Is "Clear American" Flavored Sparkling Water too good to be

Options

Replies

• becalm
    becalm Posts: 31
    Options
    try strawberry watermelon! soooo good, my addiction!!
  • CarolinkaCjj
    CarolinkaCjj Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Nonsense^^^^^and hyperbole.

Personally, I find it too sweet. More importantly (at least to me), I don't shop at Walmart and don't support them not paying their employees a living wage.

I admire your willingness to listen and get feedback. Whatever you decide, good luck!
    And this is why I love you.

These posts give me hope for the future. MFP, the place on the web where folks actually look things up and read original research. :flowerforyou:
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Love the stuff. I also drink Refreshe (Safeway) sparkling flavored water as well. Same ingredients.
    Frys/Krogers stuff has sodium in it so it's not my first choice. Only way I get my water intake in, if it kills me, so be it.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    More importantly (at least to me), I don't shop at Walmart and don't support them not paying their employees a living wage.
    ^^^Nonsense and hyperbole.
  • amaysngrace
    amaysngrace Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    I drunk Crystal Light to wean myself off soda, now I'm doing straight water, with Crystal Light occasionally mixed with sparkling water. Do what you gotta do. Genetics determines how long you live, not what you eat. Do what makes you happy and what gets progress going! Don't worry about the rest.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    More importantly (at least to me), I don't shop at Walmart and don't support them not paying their employees a living wage.
    ^^^Nonsense and hyperbole.

What is nonsense about not supporting a multi-billion dollar corporation when the majority of their employees are on some type of government assistance to make ends meet or have to work 2 or 3 jobs.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    Great! Buy from a dollar store or Target or Safeway! Keep adding ways to make yourself feel good about cutting calories! Meanwhile, millions of people will choose Walmart.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    I, too, admire your willingness to consider actual scientific evidence.

Here's irrefutable proof that you don't have to drink *only plain water* to be adequately hydrated: babies. Not only can they survive for months on end on nothing but milk from their mother's teat, they are undergoing the most drastic growth and development stage of their lives. In the case of humans, their brains are becoming the extraordinarily complex and sophisticated system that led to the invention of space travel, the wheel, and yes, even Nutrasweet.

oavvz.jpg
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    according to my doctor the only real possible danger to aspartame is that it might trigger cravings for real sugar in some people.

i drink diet soda and flavored water from cvs and whatever the brand they sell at lucky (m love the apricot peach) and i havent had any strange cravings for actual sugar

with that said, i do also enjoy the taste of real unflavored cold delicious water too
  • dwilliamca
    dwilliamca Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Personally I prefer the taste of sucralose to aspartame, but I'm sure drinking one or two artificially sweetened drinks a day isn't going to kill anyone. I mix Sparkling Ice with unsweetened sparkling water to dilute out some of the over-kill on sweetness that comes with all artificial sugars.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    This may take the cake for strangest zombie bump ever

Oh wait, diabetics can’t have cake

It is a doozy.
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    Diet Rite Pure Zero does the same thing. For these they use potassium instead of sodium to flavor the water, that and aspartame.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    xvolution wrote: »
    Diet Rite Pure Zero does the same thing. For these they use potassium instead of sodium to flavor the water, that and aspartame.

Have you ever tasted potassium straight? Disgusting
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    xvolution wrote: »

Have you ever tasted potassium straight? Disgusting

I have, and I agree. Too metallic for my tastes. Yet they use it all the time in salt substitutes.