5'6 ladies, what is your goal/maintenance weight?

Options

Replies

• DmaMfz
    DmaMfz Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    5’6”
    Current 127
    Goal 117 with 3 lb leeway

Gained 10 lbs a little over a year ago, apparently break up diet was the opposite for me. Now just wanting to get back to myself, and clothes for that matter.
  • branjovanovic
    branjovanovic Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    5.6. I am currently 153 lbs but my goal is to get to 140 or a bit lower than that if possible.
  • gettingfitter777
    gettingfitter777 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    There is a difference between "healthy" weight and "vanity" or "personal preference". "No", to the bold part. You ARE at a healthy weight, that is a FACT, not based on your opinion. You might not be at your vanity weight, but you are at a "healthy" weight as you report per BMI.

It is well-known that there is much debate around the BMI charts. For one, there is no universal BMI chart, for instance you can look up BMI charts for other parts of the world and they have some drastic differences with the American one. So no, it's not a fact that I am in a healthy range.
  • mlinci
    mlinci Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5.5 and maintaining at about 137-139lbs, down from a starting weight of 185. I'm happy with that weight and wear UK size 10/ American size 6. My hips are still a bit wide for my liking (38.5 inches or so), but it's the way I'm built and I don't think I can spot reduce.
  • Makeitso39
    Makeitso39 Posts: 51 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I'm 40 years old, 5'6" and personally am happiest at 130-133. I've been 125 before, got a lot of 'concerned' comments and felt myself that I was too skinny. I'm currently 137-139 and really don't like that extra 7lbs.
    It's all down to personal preference, hope you find and reach your goal!

• cs2thecox
    cs2thecox Posts: 533 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I'm 5' 5.5" and I hover somewhere around 60kg (132lb). I'm lean though... American Eagle size 2 jeans, size 4 most other US bottoms, generally size 10 UK tops (British but my American trousers currently fit best!)
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I'm maintaining around 145 lbs. This is higher than what I used to maintain before gaining weight, but I'm older now and feel fine at this higher weight.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and 29. Highest weight was around 155-160lbs. Currently at 150lbs and hoping to reach 130lbs for my wedding in May.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and 43 years old. My original goal weight was 150, and I'm 6lbs away. I'd like to get closer to 145 at some point, but really no rush. It's a better running weight for me. I think I'd look too thin any lower than 145. I'd be fine being heavier if I gained some muscle. I supposed I'd have to lift heavy stuff instead of run to get there, but I'll figure it out.
  • magster4isu
    magster4isu Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6". My starting weight was 270.8 and I am currently at 166.8. I set my goal at 145.8. When I hit this point (and probably before that) I will shift my focus from looking at my weight to BF% and recomp. That's my current plan, but I have changed my goal several times on my journey everytime I have changed my mind of what I think is possible.
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Attaching a specific weight to a height is probably not the best idea. We are all aware, there are multiple variables affecting weight other than height including such things as metabolic rate, body frame, personal desire to be on the lean or heavier side of a healthy weight range, etc. The following might be helpful for you - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4841935/ . For myself, with a very slight frame, my goal is a range between 115 and 120 with a desired IBW of 117.
  • prettysoul1908
    prettysoul1908 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    My original goal was 135. With MFP I got down to 143. I felt a little too thin at that weight so for how I’d like my body to look my number is 150
  • chispaza
    chispaza Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Im 5'6, 37 years old. I'm currently 149 lbs. My goal weight range is 130-135 lbs.
  • jenna_nicolo
    jenna_nicolo Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm about 5'8'' , I joined MFP at 185 - unfortunately my highest weight ever - and my goal is 140 for now since that's smack dab in the middle of the normal BMI range for my height. Currently sitting at 150 and I'm starting to look pretty good and my size 6 jeans fit again, if that helps at all. But as someone said above all bodies have different compositions so these weight comparisons should be taken with a grain of salt :smile:
  • ugofatcat
    ugofatcat Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    5'6" would like to weight between 130-135. I am between 143-148 now.

My weight goal is based on the fact Kate Middleton is 5'9" and weighs 121...
  • EliseTK1
    EliseTK1 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6" and weigh 163-164 lbs, goal weight of ~150 lbs but without real conviction. I'm in good shape, training a lot and losing weight slowly, and I'll know when I get to where I want to be. Everything about my "ideal weight" changed when I gained 8 lbs of muscle in 6 months of lifting. I agree with everyone who says you can't really attach a weight to a height because we're all so different.
  • maura_tasi
    maura_tasi Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I can't seem to get my accurate height lol I always get 5'5 or 5'6. Right now I'm about 145 and would like to drop to the 120s. I have short legs so my weight accumulates there and is definitely more noticeable so I prefer to be in the mid 120s for me to be happy with my entire appearance.
  • alondrakayy
    alondrakayy Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 ft 7 in
    25 yrs old
    Went from 153 lbs to 137 lbs after a 12 wk cut, immediately jumped up to 140lbs after reverse diet and now have maintained my weight at 140 lbs for the past 3 weeks almost. Recomping for the last two months of the year then I'll start cutting again in January. Goal is 130 lbs.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,900 Member
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    I don't really find knowing others' weights at my height to be that helpful, because it is dependent on body shape, body composition, and personal preference. I'm currently 137, aiming for 134, and I won't go lower than that because I know from experience it doesn't suit me, but for others it may be just fine.

Right, I have a large frame http://www.myfooddiary.com/Resources/frame_size_calculator.asp and my family would do an intervention if I were in the 130s.
  • cdikh
    cdikh Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Im 5’6 and i ised to weight 135lbs before my pregnancy, i lost most of my pregnancy weight after birth but im currently at 147lbs , and for me its not my ideal weight . My goal would be 131lbs since i still used to be a bit chubby