Sugar Cravings

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    i have chocolate every day just about :/ if you want a sweet fix but not totally empty calories, have some fruit. grapes are one of my favorites for sweet semi mindless snacking.

but i still have chocolate every day LLOLOLOL
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    I’m getting mixed messages in your post so I hope you will break this down for me.
    - Are you craving sweet things?
    - Are you eating a varied diet otherwise (protein, fruits and vegetables)?
    - Are you trying to cut regular sugar from your diet as well as artificial sweeteners?

Chocolate has a few things going for it that makes it so appealing. Besides sugar it has fat, caffeine, antioxidants and tryptophan.

Caffeine withdrawal which is in colas, coffee, and chocolate can also trigger a headache.

Fat is highly appealing and satiating. Are you trying to avoid fat too?
  • xxzenabxx
    xxzenabxx Posts: 935 Member
    I'm going to quit sugar cold turkey. I can't eat it in small amounts. Hopefully this should help me as I've done it before.
  • xxzenabxx
    xxzenabxx wrote: »
    I'm going to quit sugar cold turkey. I can't eat it in small amounts. Hopefully this should help me as I've done it before.

you did it before..... so... it didn't work last time.. so why would it this time?

It did work last time. How do you know it didn't work? I'm sorry your comment is confusing???
  • xxzenabxx
    I'm going to quit sugar cold turkey. I can't eat it in small amounts.

You said you are going to do this

Hopefully this should help me as I've done it before.

You said you did it before. However, If you have already done it once, if it actually worked, you wouldn't be needing to do it now.

I quit cold turkey last year when I lost a lot of weight (a lot of which I regained because I ate junk food). I notice that I can't stick to my calories and eat sugar within reason. It makes my cravings worse. It did work before and the reason that I started eating sugar again was because I just did as it was summer and I like to enjoy foods with my family. I chose to eat sugar and hence I haven't managed to control my cravings. I also find it hard to stay under my calories. Problem? I guess you can't seem to realise that we are all made differently and I'm only saying what works for me.
  • Sunnybrooke99
    Sunnybrooke99 Posts: 369 Member
    I know it doesn’t directly make sense, but I crave sugar most when I’m not getting enough sleep. I’ll have a little coffee, if it’s still kinda early in the day, or take a mild sleeping aid and some tea in the evening.
  • JoLightensUp
    JoLightensUp Posts: 140 Member
    I know it doesn’t directly make sense, but I crave sugar most when I’m not getting enough sleep. I’ll have a little coffee, if it’s still kinda early in the day, or take a mild sleeping aid and some tea in the evening.

Yep, I'm exactly the same. Sometimes I find myself hunting out sugary foods in the evenings, unconsciously looking for a little energy boost when I start to feel tired. Now that I'm more aware of it, I try to skip the sweet stuff and just go to bed!
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    PAV8888 wrote: »

you did it before..... so... it didn't work last time.. so why would it this time?

It did work last time. How do you know it didn't work? I'm sorry your comment is confusing???

Didn't work 'cause you're here looking to do it again :wink:

I get what you are saying. But I regained my weight without ever having cut sugar. It happens a lot.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,012 Member
    Dnarules wrote: »
    PAV8888 wrote: »

Didn't work 'cause you're here looking to do it again :wink:

I get what you are saying. But I regained my weight without ever having cut sugar. It happens a lot.

Pav's point . . . missed