30 Day Shred Newbies!

Options

Replies

• MrsWibbly
    MrsWibbly Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Day 8 completed. Think my energy and enthusiasm for everything is all getting a bit much for my husband who is currently online looking as cycle computers to monitor the lunchtime bike rides he started to do a couple of days after I started the 30DS!

Got the weights about right - can really feel the burn and am struggling to complete the sets but can just push myself to do it. 2 more days on level 1 and then on to level 2 (where I am expecting to find a new level of pain!)

p.s forgot to add - lost another pound when I unofficially weighed in this morning. On Monday with officially weigh in and take measurements (I can compare to those taken before 30DS and will report back... that is if I haven't crashed from exhaustion and muscle fatigue after starting level 2!!!)
  • corgifan
    corgifan Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Day 7 tonight. While I'm not hobbling around the house, I really felt the effects of Jillian on my run (long run today....10 miles...ouch). Part good, part bad, lol. I could feel some more strength in my muscles, but also fatigue in my back and arms (also a bit in my legs further towards the end). I've never felt fatigue in my back on a run....ever. Something is changing for sure!

Giving myself until tonight to recover from my run before putting myself through 30DS. :)
  • jackiemonx
    jackiemonx Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    starting again today, seemed to lose track this weekend. l1d1 here we go!
  • MrsWibbly
    Options
    DAY 10 LEVEL 1 completed. Still having to modify push ups and having had a sneak peek at Level 2 while eating breakfast I am not looking forward to tomorrow - I can see a lot of pain and falling flat on the carpet in my future!!! On day 1 I barely managed 60 crunches and today - day 10 - I did 104 and my shoulders actually lift right off the floor!!! No days missed and feeling great!

Officially weighed in this morning and have lost 2.75 lbs since day 1, plus 1/2 inch off my waist and 3/4 inch off my hips. Amazing results so far which is great motivation to hit Level 2 hard tomorrow.
  • Prestonsmumma
    Prestonsmumma Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    day 2 level 1 done this morning!! really felt it in my calfs, and i still cant do an unmodified push up!! my upper body strength is crap!! lol
    Anyway how long did u do level 1 b4 starting level 2?? its jst i have always been pretty active and am used to alot of the moves as i have been doing a davina dvd plus i run every other morning!! Dont get me wrong i still sweat like hell while im doing it but feel i could do more!!
    Maybe i shall do level 1 for 7days and see from there!!
    loving the 30DS though its bloody brilliant!! :bigsmile: :blushing:
  • Melanie858
    Melanie858 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I had two days break this weekend since I was visiting my Mum for the weekend, but was back to work today - Day 6 (L1) done!! I think the rest did me good as I felt much stronger today!
  • ginny5775
    ginny5775 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm new to the forums. I usually just use my phone to track everything but decided to get on here whenever I have extra time. I first started the shred about a month ago. I hit a plateau when I started level 2, so I stopped for almost 2 weeks. I decided to get back into it about a week ago but I've been doing a different level everyday and I have had much better results!! I've lost 2 lbs. already and can definitely see a difference already. I'm sooo glad I decided to do it this way. It's tough but it keeps your body guessing. I recommend to try it this way after you've finished the 30 days. I hate level 2 but I love level 3 lol. Can't wait to keep up with everyone's progress :)
  • amberfranklin1
    amberfranklin1 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Did L2D1 today. I cannot really say that I liked it! I dont think that the moves were that much harder, just odd. I burned about the same amount as I did at the end of level 1, so hope that will continue to go higher as it did in level 1. I really kinda felt like I was confused durning some of the moves and those stupid squat row V things, yuck! I think that 5 lb weights are ok for almost everything but that. My arms seemed to have really toned up during L1 so maybe they will improve even more during L2, Im already looking forward to L3, after day 1 already hating this one!
  • Melanie858
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm new to the forums. I usually just use my phone to track everything but decided to get on here whenever I have extra time. I first started the shred about a month ago. I hit a plateau when I started level 2, so I stopped for almost 2 weeks. I decided to get back into it about a week ago but I've been doing a different level everyday and I have had much better results!! I've lost 2 lbs. already and can definitely see a difference already. I'm sooo glad I decided to do it this way. It's tough but it keeps your body guessing. I recommend to try it this way after you've finished the 30 days. I hate level 2 but I love level 3 lol. Can't wait to keep up with everyone's progress :)

I think after I've managed the first 30 days (doing the levels normally), I might try this method of alternating the levels for the next 30 days.
  • MrsWibbly
    Options
    Day 11: thats day 1 of level 2 completed! My arms struggled to hold me up so some of the exercises I collapsed less than half way into. More practice needed - it can only get better.
  • TiffMax
    TiffMax Posts: 70
    Options
    J.M. kicks butt. Im sore as heck. Tonight i did level one for the second time-( i did it one day last week and today was the first day i could even consider it). I give all you props for being able to do it daily, Cant wait to get there myself but dont want it interfering with my couch to 5k program that i recently started- which it did last week- was to sore to get out for two days after! thanks for the thread tho- keeps me motivated!
  • Prestonsmumma
    Options
    Well im only on day 3 but am now gonna give it a go doing it this way, as u say keeps ur body guessing!! cant wait to see results, well ive already lost 1.5lbs so mega happy already!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Prestonsmumma
    Options
    Well im only on day 3 but am now gonna give it a go doing it this way, as u say keeps ur body guessing!! cant wait to see results, well ive already lost 1.5lbs so mega happy already!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • audradanielle
    Options
    Started the Shred again today.
    I've pretty much got Jillian's little sayings memorized. Oh, Jillian.

I forgot how much you sweat! Looking forward to being done in 30 days.
    I'm staying 10 days on each level. Although I do enjoy levels 1 and 3 the most, level 2 is awkward at some points.
  • Prestonsmumma
    Options
    OMFG!! I have jst done level 2 and im only on my 4th day!! **** how hard is it?? im gonna be in some pain tomoz!! lmao
  • Prestonsmumma
    Options
    OMFG!! I have jst done level 2 and im only on my 4th day!! **** how hard is it?? im gonna be in some pain tomoz!! lmao
  • Melanie858
    Options
    I'm upto Day 9 today (2 days of Level 1 left)!! Anyone got any tips for going onto Level 2? What kind of exercises are in it?

Also does anyone find it annoying in the lunges section when Jillian says 'Just a couple more' and then it's still about 7 or 8 lunges to go!! Lately I've had the sound turn down and blast some music while doing it - makes it more fun!
  • kdm97
    kdm97 Posts: 111
    Options
    I just bought it a couple days ago. I think I'm going to start on Monday. I've used 2 of her other DVDs: No More Trouble Zones and Boost Your Metabolism. They were great.
  • audradanielle
    Options
    I'm upto Day 9 today (2 days of Level 1 left)!! Anyone got any tips for going onto Level 2? What kind of exercises are in it?

Also does anyone find it annoying in the lunges section when Jillian says 'Just a couple more' and then it's still about 7 or 8 lunges to go!! Lately I've had the sound turn down and blast some music while doing it - makes it more fun!

Haha. Yes! She always tricks me!
  • Melanie858
    Options
    Well I finally managed to do the unmodified push-ups today for the first time!!! I could only do a few of them each time (about 5) but so pleased I managed it!