Today I Learned...

Options

Replies

• nolan44219
    nolan44219 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    KyleGrace8 wrote: »
    TIL that for me, it doesn't matter if I used to outright hate a song if it makes me feel nostalgic I'm jamming to it. It's like I'm a traitor to my past self.

Just please tell me it's not a Meghan Trainor song
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    nolan44219 wrote: »
    TIL that for me, it doesn't matter if I used to outright hate a song if it makes me feel nostalgic I'm jamming to it. It's like I'm a traitor to my past self.

Just please tell me it's not a Meghan Trainor song

eff no but my niece (5) is obsessed with her :'(
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options

That's totally how I feel about 80s new wave lol
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    It's still early, I haven't learned *kitten* today yet.
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    TIL Getting to work 1 1/2 hours early does not make the day go faster.
  • Monkey_Business
    Options
    TIL: Robin Williams Loved Zelda and Pokemon
  • Monkey_Business
    Options
    980x.gif
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options

I've done this too. I'm glad it's not just me.
  • cee134
    edited October 2017
    Options
    SurfyPants wrote: »
    cee134 wrote: »
    That you don't need an MFP account to access the forums :|
    That you don't need an MFP account to access the forums :|

Yep.. kinda wrong

bd8apximzdpe.gif

Why does this keep surprising people. ALL of MFP can be googled. Profile Pics to forum conversations. It's a public site. You only need an account to post.

As the thread's titled "Today I learned?' I figured I'd post something I didn't know until now. Colour me officially unsurprised as a result of gaining new knowledge.

What were you thinking posting something new you learned on a 'today I learned' thread?! I am so surprised.

Welcome back to MFP, Vinehausen, hows New Zealand treating you? By the way, being surprised at something doesn't negate something someone learns. Since you've been on the site since 2013, it is surprising. I was actually taking that opportunity to try to educate anyone that didn't know the forums were public.

TIL some people don't google their user names, which I would strongly recommend for all sites.

Edit to add: It is ok to be surprised at facts people learn. As that is kind of the point of the thread. There's nothing bad about it. I'm surprised about things people post in this thread all the time. I love learning new things.
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    pudgy1977 wrote: »
    When dolphins are sexually frustrated they go on killing sprees

My state would definitely need to watch out!! Haha :D:#
    Lmao!!

• Corprina
    Corprina Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    That I'm tired of being unappreciated when all I'm trying to do is make sure that everyone is taken care of. It freaking sucks!
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    Corprina wrote: »
    That I'm tired of being unappreciated when all I'm trying to do is make sure that everyone is taken care of. It freaking sucks!

I totally had a ugly meltdown last night over this exact thing. The worst!
  • cee134
    Options
    TIL The crunch sound of food is made by mini sonic booms; breaking at 300 meters per second or faster.
  • _Captivated_
    _Captivated_ Posts: 5,669 Member
    Options
    That most of the people in this place aren't who they pretned to be.

Actually I learned that a long time ago but keep having to relearn it. I am sooooooo slow!
  • iamthemotherofdogs
    iamthemotherofdogs Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    The ideal temperature for hanging meat is between 33-37 degrees. #themoreyouknow