Cold cereal lovers

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    dsboohead wrote: »

My favourites are cheerios and sultana bran. We only have the plain or honey versions of cheerios here in Australia, i would go nutso over all the different flavours the US has available!!!

@dsboohead here is a pic of sultana bran.
    (Aussie version)

f183r46tyst3.jpg

Sultana bran is just raisin bran? So....you don't have raisins but sultanas?

I guess so. We don't have any products called raisin bran here. Same thing different name, by the sounds of things.

• J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Love cereal. In no particular order...

Honey Nut Cheerios
    Honey Comb
    Captain Crunch
    Raisin Bran
    Rice Crispies
    Kashi Crunch
  • jeaninesteam1
    jeaninesteam1 Posts: 42 Member
    katadx wrote: »
    Frosted mini wheats. And Chocolate peanut butter cheerios is amazeballs!

Do they taste like reese's puffs? I was tempted to get the but i picked another cereal because I figured they'd taste just like reese's puffs.

I think they're better...
  • DanielleFayeS
    DanielleFayeS Posts: 1,959 Member
    Oh man, I buy waaaay too much cereal. I like a good classic Cheerios with fresh banana slices. Honey Bunches of Oats. Corn Pops. Did you know Oreo Os were back? I had to buy a big box of those. Frosted Mini Wheats. Cracklin' Oat Bran but I hardly ever buy it because it never goes on sale.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Cereal is not my favorite, EXCEPT-- pumpkin Cheerios sounded good so I bought some. A few days later, went back to the same store and bought their last 2 boxes. Love it!

It's next level when you have it with yogurt with pumpkin and pumpkin spice stirred into it. And SF maple syrup on top of the whole mess.

I might have gone on a kick when my store still had the pumpkin Cheerios. Alas, they are no more.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Oh man, I buy waaaay too much cereal. I like a good classic Cheerios with fresh banana slices. Honey Bunches of Oats. Corn Pops. Did you know Oreo Os were back? I had to buy a big box of those. Frosted Mini Wheats. Cracklin' Oat Bran but I hardly ever buy it because it never goes on sale.

Cracklin' Oat Bran is sooooooooo good.

I can't eat it any more and I still look at it wistfully every time I pass it in the cereal aisle.
  • crabbybrianna
    crabbybrianna Posts: 344 Member
    Cranberry Almond Crunch is also really good! I used to love eating puffed wheat and puffed rice, but they aren’t filling and I could eat a huge mixing bowl full and still be hungry, so I don’t buy them anymore.
  • sugarstrawberries
    sugarstrawberries Posts: 140 Member
    I love cereal. It is definitely a difficult food to have in my pantry & try not to eat a whole box at a time. I have a family sized box of Frankenberry from the Halloween sales that I'm doing well with. Super love Corn Chex and Fruity Pebbles and Rice Crispy Treats cereal.
  • hannamarie0098
    hannamarie0098 Posts: 85 Member
    I’m a big fan of honey and almond granola with skyr and a little maple syrup :)
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member

I can't eat it any more and I still look at it wistfully every time I pass it in the cereal aisle.

I also love it, but it looks like cat food. Thankfully it smells good! Lately I just snack on cereal. Cracklin' Oat Bran and Oh's are perfect for that. I also bought some Girl Scout Thin Mint cereal that I haven't opened yet. After reading this thread I'm craving some Grape Nuts in warm milk. Might be a weekend indulgence.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    I love cold cereal, but it's kind of slippery slope because I can eat multiple bowls. I am pretty "bland" as in my preferred cereals are corn flakes, rice krispies, Crispix, plain Cheerios, corn chex, etc. If I decide to go crazy I will mix some frosted flakes with raisin bran.
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Cereal for me is all about taste. My personal faves are:
    - Peanut Butter Crunch (dry or in milk)
    - Frosted Flakes (in milk only)
    - Cinnamon Toast Crunch (dry only)
    - Fruit Loops (dry only)
    - Honey Nut Cheerios (in milk only)

If I am looking for nutrition or macro balance, I prefer to not eat cereal as a meal. But, it is a great "sit in front of the tv and munch" kind of snack. I just measure out what I can fit at the end of the day and munch away.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member

Holy hell, YASSS. If it comes in my house, I will eat the whole box in one sitting, so, yeah. I don't but it anymore. :/
  • Raisin Bran Clusters. The local grocery store its own brand that is better than the original. I eat it for dessert and pretend it's good for me because it says 'bran' :smiley:
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Ima let you finish but we all know that Reese's Puffs are the best cereal of all time.
  • aeloine wrote: »
    Ima let you finish but we all know that Reese's Puffs are the best cereal of all time.

I mean...it is very, very good. Best of all time? I'm going to have to do some research, I think.
  • Lisa8823168
    Lisa8823168 Posts: 139 Member
    Anyone remember DONKEY KONG JUNIOR cereal? Early 1980's...college dietary staple and banana delight!
  • CILLAJ8
    CILLAJ8 Posts: 99 Member
    1/2 servings of shredded wheat and grape nuts mixed together. Add a little flax meal, a banana and unsweetened almond milk. Filling breakfast for me. Keeps me full until morning snack around 10:15.
  • Dr_Fishbowl
    Dr_Fishbowl Posts: 42 Member
    I'll eat cereal on occasion....but only with half a cup of low fat cottage cheese instead of milk. Works well with cheerios.....not so well for cookie crisp.
  • Dr_Fishbowl
    Dr_Fishbowl Posts: 42 Member
    aeloine wrote: »

I mean...it is very, very good. Best of all time? I'm going to have to do some research, I think.

I mean how can it be Resse's puffs? They don't even have a manic wild eyed cartoon character selling you their product...unless you count E.T, but he phoned and went home ages ago.