Slender Sisters <3 Introduction Thread (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• SLIM195
    SLIM195 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Okay, I have it. Thank you, Anita.
  • chrissypops
    chrissypops Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    What day are we weighing in ladies? xx
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    do we keep refering to this thread ?? I'm not sure how the group works...I've never been in one on MFP. I'd like one of those cool Slender Sisters tags like some girls have...sorry for the stupid questions!! :laugh:
  • SLIM195
    Options
    Hi! Audra

Type in the following on your signature line:

2yl0od0.jpg

I'll send you a messege because it copy the signature line again.
  • asiavenetia
    asiavenetia Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone =)

Name (what you would like to be called, could be username or a nickname): Asia

Three words that describe you: Observant, supportive, thoughtful

Family situation: Married x 11 yrs with 3 amazing kids (13, 10, 17)

Why do you want to lose weight?: I want to TOSS these darn BP meds! And I want to be healthy.

Have you tried losing weight before?: Have I! Every year, every bithday, every New Years, every trip/ vacatiion...pretty much ALL the time!

Current Weight: 304

How much you want to lose: at least 100 pounds.

What is your top tip for everyone out there?: The thing thats working for me this time (4 weeks in) I have adopted the lifestyle change mentality. We have to burn some calories MOST days. We have to drink our water EVERYDAY. We have to indulge a little SOMETIMES. Nothing is eliminated (unless its a trigger) just work it in your plan. And most importantly if you have a bad day- dont let it ruin weeks or months of hard work!
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    checking to see if my signature pic worked!!

and that would be a YES!!
  • sweetsapphire85
    Options
    I usually weigh on Fridays, that way I know how much wiggle room I have for the weekend to eat for social outings and I have the whole week to take it off before the next weeks weigh in (meaning i have 5 work days that i tend to usually be more dedicated to eating and exercising diligently).

When do you all weigh in usually?
  • Erica92627
    Erica92627 Posts: 576
    Options
    Name (what you would like to be called, could be username or a nickname): Erica or "E" as most of my friends call me.
    Three words that describe you:
    Family situation:
    Why do you want to lose weight?
    Have you tried losing weight before?
    : Current Weight: 165
    How much you want to lose: 30 pounds
    What is your top tip for everyone out there?:

This is my third time trying to post this, im sorry if it actually posts that many times. I,will edit this post when I get to a computer.
  • ohchansey
    ohchansey Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Any day for weigh in works for me :) I usually check my weight every morning. The fluctuations stress me out a lot, but it makes me feel more in control of my day as far as food goes.
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Ellen, I hope you don't mind that I made a short skinny version of the banner to use...if you want me to go back to the other one, that is fine, just let me know. Anyone else is welcome to use it too, I thought it would be good to have 2 size options for it. Hope that's ok!
  • angelacasey736
    angelacasey736 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Ellen, I hope you don't mind that I made a short skinny version of the banner to use...if you want me to go back to the other one, that is fine, just let me know. Anyone else is welcome to use it too, I thought it would be good to have 2 size options for it. Hope that's ok!
    How do you get the smaller version?
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options

use the [ img ] and [ img/ ] tags with this link:

http://i960.photobucket.com/albums/ae87/emilymoss/photoshops/banner.jpg
  • angelacasey736
    angelacasey736 Posts: 249 Member
    Options

use the [ img ] and [ img/ ] tags with this link:

http://i960.photobucket.com/albums/ae87/emilymoss/photoshops/banner.jpg

Got it - thanks :-)
  • Erica92627
    Options
    Re skinny banner, that is really cool. I noticed that it is a photobucket link.. Some sites don't like linking because it uses a lot of bandwidth... When this happens pics may appear with a red x in the left corner, meaning that the pic is disabled temp. It may not happen right away, or at all.. But just a thought if you do decide to go skinny with banner it won't come as a surprise if it doesn't appear. :)
  • Jeffnjo
    Jeffnjo Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Name (what you would like to be called, could be username or a nickname): Stacy

Three words that describe you: Crafty Fun Sassy
    Family situation: Married
    Why do you want to lose weight?: To be healthy and stop taking blood pressure medicine
    Have you tried losing weight before?: Yes many many times!! I did the best on weight watchers but gained most of it back. I am loving mfp because I can use it from my phone and not track points, this website is easier to navigate.
    Current Weight: 170
    How much you want to lose: 30-40 pounds
    What is your top tip for everyone out there?: Keeping track of what you are eating & being honest.
  • Erica92627
    Options
    Re skinny banner, that is really cool. I noticed that it is a photobucket link.. Some sites don't like linking because it uses a lot of bandwidth... When this happens pics may appear with a red x in the left corner, meaning that the pic is disabled temp. It may not happen right away, or at all.. But just a thought if you do decide to go skinny with banner it won't come as a surprise if it doesn't appear. :)
  • elliej3
    elliej3 Posts: 29
    Options
    I LOVE the banner guys, i might change mine myself ;) Thank you so much, well done!
    Also i was thinking our weigh in day could be Thursday (Tomorrow!) so get your scales ready girlies, i want to see some numbers! This can count as our first official weigh in and from them on i will create a separate thread with a little chart to keep track of all of our loss. I'm so happy this is coming together so well!
  • Erica92627
    Options
    I like thursday as weigh in. before the weekend. :) are we going to weigh once a week?
  • sweetsapphire85
    Options
    Thursdays work too (I am one of those weigh every morning people, I KNOW i shouldn't but it keeps me on track) I also have an excel sheet I record on every day so I can see how my fluctuations go every week so I don't get bummed out if it goes up on a Saturday morning after eating out the night before etc.

I'm hoping to see a good number tomorrow, TOM always messes mine numbers up a bit so I'm hoping it'll drop a bit more tomorrow since it's been a day or so. (Does anyone not weigh during their TOM- I know some people stay away from the scale that whole week so if that's the case would it mess up anything?)

You said we will post those numbers on a separate forum? However you want to work it is fine as long as I can find it.

Meg
  • SLIM195
    Options
    Yes, Thursday's will be fine to weigh-in with me.