I don't care that your fat and at the gym because what I'm REALLY thinking is...

Options

Replies

• RunStart34
    RunStart34 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    The only time I will notice you is if you were on the stair master long... "dang it, got to wait" but I would then go and find something else. Usually I would get distracted with some other machine and forget entirely.
  • Dazzler21
    Dazzler21 Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Well done, I am really pleased for you.
  • rae1721
    rae1721 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Thinking to myself ....." ugh I know you can see my panties through my yoga pants ...hope everyone likes my cute lil penguins on my boootay as much as I do ;-).....whooooosh happy it's not leg day, one more rep and I should go up on my weights"

Thinking on the newb..." you got this....we all gotta start somewhere, just get in do your thang and pat yourself on the back and leave feeling amazing "

Honestly I'm kinda in my own world at the gym ....throw my earbuds in and just do my thing.
  • suzettedees
    suzettedees Posts: 85 Member
    Options

JennyRATL wrote: »
    I usually *am* the newbie....and am nervous I look like a newbie. And I see women with their "routine" without papers or a phone plan and I wonder how to get to that point rather than feeling like I'm wandering around aimlessly.

But when I do see someone who looks new to fitness or wellness, I think, "Way to go! Don't feel bad or embarrassed, because You. Are. Doing. Something!!!"

We’ve all been the newbie at one point in time and have felt scared, insecure and self conscious. I’m too busy trying to perfect my imperfectly perfect form but I’ve learned that most people are helpful. If you are following a program and carry it around with you, good for you. It will keep you on track.
  • PWRLFTR1
    PWRLFTR1 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I'm usually thinking one of two things, 1. Who's on my deadlift platform/squat rack/bench? or 2. What moron didn't unrack my deadlift platform/squat rack/bench.

I'm a simple girl.
  • purplefizzy
    purplefizzy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    'Stay. in. This. Interval. If you survive this interval, you can quit. Be here - you've done this before. Just get to the buzzer.
    Where the *kitten* is that buzzer?'
  • IronDogJourney
    IronDogJourney Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I’m usually thinking two things.... damn that girl is hot! And why do these mirrors mess with me!?
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    ....if you are a lady and thinking of wearing tights: make sure that if you bend over they don't disappear.
    ...if your an old guy please do not spread your bum cheeks in front of the hand dryer.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    ...I was just like you years ago.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    "good for you for getting your kitten in here!"
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I think you're working hard and deserve mad respect just for being there. I hope to see your face every day!

Also I'm thinking @ everyone in the gym: "please no one talk to me please no one talk to me" lol
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    Well, I usually go to the gym at 5:30-6am. I am usually only thinking about my my bed. Oh, and coffee.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I've been going to my gym for 6-7 months now, my first gym membership - I was self conscious at first but now I feel free to just unapologetically check myself out in the mirrors all day, and it's what everyone else there was doing the day I showed up too :smile:
  • Treuthiness
    Treuthiness Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking "awesome! Keep it up!"