Pouring rain is affecting my mood!!
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Options
    Learning more Italian
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    When I was growing up I believed that there were ‘bad guys’ and ‘good guys’. Now that I’m an adult I see that people are just the sum of their choices. Some of their choices are wrong for them. Some are right. Some are unlucky. Some are terrible mistakes. Some are calculated. Some are whimsical or untimely or irrational or just completely misunderstood. But people in and of themselves are neither inherently good nor bad.

If you are the kind of person who flips a switch and makes up your mind that someone is ‘bad’ through and through, I simply can’t relate to you or your mentality toward others. I don’t wrap people up into tiny categories. Go ahead and do so if it makes you feel better about unpleasant interactions in your day-to-day life, but if you alienate and judge and categorize everyone, you will be the loneliest person imaginable.

People are not good guys or bad guys. They’re human. If you don’t agree, it might be time for you to grow up.
  • CaptainFantastic00
    CaptainFantastic00 Posts: 4,619 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    When I was growing up I believed that there were ‘bad guys’ and ‘good guys’. Now that I’m an adult I see that people are just the sum of their choices. Some of their choices are wrong for them. Some are right. Some are unlucky. Some are terrible mistakes. Some are calculated. Some are whimsical or untimely or irrational or just completely misunderstood. But people in and of themselves are neither inherently good nor bad.

If you are the kind of person who flips a switch and makes up your mind that someone is ‘bad’ through and through, I simply can’t relate to you or your mentality toward others. I don’t wrap people up into tiny categories. Go ahead and do so if it makes you feel better about unpleasant interactions in your day-to-day life, but if you alienate and judge and categorize everyone, you will be the loneliest person imaginable.

People are not good guys or bad guys. They’re human. If you don’t agree, it might be time for you to grow up.

Well... maybe... but I am 100% sure you are an alien
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    "But people in and of themselves are neither inherently good nor bad" I sure hope you're excluding, murders and pedophiles.. I think theres some truly evil people.

On my mind is packing up and heading south. Its been 6 months since I saw my family.. Im so excited to see everyone.
  • caco_ethes
    edited November 2017
    Options

theres only bad guys cake. some are just worse than others

Sounds like a tag line for a video game. :lol:
  • NewlifeinNW
    NewlifeinNW Posts: 3,866 Member
    Options

Something I've had to learn through doing just that, isolating myself, and making my own mistakes.
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    csbnga wrote: »

Something I've had to learn through doing just that, isolating myself, and making my own mistakes.

:heart:
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Whataburger.
  • csorbs
    csorbs Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    On my mind is not being able to drink wine for the next 10 days. Pre-Thanksgiving detox. And boy, do I sure need a glass or two after today...
  • mysteps2beauty
    mysteps2beauty Posts: 494 Member
    Options

Wait to you get old(er)....there's a wisdom that living almost 6 decades gives you. People judge because if that person is going to be in your circle of influence you had better figure it out quick. Not to mention mental instability that seems rampant these days. There is a reason for the saying "first impressions" are lasting impressions. And why law enforcement profiles people. It's a useful tool. Infallible, no. But get's you really close to target.

• KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    I feel like I've been talking plenty to the people at my work but I've had two people ask me, "if I'm always this quiet". Why must this sort of thing follow me around everywhere, I've been super friendly!
  • 123liveoak
    123liveoak Posts: 2,239 Member
    Options
    Sitting waiting for my brakes to be done ...wondering do I treat myself with hot wings for adulting...or go home and continue being an adult and cook :|
  • caco_ethes
    Options

Wait to you get old(er)....there's a wisdom that living almost 6 decades gives you. People judge because if that person is going to be in your circle of influence you had better figure it out quick. Not to mention mental instability that seems rampant these days. There is a reason for the saying "first impressions" are lasting impressions. And why law enforcement profiles people. It's a useful tool. Infallible, no. But get's you really close to target.

Word.

I get what you’re saying. I’m not an idiot, I know what humans are capable of. I’m not looking for ten nice things about every pedophile I hear about.

But I’m not talking about first impressions. I’m talking about the people you know. The people who are already in your circle. I’m amazed at how easily people can turn their backs on people they previously trusted or loved. They have a misunderstanding, and they decide the other is a villain to be hated. Sometimes based only on assumptions.

I don’t get it. I don’t get it at all.

My mother in law is the most toxic, negative person you will ever encounter. And it gets worse every year because she continues to alienate her family and acquaintances this way. And every time someone else wrongs her or offends her and she casts them out, it reinforces her world view that nobody is to be trusted or loved. And she’s brought it all on herself.
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options

Word.

I get what you’re saying. I’m not an idiot

firefly.gif

• caco_ethes
    Options
    Caporegiem wrote: »

Word.

I get what you’re saying. I’m not an idiot

firefly.gif

Shhhh