Less alcohol - Nov 2017 - one day at a time

Replies

• FattieBabs
    FattieBabs Posts: 542 Member
    lporter229 wrote: »
    Two glasses of cab last night, not terrible, but not what I intended. Had to have red wine in the chili recipe, and then, you know, had to see how good it was. It was good, too good!

At least it was only two. When I cook with wine I sometimes finish the whole bottle because I allow myself to believe that I put more of it in the food than I actually did!

• FattieBabs
    That is a very honest statement :-)
  • GettingFit5551
    GettingFit5551 Posts: 110 Member
    edited November 2017
    Hi There,

I am on day 4 of abstaining from alcohol. I have had 1-2 glasses a night for quite some time now and thought I could use a break from it and just found this thread today.

I slept pretty good last night, but the previous 2 nights my sleep was terrible.

If anyone feels like they need an alcohol abstinence buddy, please feel free to add me.

It was very strange, yesterday I got a friend request from someone who was also quitting the alcohol and was on the same day as I am... It's definitely a sign!

Take Care Everybody!
    Tracy
  • I feel super sonic when I do NOT drink alcohol. I am very productive and I hardly eat food if not drinking alcohol at night!
  • hjeppley
    hjeppley Posts: 230 Member
    edited November 2017
    5cheetahs wrote: »
    I saw kombucha at our local farmers market, what is it?

It is a beverage made from fermented tea and other ingredients. It is probiotic and comes in a bunch of flavors depending who makes it and what they put it it. I have had ones that I really like in mint, pomegranate, and ginger flavors. I get mine at the farmer's market. It usually has just a tiny bit of alcohol in it because of the fermentation (<0.5%).
  • MrSith
    MrSith Posts: 1,636 Member
    5cheetahs wrote: »
    Hi There,

I am on day 4 of abstaining from alcohol. I have had 1-2 glasses a night for quite some time now and thought I could use a break from it and just found this thread today.

I slept pretty good last night, but the previous 2 nights my sleep was terrible.

If anyone feels like they need an alcohol abstinence buddy, please feel free to add me.

It was very strange, yesterday I got a friend request from someone who was also quitting the alcohol and was on the same day as I am... It's definitely a sign!

Take Care Everybody!
    Tracy

Stupid question: how do we add people to friend?
    you click on their name and you will be able to send friend request from there.

I'm on day 5 and I feel good about not drinking as I'm trying to drop some weight as well (unneeded calories).

Also, on day 5 of my workout as I have officially returned to doing one on a consistent basis.

• naomiday85
    naomiday85 Posts: 38 Member
    My goal was 6 weeks no alcohol!
    It's the 5th week and Felling pretty amazing ;) but can't wait for next Friday to have a sip ahahha Friends coming to town and I knew I could not, not drink.
    Me and my partner made a pact after the first 2 weeks that we would only drink occasionally and only if it's a special occasion! Since we stoped the drinking we have never felt better :) I love a glass of wine and a beer not much of a hard core drinks but I do love my wine and at least one glass or two a day I would have not talking about weekend bottles and drinking parties all the time! It's was hard first 3 weeks. The 3 week I would see hear wine everywhere! Even one night was watching a movie and te lady was having some wine my mind blocked on the glass and I was salivating!!! It's crazy cus I'm not an alcoholic but my body was so used to the glass here and there that it's was craving it!!!! Ahahaha

One more week and I deserve a glass!

Ahahahha

Good job to me and my husbie for supporting me and going along with it!

My other half is already asking me “you will drink again though won’t you?” And I’m only week 2!
  • marygraci999
    marygraci999 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Havent had a drink since September.. Empty calories is how I look at it.. Im going to save it for special occasions.. Holidays Birthday etc...
  • FattieBabs
    It's the 5th week and Felling pretty amazing ;) but can't wait for next Friday to have a sip ahahha Friends coming to town and I knew I could not, not drink.
    Me and my partner made a pact after the first 2 weeks that we would only drink occasionally and only if it's a special occasion! Since we stoped the drinking we have never felt better :) I love a glass of wine and a beer not much of a hard core drinks but I do love my wine and at least one glass or two a day I would have not talking about weekend bottles and drinking parties all the time! It's was hard first 3 weeks. The 3 week I would see hear wine everywhere! Even one night was watching a movie and te lady was having some wine my mind blocked on the glass and I was salivating!!! It's crazy cus I'm not an alcoholic but my body was so used to the glass here and there that it's was craving it!!!! Ahahaha

Ahahahha

That is great Sofia!
  • FattieBabs
    Went out with my Canadian cousin last night and she ordered a bottle of red with dinner. I had one glass so quite pleased. It was a very nice dark Italian red too! Hubby out tonight so planning on not drinking at all. Weekend could be tricky but will try my best. Show week next week so will have to be good at the bar in the intervals :-)
  • MrSith
    MrSith Posts: 1,636 Member
    naomiday85 wrote: »

Ahahahha

My other half is already asking me “you will drink again though won’t you?” And I’m only week 2!

I went 40 some odd days once recently and I asked myself the same question. Then I took a drink......I knew if I made it to 6mos I would not drink even though I wanted or felt like I needed too. lol

• Westschmeis
    Westschmeis Posts: 350 Member
    No alcohol today, good nutrition. Gonna try to make it to Thanksgiving now without wine.
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,293 Member
    This is a motivating thread for sure! The people inspire me. And we are all honest, so if we slip up, we stay that we did, and try again. I appreciate everyone's honesty and candor. I"m away for the weekend with friends. Last night , nearly drank a whole bottle of wine and also had some rum . Had to log 600 calories for the chardonnay and mixed drinks I drank. That's an eye opener. I feel so much better in every way when i don't drink. Today, I didn't have any alcohol. That is my goal to be alcohol free. It doesn't do anything good for my health. Just sharin' xoxo
  • Westschmeis
    Westschmeis Posts: 350 Member
    Another good day for me, no booze, or wine!

Keeping a stemless wine glass of crystal light lemonade in my hand really helps me to keep focussed on the goal, while satisfying my need to sip.Four more days til Thanksgiving!
  • FattieBabs
    End of my first week of activity cutting down and 1lb off. Good! Even though the alcohol fits into my cal allowance I am sure it is hindering my weight loss. Will try this again this week. Playing violin for a show so will be careful during the very sociable after show drinks sessions. A mixture of healthy home prepared food and low cal microwaavd meals already sorted for the week!

We recently acquired a sous vide machine and have prepared some prepackaged spiced meats and fish which should help with cals and save time preparing.
  • FattieBabs
    This is a motivating thread for sure! The people inspire me. And we are all honest, so if we slip up, we stay that we did, and try again. I appreciate everyone's honesty and candor. I"m away for the weekend with friends. Last night , nearly drank a whole bottle of wine and also had some rum . Had to log 600 calories for the chardonnay and mixed drinks I drank. That's an eye opener. I feel so much better in every way when i don't drink. Today, I didn't have any alcohol. That is my goal to be alcohol free. It doesn't do anything good for my health. Just sharin' xoxo

That is great. I don’t think I ever want to be alcohol free but want to control it empathetic than the other way round. I do love good wine. The last time I was successful I cut out all booze during the week and bought two expensive bottles which I shared with hubby over the weekend. This worked and we saved a lot of money too.
  • FattieBabs
    Next time have it with soda. Easy to say I know!!!
  • naomiday85
    naomiday85 Posts: 38 Member
    This weekend has been tough, I wanted a wine with dinner last night but resisted! Still doing it