Looking for Other Sugar, Flour and Wheat Abstinent friends

Options
2»

Replies

• Kullerva
    Kullerva Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    *looks at breakfast*: Pancakes.
    *looks at lunch*: Homemade bean brownie.
    *looks at dinner*: Homemade whole wheat bread.
    *looks at weight loss* 43 lbs down. In the healthy weight range.
    *looks at health markers* Aside from a twisted back caused by neglect in childhood, I'm fine.

So, eat this way if you like, but it's not necessary. My two cents.
  • kwhitburn1968
    kwhitburn1968 Posts: 1 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I am not a sales person, trust me, but i started a diet 2 weeks ago and it all came from this book, 'The 8-Week Blood Sugar Diet: Lose weight fast and reprogramme your body'.

Basically, i do a lot of sport, used to be a triathlete when i was in my late 20's but weighted 70kgs, now i am 95kg, still exercise but boy do i look and feel bigger, my wife and son keep telling me they like my chunkiness, but i dont.

I gave up dieting so i don't really like the title of this book, it is more a life style change, i gave up sugar 2 1/2 weeks ago, no bread, pasta, potatoes, sweets anything along those lines.

I replaced all that with simple foods, set myself a target and said that if i wanted to lose weight, dont make it complicated, so stuck to the principles of the book but not the recipes. I dont have time to do them.

Poached eggs, grilled mushrooms in the morning from my Cafe, lunch of mostly salad and/ or beans/ pulses, afternoon two pieces of fruit, some almonds, Ryvita occasionally, as this is not advised, Protein shakes 3 times a week to make sure i get enough protein and once a week a Twix, my soft spot. I dont have time to cook, as i said, so have decided not to worry about cost until my programme is finished, it works for me so far.

Maybe you can buy the book or borrow it from the library, but it is working for me, this morning i weighted 89.6kg already, and still going, i dont even remember the last time i was below 90kg, it must have been about 5 years now.

SW_Free, if you want a buddy, drop me a line.

The date of your post is the date i started back, i had to take a week off for celebrations, sons birthday, son moving into new house, son new job, son passing driving theory, no chance of staying a way from food :-(

Let me know.

P.S. forgot to add, i am a veggie so that helps me on this diet, i can eat grass so long as it has pepper :-)

K
  • bryerangel
    bryerangel Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have celiac so I have no choice
  • bryerangel
    bryerangel Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Everyone can add me
  • Sunnybrooke99
    Sunnybrooke99 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I mostly eat like that (except I drink wine). I’ve been plant based for years, but I’m not too strict about it. I’ll go ahead and get a pizza now and then, or share a burger if I eat out, but I don’t look down on anyone who is trying to gain control and tighten the reigns for awhile. I do feel like I’ve seen results from changing how I eat. I have few cravings now days, and my blood work is much better. Feel free to add me, if you want.