Today I Learned...

Options

Replies

• Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    Finally a use for this pickle gif I saved forever ago.
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Options
    Today I learned that the eager to be helpful Salesperson in the plumbing department at Lowes hasn't a clue what he's talking about and that I know my shiit and really didn't need his help after all. :grimace:
  • FAAB_too
    FAAB_too Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Not to answer my phone.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    YIL (Yesterday I learned) that today is National Pickle Day. TIL that I'm all in for National Pickle Day.
  • cee134
    Options
    TIL the 3 Musketeers bar was originally split into three pieces with three different flavors: vanilla, chocolate and strawberry. When the other flavors became harder to come by during World War II, Mars decided to go all chocolate.
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    Today's expectations are tomorrows let downs.
  • CindyLouWhoinWhoville
    CindyLouWhoinWhoville Posts: 1,216 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Today I learned that I really do not like tuna in a can or in a pouch. Made lunch rather disappointing
  • Corprina
    Corprina Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    TIL that Michael Jordan is so rich that he's bored - with a net worth of nearly $1.4 billion.
  • cee134
    Options
    TIL that the Japanese practice of repairing broken pottery with gold or silver lacquer is called Kintsukuroi which is based on the philosophy that the object is more beautiful because it was broken.

qtgfpx4axi76.jpg
  • MJFSH
    MJFSH Posts: 7,252 Member
    Options
    What a bored soul I am
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Options
    That I'm a lonely soul with absolutely no patience! :confounded:
  • cee134
    Options
    TIL a person is more effective at analyzing fake news and conspiracy theories if they have a tendency for analytical thinking, which provides consistent protection against conspiratorial thinking and other irrational beliefs, but only if it was accompanied by a belief in the value of critical thinking.

https://arstechnica.com/science/2017/11/to-think-critically-you-have-to-be-both-analytical-and-motivated/
  • cee134
    Options
    TIL Prince William, Prince Harry, Tom Hardy, and Gary Barlow Will All Play Stormtroopers Guarding Finn in an Elevator in the movie Star Wars: The Last Jedi.
  • FAAB_too
    FAAB_too Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    That if his mouth is moving....hes lying!
  • MJFSH
    Options
    Life is so unfair!
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Til that ground glass was thought to be a good slow hard-to-find poison for years, but is now known to be mostly ineffective.
  • 123liveoak
    123liveoak Posts: 2,239 Member
    Options
    Snood..a turkeys snood determines it's ability to get a hen ...and how a male will determine its ability..to fight...snoods are the determining factor
  • MJFSH
    Options
    That forums seemto be getting frisky at night
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Today I learned that a lot of the time I feel like a thread killer. But it's much like when someone gives you the silent treatment. It just makes me want to talk more just because it bugs you and I'm a PITA that way.