Options
13»

Replies

• CHAOSrstNpeace
    CHAOSrstNpeace Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    DanniB423 wrote: »
    tlpina82 wrote: »
    My personal motto: "The more I get to know people, the more I love my dogs".
    There's no excuse for this kind of behavior, but some people are like that.
    They get a kick of making people uncomfortable. It makes them feel better about their empty little lives.

But fat doesn't sneak up on you. It happens over time.
    So the main question to you is:

ARE YOU READY FOR IT?

Are you ready to work you *kitten* off? Litteraly.
    Are you ready to give up candy, cakes, ice cream, bread, bacon etc? Cheat meals are for pu$$ies and whiners.
    Are you ready to tell the rest of the world to F**k off as they stare at you like just another fat girl that will inevitably give up? And they will.

You don't need back up. You need to do it.
    You don't need approval. You need tenacity.
    You don't need hand holding. You need to get up by yourself.

It's not about anyone else. It's about you.
    Win or Lose. It's on you.
    You had me until you got to the bacon. Give me bacon or give me death. You can maintain a calorie deficit just fine with bread and bacon. But nice execution.

Another tough lover over here!
  • ValeoRex
    ValeoRex Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You got this! Whenever I feel like I'm not making progress or feel like skipping my healthy lunch I brought and going out for lunch with the office crew I log on here and read through the Motivation section. It helps remind me of what's possible if I stick with it. Just because I don't see progress every singe day doesn't mean progress isn't happening.

You got it; set small goals and stick with it!
  • pmm3437
    pmm3437 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    You can succeed if you put your mind to it, not because of your husband or anyone else.

If you do it because of other people you are automatically setting yourself up to fail with a handy excuse of 'it was their fault, they didn't support me'.

This.

You'll only succeed long term via the motivation that comes from within.

• kakaovanilya
    kakaovanilya Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Hi Amanda! In my experience when people say mean things to you, it means that you have something that they dont have or you achieved something they couldnt. Good luck on your journey!
  • xkitxkatxkaix
    xkitxkatxkaix Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Giiiirl, you have a lot of support right here! And please ignore those horrid comments. Some people in the world choose only to be the bad the ugly and the nasty that lurks the earth's corners.
    You *will* be able to play and run with your kids. You *will* be able to run up the stairs to kids your babies goodnight. And hunny you *will* be getting those cute boots!
    Get ready for boat lots of support babe, because it is coming!
  • GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Coleteo wrote: »
    As a 44 year old mother of 4 who's lost 49lbs (most of it in 6months) I look back and wish I had done it 10 years ago.

As the others have said, only you can do it. Support is wonderful but really it's up to you. If u want to do it you can. It won't be easy but it might be easier then you imagine. If I'd known how well it'd go for me I would definitely have done it sooner. I so wish I had. None of the excuses I had in my head were valid. Sure it was easy to say with 4 young children it's impossible... blah blah blah! I eventually fell into it but my 2 regrets are : I didn't do it years ago and I didn't take a before picture.

The fat2fit group on here is a fantastic place for encouragement and accountability. They'll be inviting people to join the December challenge soon.

I want to wish you the best of luck

I loved your post.
    "None of the excuses I had in my head were valid."

Isn't it weird how we can so easily convince ourselves whatever we want to? But we cannot convince ourselves to get off our butts?

To the original poster:
    Best of luck. You can do this!
    Coming to MFP was an excellent place to start.
    Feel free to add me.
  • pisces1983
    pisces1983 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I loved reading all the responses you got. Made me feel good just reading all the love and support sent your way.
  • keodell1966
    keodell1966 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    You’re here on MyFitnessPal so you are on the right track. Just know you can have a treat everyday on MFP, just make sure it fits in your day!
    Also remember your beautiful now as well as later. Don’t let someone calling you a name define the wonderful beauty you are.
    Good luck to you!
  • whosshe
    whosshe Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Hey girl. I checked out your profile and your "about me". I can totally relate. Before now the only time I was at a weight I liked was when I lost due to drugs, or pretty much starving myself. I never knew how easy simply counting calories would be. I thought losing weight was so far out of my reach that I didn't bother for so long. I now thank myself everyday for starting when I did, and doing it healthily this time. I would lay awake at night and just cry. I would wake up with a horrible horrible hole feeling in my gut every morning. I hated myself so much. But now those feelings are gone and this was the best thing I could have ever done for me and my family. As for random people calling you terrible things, I feel you. I would get random facebook messages telling me I was eating myself to death, from fake accounts, would still love to know who they actually were.

You don't have to workout, you don't have to set rules or restrictions. The biggest bonus from counting calories was that I saved a lot of money because I was eating less lol I gained 100+lbs when I got pregnant with my daughter, I've lost 75 so far. It's 100% doable, you just have to start.
  • sherrsuntha
    sherrsuntha Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    My nickname from grade7-9 was butterball. I've been called a bowling ball, a penguine and so many that I cant even remember now. I'm sure I get called many names behinde my back and yeah it sucks but as hard as it is I have ad to let the names go or they just get to me. I hope you find success and get as helathy as you can and do it the way that works best for you.
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    First thing, buy an Activity Tracking Watch. My daughter bought me one and my weight loss took off. I'm down 40 plus pounds. I would concentrate on the how more than the why. The why you will probably figure out along the way. Even a one pound loss will change your morale.
    My best wishes!
  • newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I'm moved by your post and all of the support you got here.

You have a lot of solid reasons to make the necessary changes in your life. You also made a lot of amazing accomplishments at a young age too. It shows that you have a great set of skills to tap into to help you on your way. You'll find a wealth of support here.

As for the negative people, tune them out (easier said than done, been there done that) . Don't announce your plans, just do it. Saboteurs may lurk where you least suspect it. Let your results speak for themselves. Have faith, you can do this!