Beyond Frustrated

Options

Replies

• mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    leahvallee wrote: »
    I am using fitness pal to enter even the gum I chew if I chew a gum. I do use measuring cup and tbsp. to measure everything I eat. What I meant by keeping the same food portions, I meant as the lean cuisine portions.
    No I have not netted 500 since July, in July I started with 1000 calories a day. Beginning of September is when I started boxing 4 times a week and burning more calories. I am 5'2 and "my" ideal weight is 105-110 not what's in a book somewhere, this is the weight I feel good at.

As someone else said, cups and spoons are not accurate. You're short, and you're already at a healthy weight--you have to be fastidious with your tracking to lose weight.

Also--"keeping the same food portions as the Lean Cuisine"--if you are not using the exact same ingredients in the exact same proportions as the Lean Cuisine, then your rendition, even if the same size, is going to have different calories.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    That video is great. It got me to start using the food scale in grams, that I had and wasnt using. I’m also 5’2”. You can lose this weight. I’m on my last 5 pounds, only because I keep going over. If not, at 1200 Cal, I’d be at GW (125#) for me. Tough time of year.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a logging issue. You're not using a scale - so we know your amounts are off. Are you using the recipe builder for those home cooked meals or just using the Lean Cuisine calories? I'm guessing those amounts are likely off too.

If you truly were netting only 500 calories as you claim - first of all you'd probably be barely able to do the boxing due to the lack of nutrients and second the weight would be dropping off like crazy.
  • aprilzabeth
    aprilzabeth Posts: 18 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and feel like 105 - 110 is best for me, too. Right now I'm 112 and just staying here for a while by choice. Like you, I had trouble losing the last 10-15 pounds. I ate much less and exercised so much. But nothing worked. It turns out you can't fight your body. I began eating MORE and the weight just came off.

1,000 is soooo low. Espeically if you are exercising and not eating the calories back. That's just way too dangerously low. I've found that 1350 with 30 minutes of casual walking is ideal for me to lose weight. I can still lose weight eating more than that though. I've eaten 1600 - 1750 before and weighed myself expecting to have gained weight and found I lost weight.

If you are hungry and cranky then you are not eating enough. I had a horrible time eating so little and doing so much aerobic exercise numerous times a day. Turns out just relaxing walks and eating better works better.

I use cups and measuring spoons to measure though people in this thread say they are not accurate. It works for me. So I'm not sure if you are eating more than you think or not eating enough. It sounds like you're not eating enough. I know it sounds crazy to eat more, but it's what worked for me. I'm short and small boned I thought I'd need to use witchcraft or something to begin losing weight again until I found the right amount of exercise / food.

When I was eating little and exercising a lot I ended up losing my period for 4 months. I had to eat more and relax. Now everything is fine again.

Good luck.

• ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Ditto food scale.
  • LeahV93
    LeahV93 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thank you for those of you concerned about me. I am not expecting daily results and I am not expecting to become anorexic , as I mentioned I started at 120 in July and I am still at 120. Again as I said I started by simply cutting calories, when no results I added exercise, in addition to cutting calories and exercising, I am making healthy eating choices. Hence the title of the post, beyond frustration, I haven't lost any weight. My goal is 110 which is perfectly within the healthy range for my height.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    leahvallee wrote: »
    Thank you for those of you concerned about me. I am not expecting daily results and I am not expecting to become anorexic , as I mentioned I started at 120 in July and I am still at 120. Again as I said I started by simply cutting calories, when no results I added exercise, in addition to cutting calories and exercising, I am making healthy eating choices. Hence the title of the post, beyond frustration, I haven't lost any weight. My goal is 110 which is perfectly within the healthy range for my height.

Then you need to see a doctor as there is something very wrong if you can't lose weight on 1000 cals plus exercise.