I don't care that your fat and at the gym because what I'm REALLY thinking is...

kenyonhaff
kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
edited November 2017 in Fitness and Exercise
Hey, you, gym newbie! Yeah, you...we know you're a little nervous doing this. It's OK.

But you can stop worrying that any of us are really thinking about your weight because in our heads while we're there we're thinking...

(OK MFPers, this is where you reply with inspiring quotes and silly GIFS)

Replies

• thunderztormdk
    thunderztormdk Posts: 51 Member
    I'm still a newbie at the gym, so my primary thought is on myself, my form and "am I doing this right". And then, half way through my second set, my thoughts are all "get this *kitten* moving ONE MORE TIME"...
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    I am thinking how bad my shoulders hurt and trying not to injure myself, again.
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »
    There are other people at the gym?????

^Exactly.
  • questionfear
    questionfear Posts: 527 Member
    Most of the time I'm thinking along the lines of "don't drop the plate on your foot, don't drop the plate on your foot..."
  • Lizakabibbis
    Lizakabibbis Posts: 370 Member
    I'm thinking - do not run off this treadmill, do not trip off the elliptical, and for the love of all things holy why do I constantly forget my weight lifting gloves. These calluses on my hands are not sexy....

I seriously do not give anyone a second thought while I'm in the gym. I'm there for me. Whether you are in amazing shape or just starting....I DO NOT CARE! lol
  • JennyRATL
    JennyRATL Posts: 199 Member
    I usually *am* the newbie....and am nervous I look like a newbie. And I see women with their "routine" without papers or a phone plan and I wonder how to get to that point rather than feeling like I'm wandering around aimlessly.

But when I do see someone who looks new to fitness or wellness, I think, "Way to go! Don't feel bad or embarrassed, because You. Are. Doing. Something!!!"
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Is the pool empty today, I really don’t want to share a lap lane.

Seriously even though everyone’s in swimsuits in the pool I don’t think I even notice them other as bodies who might be in my lane.
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Zeuggma wrote: »
    I'm thinkin' "Are those my muscles? Why is everything so heavy? Damn, that one guy is hella strong."

When I see a new gym-goer or someone overweight I think "Good for them! I was there too. Should I say something? I hope they stick with it."

I like you!