Today I Learned...

Options

Replies

• RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    Options
    Today I learned that The Shack starring my husband Sam Worthington is now on HBO! I must put The Game of Thrones on the back burner and watch this soon!

I am going to check this one out. I am looking for another series to watch. Granted walking dead is finally here soon, but still looking for more interesting shows.
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    TIL that when you run out of coffee filters the entire office goes ballistic!
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    pudgy1977 wrote: »
    TIL that when you run out of coffee filters the entire office goes ballistic!

Omg cheesecloth, cigarette papers, fine wire mesh, ANYTHING JUST FIX IT

I simply can't "awesome" this enough
  • BoosDimples
    BoosDimples Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    TIL that Mars Milkshakes aren't very tasty and are not worth the calories.
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    Options
    TIL the average woman wears 3 different sizes. Why? Because every clothing company has their own size chart. So the size you might buy at Forever 21 differs from the size you might buy at Old Navy. This in turn can make some woman have self-esteem issues.

As I looked in my closet this morning, I can say this is true lol
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    TIL that the 1st title of "Where the Wild Things Are" was "Where the Wild Horses Are" - until Sendak realized he could not draw a horse. So he drew the Wild Things, modeled after his relatives.
  • cee134
    Options
    TIL Cuba Gooding Jr.'s first movie role was the non-speaking role of the guy getting the haircut in the barbershop in "Coming to America".
  • cee134
    Options
    TIL the Chinese takeout box was an American invention originally designed to hold oysters.

55cxflae8076.png
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    pekovic_m wrote: »
    " Harvard researchers, for example, published a study in August 2017 showing that rising CO2 levels are significantly reducing the amount of protein in staple crops like rice, wheat, and potatoes."

Not to disagree with them Harvard researchers but, if you are using crops like rice, wheat, and potatoes as a source of protein, you are doing it wrong ...........

• cee134
    Options
    " Harvard researchers, for example, published a study in August 2017 showing that rising CO2 levels are significantly reducing the amount of protein in staple crops like rice, wheat, and potatoes."

Not to disagree with them Harvard researchers but, if you are using crops like rice, wheat, and potatoes as a source of protein, you are doing it wrong ...........

There are people that don't have much of a choice. Maybe the poster meant that it's not beneficial for those people?
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I am doing better about rising up to certain challenges, but still fall short on some things that require flexibility.
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is Today I Learned thread, right? It's just something I found interesting. Here's the article if you are interested in reading it. :)

This Handheld Scanner Analyzes Food's Nutritional Content On The Spot | @curiositydotcom

https://curiosity.com/topics/this-handheld-scanner-analyzes-foods-nutritional-content-on-the-spot-curiosity?utm_source=androidapp

OK, I failed. It was an attempt of humor at Harvard researchers studying starchy plant based foods as a protein source instead of plant based foods such soy.
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    Options
    Sarcasm can be traced back to the Greek verb zarkazein, which initually meant "to tear flesh like a dog"

Also, how people use sarcasm to validate their *kitten* behavior.
  • cee134
    Options
    TIL the voice of Maude Flanders requested a $4000 raise to cover increasing commute costs, but FOX only offered $150 instead. This dispute is what led to Maude being killed off.

utza4mhbs8q0.jpg
  • cee134
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    cee134 wrote: »
    TIL the voice of Maude Flanders requested a $4000 raise to cover increasing commute costs, but FOX only offered $150 instead. This dispute is what led to Maude being killed off.

utza4mhbs8q0.jpg

Her death scene was brilliantly written but this never should have happened. Ned and Maude were quite a pair. They should have given the voice the $4,000. Cheapskates.

What's worse is she probably would of made that by now. But maybe not. Since Film and TV companies are very cheap. The new Star Wars movies, almost all the stars are being paid the minimum amount.