The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• syclops
    syclops Posts: 90 Member
    I had to sit and think for a minute...am I 46 or 47...oh man! Its setting in already? I have worked out ever since I was in 8th grade after a wrestling injury and haven't stopped since! My goal is to stay in shape and VERY active until I'm called home.

Feel free to reach out and add me! I've got to start blogging more than what I have...and maybe by adding more like-minded individuals I'll do that!
  • Jessyd76
    Jessyd76 Posts: 539 Member
    syclops wrote: »
    I had to sit and think for a minute...am I 46 or 47...oh man! Its setting in already? I have worked out ever since I was in 8th grade after a wrestling injury and haven't stopped since! My goal is to stay in shape and VERY active until I'm called home.

Feel free to reach out and add me! I've got to start blogging more than what I have...and maybe by adding more like-minded individuals I'll do that!

Lmao! I had to think about that the other day. I Could have sworn I was still a 30-something. :tongue:
  • syclops
    Jessyd76 wrote: »

Lmao! I had to think about that the other day. I Could have sworn I was still a 30-something. :tongue:

HAHAA!!! I think I have nailed it down....I am 46...going on 47....but feeling 28!!!
  • JennyRATL
    JennyRATL Posts: 199 Member

Ha! I do that, too!
    I haven't been on this message thread since early this year. Just saw my first post and was happy to see I'm only 43.

Then I realized I've had a birthday since then....doh!
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    I'm 41 today, sniff sniff. Def fit the middle age title now lol. My son is 10 and didn't want to go out last night, which surprises me. He did, however, still want candy lol.

Hmm, 41 was 10 years ago for me.
  • syclops
    JennyRATL wrote: »

Ha! I do that, too!
    I haven't been on this message thread since early this year. Just saw my first post and was happy to see I'm only 43.

Then I realized I've had a birthday since then....doh!

HA! That's great! We aren't aging...we are refining!

• ca1v1n
    ca1v1n Posts: 30 Member
    Turned 47 a couple months ago. In better shape today then I was in my 20's. Joined a Dojo the summer before my 45th birthday and started learning Karate in an attempt to get in shape. It didn't have much effect until this past May when I snapped and changed other aspects of my lifestyle. Essentially gave up alcohol (I'll still drink a beer on a hot summer day after doing yard work or something but essentially reduced alcohol consumption by 95%). Gave up chips, gave up white bread, gave up junk food entirely. Started using MFP and tracking calories religiously, and started doing some additional cardio and swimming (and just now getting into weights) on top of the 3x weekly 1hr karate sessions. Currently hold a green belt, will test for Blue next summer. Goal is Black Belt by 50 but I'll probably miss that target by a year. Since March I've lost 50 lbs. Had to get all my suits tailored, none of my old clothes fit and it feels great. By next summer I'm hoping to have a 6pack for the first time in my life and damn right I plan on spending a lot of time at the beach showing them off. Always looking for motivation and especially tips on weight training as I have NO CLUE what I am doing.
  • Jessyd76
    Jessyd76 Posts: 539 Member
    ca1v1n wrote: »
    Turned 47 a couple months ago. In better shape today then I was in my 20's. Joined a Dojo the summer before my 45th birthday and started learning Karate in an attempt to get in shape. It didn't have much effect until this past May when I snapped and changed other aspects of my lifestyle. Essentially gave up alcohol (I'll still drink a beer on a hot summer day after doing yard work or something but essentially reduced alcohol consumption by 95%). Gave up chips, gave up white bread, gave up junk food entirely. Started using MFP and tracking calories religiously, and started doing some additional cardio and swimming (and just now getting into weights) on top of the 3x weekly 1hr karate sessions. Currently hold a green belt, will test for Blue next summer. Goal is Black Belt by 50 but I'll probably miss that target by a year. Since March I've lost 50 lbs. Had to get all my suits tailored, none of my old clothes fit and it feels great. By next summer I'm hoping to have a 6pack for the first time in my life and damn right I plan on spending a lot of time at the beach showing them off. Always looking for motivation and especially tips on weight training as I have NO CLUE what I am doing.

Well dayum!! Look at you go! You are totally killing it! Any chance you could bottle some of that drive and send it over to me?
  • skinnycow1234567
    skinnycow1234567 Posts: 167 Member
    please add gottabeeleighv
  • BcMuscles
    BcMuscles Posts: 109 Member
    Feel free to add me
  • Brimixed
    Brimixed Posts: 186 Member
    Hey! happy friday! Looking for some regular loggers to help each other accountable and offer motivation :)
  • mrw0915
    mrw0915 Posts: 40 Member
    All the same to you. Have a good weekend.
  • bluesmanhart6679
    bluesmanhart6679 Posts: 55 Member
    48, getting close to my weight goal and have even started training for the first time in 30 years.
  • BcMuscles
    BcMuscles Posts: 109 Member
    36/Canadian
  • Faiz031
    Faiz031 Posts: 81 Member
    Hiya, 36 here, feel free to add me :)
  • OldandBroken74
    OldandBroken74 Posts: 5 Member
    Add me as well 43 year old Dad
  • Loumossmfp78
    Loumossmfp78 Posts: 149 Member
    Im lou 39. feel free to add me
  • Blue_eyes_jojo
    Blue_eyes_jojo Posts: 57 Member
    43,just trying to stay healthy and maintain
  • dgthom72
    dgthom72 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Hi Joanne, Lou, broken!! Everyone. 45 in Ohio.

Be positive!! Enjoy life. Love what you are doing. Whatever you are doing. You may as well!! Why’s the point of not?? Letting people hear you complain? Positivity breeds positivity.

Go out and have an awesome day. Have the best Tuesday ever. There will be set backs and challenges. Piss those challenges off by laughing in their faces and overcoming.

Have a great day!!!
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Hi everyone! Feel free to add me as a friend. I am trying to cut down on the number of friend requests I send. I throw them around like flowers as I skip along in the sunshine. I accept them just as easily though.

That doesn't mean that anyone who is already my friend is not special. I treasure everyone of you. Hugs all around!!

Okay. Back to my coffee I go