I lost 10 pounds in 1 day last week. Bashers, line up...

Options

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    junodog1 wrote: »

.... None of this matters if you don't have accountability, .....

Your gaming the system wasn't weight loss. You just lied at your check-in. If you call that accountability then good for you.

That's what I'm thinking. Cheating isn't accountability. It's kind of the exact opposite of accountability. Accountability would have been wearing the gain.

If so, then every fighter who cuts for a weigh-in is also cheating, and thanks for calling me a liar. I was accountable to my goal. =o]

I'd say it is lying

Closer to that than honesty.
  • OpinionatedCyborg
    OpinionatedCyborg Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Coyla wrote: »
    I gained 10 lbs last week in one day, I swear. I hope I get a prize.

Seriously, though, I have a hard-to-avoid food allergy that leads to pounding headaches, swelling (not deadly as of yet), and water retention. I know everyone is jumping on the OP, but this gives me some ideas on how to drop water weight, especially when it gets so bad, it becomes painful.

Still, I suggest facing the music with weight gain. Ups and downs are normal. Unfortunately, most weight loss competitions are rife with this kind of stuff. People go on starvation diets or abuse water pills to get quicker results. It's why I'm not a fan of those kinds of things.

I spent 20 years facing the music when this close to a goal and choosing not to meet it. So little importance is placed on reaching a goal on a specific date, in deference to just putting it off.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    ccsernica wrote: »
    Now see, I'm in the opposite situation. The gym at work is running a "Maintain, Don't Gain" challenge through the holidays, where you weigh in in November and weigh out in January. You're eligible for a prize if you maintain or lose through the T-day, Xmas, and New Year holidays. It is therefore to my benefit to be as heavy as possible to weigh in this week. Not that I did it on purpose, but the mystery 5 lbs I added last week -- probably water weight related to my beginning weight training -- will come in handy here!

See, if I ever get into a contest, I'm going major carbs the week or 2 before weigh in, counting at my loss rate for the contest period but with a couple of weeks left, switching to low carbs. Always going by what my calorie goal is, but seeing how much I can move the scale with glycogen & water weight.

But just for *kitten* and giggles. Have no idea WTF is going on here.
  • VixxyLiss
    VixxyLiss Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what you thought would happen when you put up that post.

I guess you just wanted the attention, so you got it, you don't like the attention you got, learn from it and move on.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Yup you will gain the rest soon enough. Hope you don't plan on continuing to abuse laxatives and diuretics. Neither are good for your help and will over time cause the same issues you are trying to avoid
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!