Christmas Countdown Challenge (Closed Group) - Week 2

Options

Replies

• NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Does any one know of a good cheese for salads and sliced cheese for snacks that have lower calories??

I really like feta cheese on my salads. I make a cucumber & tomato salad w/ feta cheese and it is sooo good.

Basically - Cucumber, Tomato, Feta Cheese, oil & vinegar, garlic powder, & Italian seasoning (to save even more calories replace oil & vinegar, garlic & Italian seasoning with Fat Free Italian Dressing)

I haven't personally tried it, but I have tons of people on my friends list who like Laughing Cow cheese, might be worth a look into.
    laughingcowcheese.jpg
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    Oh.. one last thing... how do we track them in our exercise diary??? How many calories are burned, do you think??

Huh I didn't even think of that :) good point, anyone know the answer?

From what I could gather from the article that I read, they will be tracked in the strength area opposed to the cardio area. They do burn calories, but we won't be doing them long enough to record the calories burned.

I agree.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    Okay, so my big stomach totally gets in the way... even the beginner burpee was difficult to do. It looks so much easier watching a thin person do them! :ohwell:

But this is what I figured out... I will start with 5 in the morning and 5 in the evening and add one each day until - hopefully - by the end of the week, I'll be doing 10 in the morning and 10 in the evening. That will be a personal goal.

I liked the idea of using a step for my hands... perhaps then my feet will go where they are supposed to go instead of sidestepping around my enormous belly!! :blushing:

Thank you, Jenn!!! For putting together this group and giving us challenges that really challenge us!!!

Don't worry your not the only one...My gut gets in the way...I have to go slow otherwise my legs either go out to avoid the belly, or if I speed up I end up kneeing myself in the stomach... But one day I hope that it will flatten out and this won't be an issue anymore lol
  • kthom
    kthom Posts: 175
    Options
    I am in need of some spinach recipes. Anyone have anything good?
  • Sugs94
    Sugs94 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Can I ask does anyone do the wii zumba game here? I'm not sure how to track it and I've been putting it as dancing general, any suggestions welcome :-)
    I have been doing the same thing....I don't have a HR monitor...I don't think I exert as much as when I took the actual class...but I work up a pretty good sweat. I wish they had fast vs slow on the general dancing like they do the ballroom.
  • VolatileChocolate
    Options
    Managed to do 12 Burpees last night, did one normal one and the rest ended up being beginner ones. Did have to stop to catch my breath at no 7 as HR went up to 149!!! Just goes to show how good they are.
  • CarolM742
    CarolM742 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    10 Burpees done! Wow I can't believe how hard they were to do. I am really out of shape. I am sure they will get easier each day.
  • KelliesCupcake
    Options
    Can I ask does anyone do the wii zumba game here? I'm not sure how to track it and I've been putting it as dancing general, any suggestions welcome :-)
    I have been doing the same thing....I don't have a HR monitor...I don't think I exert as much as when I took the actual class...but I work up a pretty good sweat. I wish they had fast vs slow on the general dancing like they do the ballroom.

Thank you :-) so I'll keep doing what I'm doing :-P
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of a burpee either! I'll have to give 'em a try.

Hate to be a drag, but would someone mind posting one more time the CCC signature? NOW I see where I can just click "Signature" at the top...:huh:

Can someone post it for me too, thanks in advance :)

250121_578894650113_179201885_32260052_7865913_n.jpg

this is the link for the green box signature thing, but you have to change the IMGs to img.
  • yramesor333
    Options

just found this :)

Crustless Spinach Pie

1 pkg frozen chopped spinach, thawed & drained
    1 diced onion
    1 cup low fat cottage cheese
    3/4 cup reduced fat mexican shredded cheese (any cheese would be good, this is just what i had on hand)
    1/4 cup self rising flour
    1 cup Egg Beaters
    salt & pepper to taste

Mix together spinach, onion, cottage cheese & shredded cheese. Mix egg beaters and flour together in a seperate bowl. Combine this mixture into the spinach mixture. Pour into a greased pie plate and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.

The onions remained pretty crispy, which I like, but if you do not like that texture, you might want to sautee them before you mix them in.

