Lunchtable for the nerdy (warning: only nerdy people allowed)

Options

Replies

• MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    Who wants to help me teach my 8 year old how to play Pokemon? Or like, which games to even buy (there's different colors...what does that mean?) on the Nintendo 3DS. We tried to watch a youtube video of a junior championship match but none of us could figure out exactly what was even happening. Relevant links are appreciated!

Any takers? I'll trade you a few replicator rations!!

The game will teach you.

The colors are just different versions, having to do with the release date. You probably want to get the newest one.

You use pokemon to battle other pokemon and get more pokemon. That's about what I know.

This is from 2014 so it's not up-to-date, but it should help you some.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rzSsgP1dqk

Thank you, we'll watch it later today. He knows that you battle and have to use your pokemon's moves, but I feel like there's more to it than that. Like the different elements need to be taken in to consideration, etc. Idk. I collected Pog's and X-Files memorabilia when I was a kid so I guess I just never got in to Pokemon, lol.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    Who wants to help me teach my 8 year old how to play Pokemon? Or like, which games to even buy (there's different colors...what does that mean?) on the Nintendo 3DS. We tried to watch a youtube video of a junior championship match but none of us could figure out exactly what was even happening. Relevant links are appreciated!

Any takers? I'll trade you a few replicator rations!!

The game will teach you.

The colors are just different versions, having to do with the release date. You probably want to get the newest one.

You use pokemon to battle other pokemon and get more pokemon. That's about what I know.

This is from 2014 so it's not up-to-date, but it should help you some.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rzSsgP1dqk

Thank you, we'll watch it later today. He knows that you battle and have to use your pokemon's moves, but I feel like there's more to it than that. Like the different elements need to be taken in to consideration, etc. Idk. I collected Pog's and X-Files memorabilia when I was a kid so I guess I just never got in to Pokemon, lol.

Oh, you mean starting from scratch. Yes, the type of pokemon used matters against the one you fight. For example, a water type is bad against a fire type.

I don't keep up with it, but there are a ton of strategy guides for which pokemon to use against the other and things like that. It will be different for which game version you have too as they add features.

I've never really played a pokemon game more then a few hours total but I like RPG's so I sometimes wonder about those games. The only advice I can really give you is check out the free online strategy guides because they save a lot of time.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    k9aj73dzfv9l.jpg
    Made it myself, Happy Halloween!
    My favorite holiday!
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    5wrb5phq928q.jpg
    Happy Halloween!!!
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Did you do it from scratch or have a premade design?
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    tumblr_ml9q3vbQMR1qbnwcyo8_400.gif
  • Timshel_
    Options
    carousel.jpg
  • Timshel_
    Options
    pool.gif
  • Timshel_
    Options
    42b0ee72-37ca-42d1-9235-4d47a7c7a99a.gif
  • Timshel_
    Options
    logan-s-run-remake-looking-for-female-lead-350099.jpg
  • CaptainFantastic00
    CaptainFantastic00 Posts: 4,619 Member
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »

This gif is a lie
  • Justtryingmfp
    Justtryingmfp Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm too shy to even sit at this table.
  • CaptainFantastic00
    Options

BRuh you just did welcome! What's your thing? Science? Math? Comics? Lord of the Rings? Lots of star wars here
  • Justtryingmfp
    Options

BRuh you just did welcome! What's your thing? Science? Math? Comics? Lord of the Rings? Lots of star wars here

Yes
  • CaptainFantastic00
    Options

Yes

I think i love you
  • Timshel_
    Options

This gif is a lie

Ughhh. WTF did they do to the Thor movies? They turned it into a drawn out series of one-line jokes. I was hopeful this would be the best yet, but dangit if they didn't muck it up!

It was okay, and I get the jokes were kinda cute and funny, but it was almost like every scene was made to setup the joke(s).

I give it 3 out of 5 stars, for an okay movie.

My hope now rests with Justice League.
  • CaptainFantastic00
    Options

This gif is a lie

Ughhh. WTF did they do to the Thor movies? They turned it into a drawn out series of one-line jokes. I was hopeful this would be the best yet, but dangit if they didn't muck it up!

It was okay, and I get the jokes were kinda cute and funny, but it was almost like every scene was made to setup the joke(s).

Dc can only go up from where it is, and thor 3 was better than thor 2
  • dinadyna21
    dinadyna21 Posts: 403 Member
    Options

This gif is a lie

Dc can only go up from where it is, and thor 3 was better than thor 2

Tbf I'd have watched The Room again before I watched Thor 2.
    I was nervous when I saw the trailer, even though I laughed it felt kinda weird to have so many jokes in the trailer. Then I saw the movie, on the plus side I didn't walk out of this one. 2 out of 5
    I'm very hard to please. :smile:
  • Justtryingmfp
    Options
    Anybody else excited for the Punisher on Netflix?
  • CaptainFantastic00
    Options
    Anybody else excited for the Punisher on Netflix?

Yesssssss!