Halo Top...how the heck do they do it???

Replies

• emarilynmead216
    emarilynmead216 Posts: 11 Member
    GUYS. It's on sale at Whole Foods this week!! Just FYI :)
  • ChristinaaH84
    ChristinaaH84 Posts: 27 Member
    The stuff is gross and expensive and artificial sweetener is horrible for you. Eat some real ice cream and exercise.
  • pmyn29
    pmyn29 Posts: 130 Member
    The stuff is gross and expensive and artificial sweetener is horrible for you. Eat some real ice cream and exercise.

Halo top uses erythritol, which was shown clinically to be safe for consumption at high dose and frequency (daily). Like anything it's fine in moderation. So I say eat halo top and exercise. ☺️
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Yeah halo top and exercise and you could lose even MORE weight- who would n't want to do that- finally our store got it- and I am so happy
  • brdnw
    brdnw Posts: 565 Member
    somehow at my friends kroger they were on sale for 1$ a piece. so 35 pints later, this happened:
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    edited July 2017
    There are rebates on ibotta for halo top, Enlightened and arctic frost.
  • domeofstars
    domeofstars Posts: 480 Member
    @Christine_72 well i am sitting here eating halo top ice cream for the first time. Birthday Cake flavour was the only one they had left. Its pretty nice! Don't know if i will make it a regular purchase though considering one tub is $10! But I will still try each flavour out of curiousity once.

Thanks for the update :smile: I didnt think much of the Birthday Cake flavour, it tasted like plain vanilla ice cream to me, a tad boring. I'm sticking with chocolate until they bring the peanut butter cup flavour here, hopefully one day..

@Christine_72 i am seeing halo ice cream in more and more shops! Its exciting. Tried the mint chip and chocolate too. I have a tip for you: at one point, I ate some of the halo top chocolate ice cream when it was slightly melted and to me it tasted EXACTLY like Soleil chocolate diet mousse. So if you like the chocolate halo top ice cream i think you will like the soleil diet mousse too and its much cheaper.
    Though I did see the halo top ice cream on sale for $7 at Woolworths the other week which I thought was pretty good.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Lizarking wrote: »
    It's ice and artifical sweetener and hobo sweat, I think.

tumblr_lz5ia86DVz1qdeocv.gif
  • MaddMaestro
    MaddMaestro Posts: 405 Member
    Tried it.. didn't like it. Then, I just ate it as a low-cal alternative, but I wouldn't recommend it as an ice cream substitute. Just buy ice cream.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member

You sound delightful.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    I've been a fan of the salted caramel but I bought a peanut butter cup yesterday and omg yas. I left it in my car accidentally for a half hour and now I get why it says to let it thaw a lot before eating. Holy crap it was good. Ate the whole thing. No ragrets.
  • leanitup123
    leanitup123 Posts: 489 Member

You sound delightful.

:D:D:D
  • leanitup123
    leanitup123 Posts: 489 Member
    I've been a fan of the salted caramel but I bought a peanut butter cup yesterday and omg yas. I left it in my car accidentally for a half hour and now I get why it says to let it thaw a lot before eating. Holy crap it was good. Ate the whole thing. No ragrets.

The PB Cup tastes legit like a malt cup with Reese's PB swirl. LOVE.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    kavahni wrote: »
    It is interesting to me, how many of you say that you buy a pint and then you eat the entire thing. The most prominent sweetener in this is erythritol. It is not really good stuff. And, one of the bad things about it, is that it keeps your brain from registering satiation, so you just keep eating it. It is also known to cause gastric problems like diarrhea constipation and bloating, and also can cause headaches. Just be cautious, OK?

I've never eaten a whole pint at once, the $12 price tag per tub stops that.. Plus 200g is pleny enough for me.

As for the stomach issues. I have a cast iron gut, nothing gives me a dodgy tummy.

https://www.amazon.com/Albanese-Candy-Sugar-Butterflies-5-pound/dp/B004G94ZPC/ref=sr_1_4/145-3687318-4232325?ie=UTF8&qid=1499549859&sr=8-4&keywords=sugar+free+gummy+bears#customerReviews
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    kavahni wrote: »
    It is interesting to me, how many of you say that you buy a pint and then you eat the entire thing. The most prominent sweetener in this is erythritol. It is not really good stuff. And, one of the bad things about it, is that it keeps your brain from registering satiation, so you just keep eating it. It is also known to cause gastric problems like diarrhea constipation and bloating, and also can cause headaches. Just be cautious, OK?

I've never eaten a whole pint at once, the $12 price tag per tub stops that.. Plus 200g is pleny enough for me.

As for the stomach issues. I have a cast iron gut, nothing gives me a dodgy tummy.

https://www.amazon.com/Albanese-Candy-Sugar-Butterflies-5-pound/dp/B004G94ZPC/ref=sr_1_4/145-3687318-4232325?ie=UTF8&qid=1499549859&sr=8-4&keywords=sugar+free+gummy+bears#customerReviews

Haha these might be the exception... I don't think even the sturdiest of stomachs would come out unscathed after eating those things. I certainly wont be putting them to the test :worried:
  • Lynzdee18
    Lynzdee18 Posts: 500 Member
    Just purchased three pints today.

I should have checked this thread first. I would have looked for Oatmeal cookie.

In my freezer sits Red Velvet, Birthday Cake and Cinnamon Roll. It was soooo hard to choose. I wanted the Salted Caramel... well dang it, I wanted to try them all!

Sadly, I had extra Couscous for dinner and have no calories left and it’s too late to go for a run to earn more. Thankfully though, I’m satisfied by dinner....
  • OkChargerFan
    OkChargerFan Posts: 371 Member
    Cookie Dough! Hands down!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    I just bought a tub of the smores flavour, and it had melted just enough by the time i got home to try a perfect teaspoon full (i had to know what to look forward to for dessert tonight). And it was bloody delicious!
    I don't know how it compares to actual smores though?? Being in Australia, they arent a thing here.
  • tirowow12385
    tirowow12385 Posts: 698 Member
    I tried Halo Top for the first time, it was okay, paid $6 for 300 calories just to find out if it was worth it, I think 300 calories of regular ice cream ( about a cupful) is more economical, taste better and makes more sense to consume.
  • OHammykins
    OHammykins Posts: 98 Member
    I like Halo but it can taste and look a little artificial at times, Breyers Delights is my favourite brand!