Peanut butter, 1 of my 4 weaknesses

Options

Replies

• TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    As a low carber, peanut butter is a savior for quick calories. Almost every day, I eat several tbsps.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I still wanna know the other 3 weaknesses?

... and peanut butter (I do Jif) for the win I eat it errrraaay day!
  • dexjanelle
    dexjanelle Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is a "go to" for me. A very SMALL amount curbs my appetite a long time. Ice cream is my weakness.
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    HellYeahItsKriss Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    dexjanelle wrote: »
    Peanut butter is a "go to" for me. A very SMALL amount curbs my appetite a long time. Ice cream is my weakness.

What's a "very SMALL amount"?

A tip of a teaspoon? A soup spoon? A mouth wad full?
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    If you want to cure your peanut butter addiction, have a child with peanut allergies. I eat this now, which isn't bad, but isn't the same...

01yyzeu0q05w.png
  • bossmanbing2102
    bossmanbing2102 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    What is the healthiest peanut butter you can buy ? Iv noticed the one I get from Aldi contains palm oil. I’m not sure if that’s good oil or not but I believe it’s bad for the environment in terms of deforestation
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it's the healthiest, but I buy Smucker's Natural. It's just peanuts and salt. If you're used to peanut butters with sugar in them it may take some getting used to, but I think it's delicious and it's infinitely more peanutty in flavor than the ones that have been made with other oils and sugars.

Aldi has something like it in their organic line, but it's one of the few places where they are NOT a good price point. I can get a jar of Smucker's at WalMart that's more than twice the size for less money.

If you want to try JUST peanuts (no salt) if there's a Sprouts near you they sell fresh ground peanut butter that's just peanuts, and it seems to go on sale every few months.
  • adipace815
    adipace815 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter is my kryptonite as well, and unfortunately when I am in cutting mode I have to eliminate it. It just takes up too many calories that I can use with other foods that help with hunger and the macro nutrient balance that I am looking for. But yes twister- your nutritionist is wrong. If you are on a 1,200 calorie diet and you want to eat 8 tablespoons of peanut butter per day and nothing else, you can still lose weight. It probably wouldn't be the best thing for you nutritionally and I am going to guess you will still be hungry all the time, but you can do it.

For me, PB2 and some of the other substitutes just doesn't do it. When I want Peanut Butter I just want it. I do throw in peanut butter flavored things like protein bars or PB2 powder in a protein shake, but I feel your pain monteshot. When I am in maintenance mode I find that peanut butter can still be a problem for me because its so tough to measure. Ever try to get that peanut butter into a measuring spoon? Or scoop some into a small cup on a scale? You really do have to measure it somehow because there are so many calories packed into such a little amount. I hate to admit it, but I end up buying the premeasured "to-go" cups. Its the only way to ensure your not adding hidden calories.
  • nickssweetheart
    Options
    I just weigh whatever I want to have my peanut butter on, tare, and then add the pb. I would never weigh it in a cup because then I would waste some of my peanut butter!
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    I always know when my protein intake has been low cause the first thing I crave is peanut butter!
    The person who invented PB should be given sainthood!
  • nickssweetheart
    Options
    Bry_Lander wrote: »
    I just weigh whatever I want to have my peanut butter on, tare, and then add the pb. I would never weigh it in a cup because then I would waste some of my peanut butter!

For peanut butter and other food that comes in a container that requires you to scoop a portion out, I take the lid off, put the container on the scale, press tare weight, scoop out my serving, and then log the difference.

That's a really really good idea. Thank you!
  • lucerorojo
    lucerorojo Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    What is the healthiest peanut butter you can buy ? Iv noticed the one I get from Aldi contains palm oil. I’m not sure if that’s good oil or not but I believe it’s bad for the environment in terms of deforestation

I've bought the WholeFoods fresh ground, which is just peanuts and also from a local market near me that sells fresh ground nut butters--nothing but the nuts ground up. At Whole Foods you can also buy the peanuts and grind it yourself in their grinder. FWIW, all I eat now is the fresh ground and it does not taste like those peanutbutters you buy--no matter how "organic". The processed ones (beyond just grinding the peanuts) have salt, sugar, oil and some even other stuff. The consistency is not the same either. They are usually called "peanut spread" and they are not just peanuts.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    Guess who had a peanutbutter smoothie for breakfast. Stupid delicious conversation. Good thing its healthy ;D
  • Eire228
    Eire228 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is also a weakness of mine. Mmmmmm peanut butter.

That said, I tried PB2 once, and now the jar sits in my pantry. I thought it was so gross. :(
  • JaydedMiss
    Options
    Eire228 wrote: »
    Peanut butter is also a weakness of mine. Mmmmmm peanut butter.

That said, I tried PB2 once, and now the jar sits in my pantry. I thought it was so gross. :(

Try it twice. It tastes very different depending on tiny differences in water added. Or try it in smoothies. Or maybe you just hate the taste but i cant see how it tastes the same to me when made right :o Although apparently the flavored ones suck? no clue
  • Eire228
    Eire228 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I had it in a smoothie, and it made it taste burnt. It was so strange! I'll try it with water mixed in and see how it is. :)
  • JaydedMiss
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Eire228 wrote: »
    I had it in a smoothie, and it made it taste burnt. It was so strange! I'll try it with water mixed in and see how it is. :)

yeah drizzle in a small bit of water and stir it then add in drip by drip almost until you get a consistency you like. Little goes a long way texture wise lol. I hope you like it its quite yummy iv never had it taste burnt :o My smoothie was just like melted peanutbutter and it was delicious, granted i used peanut flour not PB2 but its just a cheaper less cut version of the same thing lol
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    I'm also wondering what the other three weaknesses are.
  • Daddymonte
    Daddymonte Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Well.....
    Another weakness of mine is......
    Pineapple.