I lost 10 pounds in 1 day last week. Bashers, line up...

Options

Replies

• OpinionatedCyborg
    OpinionatedCyborg Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    dinadyna21 wrote: »
    VixxyLiss wrote: »
    I'm not sure what you thought would happen when you put up that post.

I guess you just wanted the attention, so you got it, you don't like the attention you got, learn from it and move on.

I heard there were some vicious bashers around here. Is this all you got??

Ok I'm calling it, troll.

Wait, weren't you only here for the comments?
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Are you going to do this every weigh in so you won't have a gain next one?
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Before you call this "dangerous" let me remind you that working outside on a hot day you will lose more water weight than I did.

No you won't if you possess the intelligence and knowledge to know you need to maintain hydration when working outside on a hot day (as well as work/rest cycles but that's a whole 'nuther ball of wax) versus doing ones darnedest to become a heat stress/stroke victim.

I guess electrolyte deficiency and possible cardiac arrest is worth it to get a fake number on the scale.
  • OpinionatedCyborg
    Options
    JLG1986 wrote: »
    I'm sort of assuming that the entire point of this post is the joy of consequence free online conflict. You clearly know that MFPers won't look favorably on this style of "weight loss" but described your efforts in great detail regardless.

At the end of the day we can hem haw and fuss at you, but it's your body, your goals, and your choice - but I'm sorry your "accountability situation" has you under so much pressure you admit to planning to cheat your weigh in and then decided a day of water weight torture was a better way to go.

At best, you read half of my post, enough for a straw man.

Flock-obedience is irresistible, fine, but it's looking like many posters equate a steam bath to pill-diets. What level of shame do you foist on gastric surgery? There are many of those here too. Read full post before you claw your way to the rockpile. And stop wearing makeup if lying to yourself is wrong.
  • DeviatedNorm
    DeviatedNorm Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    What's the benefit in losing water weight aside from having the scale read a lower number?
  • marelthu
    marelthu Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Last week I had a scheduled check-in. I am not just doing MFP by the power of my own will, I have an accountability situation set up, with check-in's. Being sick for a week, then throwing out my back, I knew all month I would miss this one, and the stress was accumulating. By check in time, I was 9 pounds over. My plan was to put my hand on the bathroom sink and lift 9 pounds off the scale for my photo, i.e., cheat, but that put even more stress on me.

I searched for alternatives to cheating. blah, blah, blah...

So you searched for an alternative to cheating & then settled on cheating anyhow(an admission by yourself in later posts).
    WooF'nhoo...
    So you obtained nothing useful other than a number. Congrats on playing a numbers game. I only commented because I wasted my *kitten* time to read such asinine drivel & thought it worthy of being pointed out as such.
    Perhaps you were looking for myCHEATINGpal instead of myFITNESSpal.
    Also, I find it hilarious that you yourself threw the word liar out there in reference to what you were doing instead f the word cheating that was actually used. That alone speaks volumes about how you yourself actually perceive this & how hokey this whole post was. Congrats on calling yourself out there.

You seem like you just wanted attention, congrats you got attention. I don' think it was the kind you wanted though.

I could have sworn that I was in the Success Stories section. I don't think anyone here thinks this was a success other than you.

You win "triggeriest" reply! Me steaming off a few pounds to reach my goal may not be what triggered you. I think you saw the flock and knew you would get upvotes. I did what I did to be different from the masses who neither put dates on goals, nor set them in the first place. I hope you see the correlation to how many people quit and gain back again.

As far as lying to oneself, anyone who wears makeup is lying in a way, lol. Do you make payments on a car that you couldn't afford outright? That's a form of lying.

=o]

For most people is a way of enhancing ones looks, not hiding.
  • mca90guitar
    mca90guitar Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Think it's dumb having to do it for fighting sports, esp since on fight night they weigh alot more then weigh in day.
  • OpinionatedCyborg
    Options
    ituakalau wrote: »
    Um, I know of many professional sports people who, if you call it "cheat"...to be able to participate in competitions so why is everyone so critical of someone else's "study of one"?

Doing something dangerous just to see a false number on the scale when there is basicallynnothing at stake is pretty dumb

Nothing at stake, how do you know?

I realize the flock must be obeyed and followed at all cost, but a goal with a date is a big deal to some people. Even though I fell behind, I didn't want to miss my goal. Steaming off some pounds so the scale read that I met my goal was important to me, and the "success" actually helped me lose 3 legit pounds since then.
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!