KILLING me!! so today is rest day,

sleep 1
    water 1
    exercise 0
    diary 1

total 3

weekly total 10

P.S. Can someone please kick my stupid ticker to get it MOVING AGAIN!!! since you might hurt yourself trying to kick all the way over here to my scale. A good flick might do it too!
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    WAY TO GO , Ashley!!!!!!!!!!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • ashleymariec89
    Options
    WAY TO GO , Ashley!!!!!!!!!!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Thank you :happy:
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    TUESDAY POINTS:

exercise 3.5
    sleep 1
    water 1
    log 1

totals 6.5
  • Kell888
    Kell888 Posts: 51
    Options
    Awesome job Ashley. I am glad you are getting everything under control when you are young I am a nurse and see way too many people who wait too long and then can't kick their problems. Being healthy is not just important for your physical being but also your mental health. I hope to be as successful in my weight lose as you have been!
  • babydbones
    babydbones Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Monday Points

Food-1
    Water-1
    Sleep-1
    Exercise-11

I killed it yesterday!! I got 14 points!!!
  • meli_medina
    meli_medina Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Tuesday Points:

Log: 1
    Water: 1
    Sleep: 1
    Exercise: 3
    Total points: 6

Total points week 1: 34
    Total points week 2: 47
    Total points week 3: 10
    Total points overall: 91

Also, for the crunches challenge, I did 5 minutes of various crunches, for a total of 150 crunches in all. I did regular crunches, reverse crunches, double crunches, bicycle crunches, and plank twists (my nemesis), along with my 3 minutes of abs work on 30 Day Shred! Go me!
  • grover0ca
    grover0ca Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Gosh you have an early start..that would be torture for me:bigsmile:
    Well I decided to suck it up and do Cardio Max this morning..was careful with the lunges and they were not too bad..it was a good workout!

That's great! By the way, I noticed that you rewarded yourself with a tattoo after you achieved your goal! Just curious to know what did you get and where did you get it?

I took my daughter yesterday for her sixth or seventh tattoo and I've been wanting to get another, however after watching her cringed with pain, I'm having second thoughts! :noway: :laugh:

But seriously, I do have a tattoo on my lower left outside ankle, but I want another one, possibly right back shoulder.

I am one of those mom's that takes their kids for tattoo's too..lol..he is 18 though.
    I have a half sleeve on my right arm..I LOVE it:heart:
    What are you planning on getting??
  • RubyRed1999
    RubyRed1999 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Way to go Ashley on reclaiming your health.
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    81 points total
    I will workout 60 minutes daily
    Monday: 103 minutes 8 points
    Tuesday: 60 minutes jogging plus I substituted windshield superstitious for crunches. I earned 6 points.

How is everyone doing?
  • AmyByExample
    AmyByExample Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Oooh the board has been busy - so exciting! I had hopefully our last crazy schedule day of the summer. Right from work to the swim banquet which we skipped out early of at 8:45 - we just haven't been home, and are beat!

I was so proud of my boys. My 7 year old won the MVP for the 7-8 year old age group. They called him their secret weapon. He was so excited to get a trophy. My 9 year old who isn't as fast a swimmer was very excited that he had done well enough to place in points for 2/3 of his events. Happy to see him get some awards too :)

I got in 60 crunches unlike Melissa cranking out 150! Wow!!!

I must away to bed or I'll miss out on my 7 hours.

Oh, and YAY ASHLEY!!!! Reversing your diabetes, crushing your old cholesterol number into smithereens! You ROCK! Sending a nudge at your ticker who will surely start moving with joy at this news!

Hugs to all!!

Amy
  • ashleymariec89
    Options
    hmm.... I can't edit my post from earlier :/

I decided to go for a 20 min walk, because my legs were so sore, and I was told I should keep moving...so...

Tues points (REVISED)
    sleep 1
    water 1
    exercise 1
    diary 1

total 4
    weekly total 11
  • future_marathoner
    future_marathoner Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I got in 120 crunches just in the nick of time! Its been a while since my abs have had a good workout! That was a great challenge idea!

points today
    Food-1
    Sleep-1 (going to bed now!)
    Excercise- 3
    Water-1
    Total today- 6
    Total Monday-9
    Total for the week-15

Ashley- What WONDERFUL news! You are an inspiration!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!:flowerforyou:
  • RubyRed1999
    RubyRed1999 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    My points for Monday was 7 and points for Tuesday was 6. I don't know how many crunches I got in today but I did do Levels 1 and 3 of 30DS so I know there were a few. :happy:
  • PhiliciousCurves
    Options
    Gosh you have an early start..that would be torture for me:bigsmile:
    Well I decided to suck it up and do Cardio Max this morning..was careful with the lunges and they were not too bad..it was a good workout!

That's great! By the way, I noticed that you rewarded yourself with a tattoo after you achieved your goal! Just curious to know what did you get and where did you get it?

I took my daughter yesterday for her sixth or seventh tattoo and I've been wanting to get another, however after watching her cringed with pain, I'm having second thoughts! :noway: :laugh:

But seriously, I do have a tattoo on my lower left outside ankle, but I want another one, possibly right back shoulder.

I am one of those mom's that takes their kids for tattoo's too..lol..he is 18 though.
    I have a half sleeve on my right arm..I LOVE it:heart:
    What are you planning on getting??

Not sure what I would like to get, but I was considering something danty, like a hummingbird, or a butterfly to match the one that I have on my ankle!

Actually, I would like to get whatever doesn't hurt the most! LOL! :laugh:
  • PhiliciousCurves
    Options
    Goodmorning Team!

It's a great day to be above ground, so let's enjoy it! Yesteday, I had a mild set-back with my sugar craving, and I gave in, but I put in some extra time on the elliptical and walk with Penni, so I'm sure I made up for the 400 calories from the two cookies I ate! But no time to dwell on yesterday, because it's gone, so time to focus on today and get it right!

Monday, August 1st
    Sleep: 0
    Food: 1
    Exercise: 1.5
    Total: 3.5 points

Tuesday, August 2nd
    Sleep: 1
    Food: 1
    Exercise: 4.5
    Total: 7 points

Tuesday's Challenge - Crunches: 79
    I did a combination of the regualar crunches and reverse crunches! I was pushing for 100, but didn't make it, my lower and top abs were screaming for me to stop! :sad:
  • becca0211
    becca0211 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Tuesday Points:

Sleep-1
    Exercise -7.5
    Water-1
    Food-1

Total - 10.5

Weekly Total - 24.5

I have no idea how many crunches I did in pilates last night, but my abs were on fire!!!! I can still feel it today and tonight I am scheduled to do Ab Ripper X again!!!! Thank goodness Friday is my rest day :smile:
  • becca0211
    becca0211 Posts: 250 Member
    Options

Thanks Kell and Becca for the words of encouragement! I usually don't have big cravings that I don't handle normally, but this was pretty intense. I believe it’s getting close to that time of the month, which usually makes me extremely horny or extremely passionate about eating sweets! I guess this time, it’s the latter! :laugh:

And Becca, I don't know why I purchasedt three instead of one! It was probably the fact that one cookie cost $.70 and three was $1.50. I guess you can consider it a bargain, but not a bargain if I ate two of the three! :wink:

Thanks again ladies!

My old office was located between Subway and The Dollar Tree. I was a frequent purchaser of 3 cookies at Subway (it does seem very cost effective to buy 3, lol) or a bag of candy from The Dollar Tree.... A good prices is not always a good deal :smile: