Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Replies

• gymprincess1234
    gymprincess1234 Posts: 493 Member
    I find it very challenging to lose fat whilst living with someone else. I have trouble dealing with my food, not to mention watching or being able to smell someone else's meals.

Made it through today on 1349kcal , success! B)
  • anneh1021
    anneh1021 Posts: 4 Member
    Hi everyone! I’m looking for some support and motivation as well! This is such a mental game for me, but I am determined to make lasting habits!
  • gymprincess1234
    anneh1021, welcome!

Morning everyone! Day 3 of being back in the deficit, woohoo! I mentally feel I'm finally back in the mindset! Plus, the not buying new food is making me eat healthier as well. :)
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    @Evamutt It's so great that your hubby is on board with healthy eating! I know how you feel. I've been told I look small and fit, but especially since I'm still considered overweight on the BMI scale I have a hard time wrapping my head around that.

@gymprincess1234 Wow that's quite the self control! Although now that I think about it, when I was in grad school I did something similar. Not quite to that level of detail, but I just bought what I needed for that week and nothing more since I couldn't afford it. I ate a LOT of peanut butter sandwiches, pizza, and $1 frozen meals in grad school and still managed to lose 30lbs. It just goes to show it's all about intake level.

Welcome @anneh1021!

I can't believe it's already Monday. I thought I was going to have a lot of extra time on my hands this weekend but that did not end up being the case! Friday night we had friends over and were up well past midnight. We had so much fun! Saturday I didn't wake up until 9:30. Who am I?!?! That literally never happens. I ran errands, grocery shopped, and started food prepping and then it was time to pick up my "new" kitchen table. We also used the truck to pick up a ladder and other things we needed around that house. By the time we were done running around it was 7o'clock! Where did that day go?! Sunday I ended up cleaning the house for over 5 hours and sewed on some straps for our bench covers so the dog couldn't knock them off as he is apt to do. We also listed all of our banged up furniture online and we were shocked that people actually wanted it! It helps we live in a college town, but we unloaded a lot of junk! I got some reading in, but not as much as I had planned on.

I am a little disappointed in myself that I didn't make time to workout or even go for a walk. I was just so busy doing stuff I had to do that when I did finally have down time I had no interest doing anything else. Plus, its finally gotten COLD in MN :( I'm starting to get really concerned since my eating habits and exercise have tanked since we got the new house that I'm falling into bad habits. I woke up early this morning to get a workout in and I prepped healthy food again but I feel like I said that the last 2 weeks and it still went to crap!

I was also originally planning on not buying a tree until after Christmas during clearance season...but I really REALLY want one and I found a decent one for $100. I may just cave and get it. Sigh...I'm not doing well on being healthy or sticking to my budget right now. I hope it's just because of the transition adding a lot to our plates and that it doesn't constitute a new habit trend :(
  • gymprincess1234
    I did look at my bank balance last month and counted that I spend way too much on food. As I don't buy clothes or other stuff, cause I have to fit my life in 2 suitcases and I don't want to buy more than just basics till I lose at least 1 more dress size, I have been rewarding myself with a lot of food and a lot of expensive food, totally not what my student wallet should be buying.

So far the strategy is working. I have stuck to the kcal and not even logged the walking I'm doing so I'm not tempted to eat workout calories. I only bought zero Coca Cola today, cause I had a very bad and stressful day, I knew I would overeat or buy something on my way home, so better drink that. I can't drink more than 2 glasses any ways, cause my teeth get sensitive or I'm just afraid to get acid reflux and gastritis again ( which I'm 4 months free already! :) )

By the way, as I'm moving to your side of the pond in 8 weeks, when does USA do winter sales? Or is it just boxing day and nothing more in January? I want to go to some of the Seattle outlets as that's the closest to Vancouver.
  • Rachel0778
    @gymprincess1234 I have no idea what Canada does but it in US it's almost constant sales. In 8 weeks, the after the holiday sales will still be huge, I imagine it's likely similar in Canada :)

One of my SO's coworkers has a tree we can have, YES!!! At least my financial budget is saved even though my food budget from this weekend was rough. I stuck to my guns yesterday, got out for a walk in the snow, and didn't overeat. This morning I voted (MAKE SURE YOU VOTE LOCAL U.S. FRIENDS!), got a long dog walk in, and am looking forward to crossfit tonight. Happy Voting Day!
  • gymprincess1234
    edited November 2017
    Snow! Where in the US do you live @Rachel0778 ? I can't wait to go home for Christmas, it's always snowing :) Btw, I love how extra you Americans are about all holidays :D

I'm starting gym from next week, France has got too cold for my hikes and I have no luggage space to buy warmer layers. Can't wait to burn the uni stress and some extra calories!

• Bustass2016
    Bustass2016 Posts: 6 Member
    I'd like to join too. Sometimes I lose my motivation and don't log on for awhile.
  • gymprincess1234
    edited November 2017
    @Bustass2016 I lost mine as the journey seemed to be so slow and long, but then got back on here, back on logging, wrote a list of reasons why I started and how I want my body and health to be, and voila, I'm back on track and motivated as on day 1! You can do this!

Hello!
    It's so quiet here this week, and I'm so back on the obsessive mission to reach GW by Christmas, that all I want to do is talk weight loss and fitness all day! :D
    It's day 5, 44 more to go. I feel leaner, proud that I've stuck to kcal limit, haven't bought any extra food for a week! That's very impressive for me and my bank balance is thanking me. :smile: Measured myself today, but it's too soon for the cm to shift, so I'll just keep patient.
    I have another strategy, I converted my 7kg into calories (24500kcal) and at the end of every day I write in a table how many are there left to burn. This way, as I don't have a scale, once I go down every 3500kcal, I know I've lost 1kg. :) For each kg I'm rewarding myself with a gift. The first one is the over the knee boots I've been looking at for about a month. Don't really need them, but it was a NSV to be able to put them on, so it's more of a reminder that if you really want to do something, and you hustle, you can get it.
  • Rachel0778
    Welcome @ bustass2016!

@gymprincess1234 I'm in Minnesota, so I'll be your just to the south neighbor :) I agree that it is really quiet here this week!

So I have a post-Halloween party this weekend and I was all set and ready to go with my costume. And then...my friends reached out wanting to do a group costume last minute. They all want us to dress up as a different Brittney Spears music video. And they nominated me to the "Slave for You" VMA Brittney. Seriously, take one look at that barely there midriff baring costume. *kitten*!

I am not in midriff bearing shape, nor have I ever been. I don't want to be the only one not participating in the group costume, but I can't even begin to describe how not comfortable I am in that little amount of clothes. I'm bringing a suit as a backup to maybe be "Me Against the Music" Britney for when the first costume doesn't work. *Sigh* Why can't I just be the completely covered not at all sexy Stay Puff Marshmallow Man like I originally planned? This is going to suck....
  • gymprincess1234
    hahha Looked up the costume , I would just pick something myself!
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,628 Member
    I'm so excited. this morning when I weighed I'm 149.6! I was 150-152 in the mornings for about 2 months & never thought I'd lose anymore. I was 150 20yrs ago. So it's possible, don't anyone lose hope, steady prodding is the way to go!Rachel0778, my rescue sends little dogs to Minnesota regularly, I heard there's a shortage of small dogs there. I'm in California, central valley. It doesn't snow & our version of a cold winter is when it gets down to the 50's during the day & 30's at night. I love the winter. I'm always so hot. I go to bed in a light night gown with 2 lite blankets & after a few minutes I have to take one blanket off. During the middle of the night I get so hot i have to get up & change into my summer night wear which consists of just underwear & sports bra. I've always been hot, even in my 20's. My normal body temp is in the 97's maybe that's why. Today is my work day taking care of a disabled lady. I take her to Bible study & that takes up most of my time with her. On Sunday afternoons I take her to the 99cent store & each time I of course stop at a fast food place for her. Yesterday I roasted a turkey. I love turkey. I'm going to take her some. She loves home cooked foods. It's a 12 lb turkey so me, hubby & the dogs are going to be eating it for a few days lol. I also made a variety of winter squash. I'm obsessed to take my dogs out every day so I'd better get going, have a good day everyone
  • gymprincess1234
    @Evamutt That's amazing, know the feeling of seeing an unseen or long forgotten number on the scale! I'm feeling second hand excitement for you! :) Hope I can say the same once I get home on my scale in 6 weeks!

I have successfully done 1349kcal or a little bit less plus haven't eaten any exercise calories for 5 days, woohoo! Only I don't know if it's cause I'm a bit stressed at the minute or the diet coca cola, or caloric deficit, but all these nights I'm having such vivid nightmares, feeling very tired of it, and also very cold and head hurts in the evenings. Maybe it's just my body being shocked, like 'say whaat, you're doing this to me again?!' haha
  • Evamutt
    I'm excited for you gymprincess
  • mama1971
    mama1971 Posts: 5 Member
    Hello there! I'd love to be apart of this group! I need that little extra push to keep motivated and finally reach my goal. I've lost roughly 40pounds but have fun that I'm a lil stuck and have gained and ate horrible the last few days. I work all the time and I'm tired! I use the fitness pal and that helps a lot to stay under my calorie intake- but I'm at a stand still. I know I need to work out more but what and how do you do it when you're tired ask the time.
  • gymprincess1234
    @mama1971 For me it only takes 1 gym session or another activity to remember how endorphins felt and working out generates new energy. Just find a class or sport that excites you so much, you would go there even if it didn't burn any calories.

Good morning!
    Day 6 of my Christmas challenge! I've started pre tracking and planning out my meals the evening before. Really works, I have to think about food even less now. :)
  • Rachel0778
    @Evamutt Congrats!!!! That is a huge accomplishment! And MN does get a lot of dogs in from other states since we have such a high population of adopters :)

@violinqueen21 Doing the same exercise or same exercise class can lead to plateaus. If you feel like you've hit one, it sounds like it's time to try out a new class or mix up your exercise routine.

@mama1971 Welcome!! As far as exercise goes, you'll notice that your fatigue lessens once it's a part of your routine. I wake up early every morning to get mine in so that way I have no excuses for not getting it done. It helps to energize me for the day.

@gymprincess1234 Your body is giving you pretty solid symptoms that you may be under eating for your activity level. 1349 is likely below your BMR which is partially why your body is freaking out

Happy Thursday! I've got a 13 hour workday ahead of me (ugh) so I got my workout in at 6am today. It was only 19 degrees when I woke up so I stayed inside and did a Beach Body streaming workout. Seriously, those are no joke! I am sore!

Yesterday it was slightly warmer so I actually got out and got a run in. I only went about 4.5 miles but it was nice working out outside while I can.

• gymprincess1234
    1349kcal is what LifeSum gives me in order to have 500kcal deficit/day. I don't track my walking/working out, so I don't eat anything extra, but that's the only way I actually lose weight. When I ate 1349+workout calories, I would lose only like 1kg per month, that's too slow for me, I get discouraged when I don't see progress, especially now when I've been losing and maintaining and struggling for 1 year next week.
  • gymprincess1234
    1 week done! So proud I stuck to my goal! 6 more to go :) Wish I had a scale, but will be fun to step on it at Christmas to see if I actually lost the 7kg (now 6kg left! ) :smile:
    Very happy that my skin has cleared up so much, as I've been eating low fat, no processed foods and way more veggies.
    After I stopped Zero Coca Cola, the nightmares stopped too lol Guess it was the caffeine, cause I never drink coffee or tea.
  • Evamutt
    Welcome mama1971, meant to post yesterday but I was too tired to post lol.I'm a medium energy person & I'm tired a lot too. I take my 6 dogs out every morning for 1hr +, either dog park or walk but that's part of my "light activity" & don't count it. take heart, the scale didn't move for nearly 2 months for me until 3 days ago, of course, I didn't change too many things either since I have only 10 more lbs to lose & ate at more of a deficit than now for almost a year so have been eating at 1500-1600 cal/day Gymprincess, way to go, it's great when we discover ways to improve our lives, good things always take effort. Harder some days than others for me.
    I'm so wiped out today, like I said, I'm not a high energy person although I do stay active. Yesterday I did't have to care for my grand dtr after all, so I went to our animal rescue at 2. Who ever can ,takes some of the dogs for walks every morning(I'm with MY dogs in the mornings so I don't go) yesterday they decided for a walk at 3pm instead due to the cold morning. We walked for 1 1/2 hrs! my legs are so sore today. I did some intermittent jogging with the dog I took too. I'm not planing to do much today. After I take my dogs out & do a little cleaning, I'm going to the animal rescue for a few hours then my hubby requested I make some vegetarian lasagna for him, I'm not having any so I'm making a smaller portion of it. Have a good friday everyone