Lunchtable for the nerdy (warning: only nerdy people allowed)

Replies

• Justtryingmfp
    Justtryingmfp Posts: 163 Member
    Is it possible to be sexually attracted to teaser/trailers?

Asking for a friend
  • CaptainFantastic00
    CaptainFantastic00 Posts: 4,619 Member
    Is it possible to be sexually attracted to teaser/trailers?

Asking for a friend

Yes the sexual orientation of advertsexual is aroused by tv trailers
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Anybody else excited for the Punisher on Netflix?

Yesssssss!
    ...especially after the letdown of "Iron Fist", but I had to watch that to prep for "The Defenders". "The Punisher" will hopefully bridge the gap until premier of "Daredevil" season 3.
  • CaptainFantastic00
    coolraul07 wrote: »

Yesssssss!
    ...especially after the letdown of "Iron Fist", but I had to watch that to prep for "The Defenders". "The Punisher" will hopefully bridge the gap until premier of "Daredevil" season 3.

I couldn't finish iron fist. It was great that they all made fun of the thundering dumb@ss in defemders
  • CaptainFantastic00
    kace_kay wrote: »

Yesssssss!

I couldn't finish iron fist. It was great that they all made fun of the thundering dumb@ss in defemders

You gotta try to finish it, boo!

No. I can't, turkey
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member

Yesssssss!

No. I can't, turkey

Only one nickname per person. That is the "rule".
  • CaptainFantastic00
    cee134 wrote: »

Yesssssss!

No. I can't, turkey

Only one nickname per person. That is the "rule".

In october, everyone was boo. In november everyone is Turkey, get with it stone man
  • YearOfTheDragonLeo
    YearOfTheDragonLeo Posts: 214 Member
    3bqurjwz7xr3.png
  • cee134
  • YearOfTheDragonLeo
    YearOfTheDragonLeo Posts: 214 Member
    cee134 wrote: »

rbqr7lksisgk.png
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Hey, I overheard this discussion at another table (not the cool people like us obviously) and they were talking about this app that tracks your walking in terms of walking to Mordor:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.walktomordor.wtm&hl=en
  • cee134
    A major movie influence for the New Star Wars.
    Twelve O'Clock High (1949)
  • cee134
    kenyonhaff wrote: »
    Hey, I overheard this discussion at another table (not the cool people like us obviously) and they were talking about this app that tracks your walking in terms of walking to Mordor:

why didn't they just fly the eagles to mordor?

Because the Eagles didn't want to do it.

Also:
    No one at the Council of Elrond suggested riding Eagles because (a) Eagles don’t take orders and (b) it would have drawn the attention of The Eye and insured disaster.
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member

Always an interesting question. The Eagles were under no obligation to do so, and they aren't beholden to Gandalf as if they were his personal army. It may just be they simply did not want to do so.
  • cee134
    edited November 2017

Always an interesting question. The Eagles were under no obligation to do so, and they aren't beholden to Gandalf as if they were his personal army. It may just be they simply did not want to do so.

Also they would of been spotted by Sauron's spies and attacked.

According toThe Silmarillion, Eagles are Maiar (lesser gods or angels) incarnated as large birds. (This goes against the canonically established fact that Eagles have offspring, but whatever.)

No matter what Eagles are, all sources agree they are servants of Manwë Súlimo, King of the Valar (greater gods or archangels), making them quite literally deus ex machina. The Eagles provide help when Manwë wishes them to do so, and only then.