Four 4 huge servings (1/4 of the pie), it is 184 calories per slice.
    Calories: 184 Carbs: 15 Fat: 5 Sugar: 4 Sodium:728 Fiber: 2

For 6 servings it is 123 calories per slice.
    Calories: 123 Carbs: 10 Fat: 4 Sugar: 3 Sodium: 486 Fiber: 1
  • jcannon15
    jcannon15 Posts: 148
    Options

just found this :)

Crustless Spinach Pie

1 pkg frozen chopped spinach, thawed & drained
    1 diced onion
    1 cup low fat cottage cheese
    3/4 cup reduced fat mexican shredded cheese (any cheese would be good, this is just what i had on hand)
    1/4 cup self rising flour
    1 cup Egg Beaters
    salt & pepper to taste

Mix together spinach, onion, cottage cheese & shredded cheese. Mix egg beaters and flour together in a seperate bowl. Combine this mixture into the spinach mixture. Pour into a greased pie plate and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.

The onions remained pretty crispy, which I like, but if you do not like that texture, you might want to sautee them before you mix them in.

Four 4 huge servings (1/4 of the pie), it is 184 calories per slice.
    Calories: 184 Carbs: 15 Fat: 5 Sugar: 4 Sodium:728 Fiber: 2

For 6 servings it is 123 calories per slice.
    Calories: 123 Carbs: 10 Fat: 4 Sugar: 3 Sodium: 486 Fiber: 1

this sounds yummy
  • shaverkl191
    Options

Here is a recipe for a really good dip! I believe it's a weight watcher's recipe:

One container of light cream cheese
    One cup of fat free sour cream
    One bag of spinach
    Chives (about half a package of fresh chives)
    Squirt of lemon juice
    One bag of shredded Feta

Boil Spinach for about 5 minutes. Drain and press down on it to get most of the water out. Put everything in the blender and blend until smooth. That’s it!
  • want_it_25
    want_it_25 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Forgot to post that I did the challenge last night. I had to do the beginner burpees. By the end of the week I want to do the normal burpees.
  • JustJenn419
    JustJenn419 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    GOOOOOODDDDD MORNING CCCer's!!!!!!!!!! :bigsmile:

Sorry I was almost completely absent the last two days. I really wasn't feeling well and yesterday was my 13 hour day (including 5 hours of giving a training). I got a little over 8 hours sleep last night and I am feeling a bit better today :happy:

So how is everyone doing with their burpee challenge?!? :sick: From what I've read your are putting your all into doing them, whether its beginner or advanced, 4 of them or 20. You inspire me everyday :blushing:

I have some make up to do as I ave not gotten any burpees in at all. On the plus side, I am up to about 70oz of water a day and still maintaining 4 fruits/veggie servings. Ain't nothin' wrong with that!

For those that have posted your weight from last week in this post, I will update it for the upcoming week so that we stay on track. Please please please remeber to weigh in anytime from Friday to Sunday. Anything after Sunday will not be counted until the following week. But I am super happy to see all of you here. POST AWAY!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • wolfpack111
    Options
    Well I got a 3 mile walk in, sweated over my flower bed for about 15 mins and the first 10 burpees in today :smile: I feel GREAT but needless to say I am pooped :yawn: Oh and I got my water in today:drinker: !

Does any one know of a good cheese for salads and sliced cheese for snacks that have lower calories??

Thanks in advnced for the feedback!

Everyone have a good night!

President fat free feta for salds is yum and sliced cheese i used the reduced fat pepper jack cheese by sargento is only 60 cals! and it's worth it to me because I LOVE cheese!
  • kthom
    kthom Posts: 175
    Options
    Thanks for the recipes they sound great.
  • gennybunny1
    Options
    Good morning all,
    I got in 10 burpees yesterday and then went to work for 9 hours then took my daughter out to do her flyer route. Needless to say it was a late night and I wll have to do my darndess to get in 10 more burpees tonight. Have to take my daughter out again to do more flyers after another 9 hour day at work. A mothers job is never done..sigh.. Oh well at least I get out for a bit of a walk.

Take care all and have a great day..
  • beautynthalight
    beautynthalight Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    ok so i just saw the new challenge for this week....will try my best to do some burpees tonight...i dunno how many tho...hoping for at least 5 *fingers crossed*....ty for the CCC img link...i need to make two for my other challenges as well :drinker:
  • adrehe
    adrehe Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Did ten burpees last night and getting ready to start a quick 30 min cardio session and I'll see how many burpees I can work in to the mix. I have had a crazy couple of days little sleep and not enough water but I am back home for now and back on track!
  • patty9013
    patty9013 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Well I was able to increase to 3 this morning. That makes 7 for 2 days. But I think I'm gonna have to lay off tonight because my knee is killing me. Oh well at least I am trying. Wooo hooo for me!