Prayers needed...

Options

Replies

• dkell
    dkell Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    update:heart: Little Chance has been fighting and working like a little trouper and his intestines only have about 3 inches left. He is having a complication with pressure from a ring around the opening putting too much pressure on his groin area. They are going to do surgery today to take the ring out.:heart::heart: Please keep those prayers comming. They told us its going to be a long haul. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Thank you all for the support so far.
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Just read about the baby. My prayers are with the family:heart::heart:

Kathy
  • kammiller
    Options
    The power of prayer is what it is POWER! I will:flowerforyou: pray for you and your family. That little baby is in Gods hands which is the best thing that could ever happen:flowerforyou:
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Poor little baby:brokenheart: Just said a prayer for the little guy:flowerforyou:

-Adrienne:heart:
  • dkell
    Options
    Surgery helped:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Your prayers helped:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: The pressure in his groin area has been releived and the swelling is going down. :heart: He's a strong little guy and we love him so much. :heart: :heart: :heart: The surgens said this is going to take a few months for the intestines to completely be inside of Chance. We have been told its going to be a roller coaster of emotions - one day everything will be great and the next little things will seem not so good. :heart: :heart: But thank you everyone for the prayers - they help so much.
  • dkell
    Options
    A Gift to Chance from Grandma Diana

I see him so small and helpless,
    eyes closed, streched out, lying still.
    The angels are all around him,
    His servival IS God's will.

Chance Michael is a special gift.
    Our lives have been enriched.
    He gives our hearts a mighty lift.
    We stand and watch him
    He's always working hard and steady,
    Making his body go in place,
    So he can become, big sister ready.

Our love and prayers he must feel,
    As we gather all around him.
    We stroke his tiny arms, legs and head.
    We all stand watching around his little bed.

Little Chance, know that we want to hold you,
    And cradle you in our arms.
    We love you Chance Micheal Kelley
    We'll keep waiting
    We'll keep watching to see your life long charms.

This poem will continue
    To grow for many years.
    Like you will grow and grow
    And hear it with your grown up ears.

Gods speed my little darling.:heart::flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • gottaluvboyz
    gottaluvboyz Posts: 555 Member
    Options

We stand and watch him

We'll keep waiting

This poem will continue
    To grow for many years.

Absolutely beautiful, Aunt Diane! I'm sitting here in tears right now. Everyone...this lady is absolutely amazing. She is incredible in every sense of the word and I am so blessed to have her as my aunt. Have you read this poem to little Chance? It will 100% warm his little heart:heart:
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options

We stand and watch him

We'll keep waiting

This poem will continue
    To grow for many years.

Absolutely beautiful, Aunt Diane! I'm sitting here in tears right now. Everyone...this lady is absolutely amazing. She is incredible in every sense of the word and I am so blessed to have her as my aunt. Have you read this poem to little Chance? It will 100% warm his little heart:heart:

That was very sweet mom :cry: :heart: :flowerforyou: Sorry guys haven't been able to get on here much. Work has been really busy and they've laid off over 300 people so I'm really trying to keep from being next.

And yes she is absolutely amazing......I'm so lucky to have her as a mom and you as a cousin, as a matter of fact, I'm so grateful for our entire family......we are blessed. :flowerforyou:

Be strong mom, he's gonna pull through. He's a fighter :flowerforyou: :smooched: :heart:

{hugs}
  • dkell
    Options
    :heart: My family gives me the strength:heart: Chance looked great last night. The nurses finally let us put lotion on him and he looked so soft and comfortable. His color was a nice pink and he didn't have a look of distress on his little face. He keeps trying to pull out the tubs in his nose and mouth so they have to tape them.:wink: He's a little fighter and he's definately got the Kelley spunk.:heart::heart:

I gave Chloe a stick horse at the hospital last night and she was galloping around the hospital yelling "He Haw". Everyone loved it. She entertains the family members that are waiting their turn to see Chance.

Oh and kellch I will call the photographer today and I will speak to Community Market after work to see if they can even make the kind of cake you want before I get Rachel to check them out with me. I will get her opinion before I order it.:drinker: :drinker:

Also Grandma Helen had carple tunel surgery yesterday and everything went great. I stayed with her last night.:heart::heart:
  • gottaluvboyz
    Options
    :heart: My family gives me the strength:heart: Chance looked great last night. The nurses finally let us put lotion on him and he looked so soft and comfortable. His color was a nice pink and he didn't have a look of distress on his little face. He keeps trying to pull out the tubs in his nose and mouth so they have to tape them.:wink: He's a little fighter and he's definately got the Kelley spunk.:heart::heart:

I gave Chloe a stick horse at the hospital last night and she was galloping around the hospital yelling "He Haw". Everyone loved it. She entertains the family members that are waiting their turn to see Chance.

Oh and kellch I will call the photographer today and I will speak to Community Market after work to see if they can even make the kind of cake you want before I get Rachel to check them out with me. I will get her opinion before I order it.:drinker: :drinker:

Also Grandma Helen had carple tunel surgery yesterday and everything went great. I stayed with her last night.:heart::heart:

Glad to hear Chance looked good last night. It probably felt so nice to lotion him up and then he had that sweet baby smell:love: I'm sure Chloe had a blast w/ her horse! Lots of prayers for your mom as well, Aunt Diane. I hope she has a speedy recovery! Best of luck w/ the wedding plans. Speaking of photographers it looks like I will be photographing an upcoming wedding:noway: I was actually approached by friends to photograph their wedding!
  • dkell
    Options
    Kelly that would be perfect for you. You do so great with the boys. If you weren't in Cheryl's wedding I'd hire you be the photographer for that.:wink::wink:
  • kellch
    Options

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Sounds like Chance is doin good!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: LOL on Chloe with the stick horse....I can picture her doing that :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: She's such a cutie.:love: Sounds good on the photographer and cake ideas......and Tell Grandma Helen, I love her and hope she feels ok. I'll give her a call this weekend. :flowerforyou: :smooched:

:heart: ya!!
  • kellch
    Options

Glad to hear Chance looked good last night. It probably felt so nice to lotion him up and then he had that sweet baby smell:love: I'm sure Chloe had a blast w/ her horse! Lots of prayers for your mom as well, Aunt Diane. I hope she has a speedy recovery! Best of luck w/ the wedding plans. Speaking of photographers it looks like I will be photographing an upcoming wedding:noway: I was actually approached by friends to photograph their wedding!

I'm sure you'll do a great job! :flowerforyou: You're a pretty crafty person :bigsmile: Ya know......that's an idea......photographer as a side job. y_thinking.gif
  • gottaluvboyz
    Options
    Kelly that would be perfect for you. You do so great with the boys. If you weren't in Cheryl's wedding I'd hire you be the photographer for that.:wink::wink:

Thanks! It is something I have been thinking about for quite some time now. For my quickly approaching 30th b-day Eric is getting me a VERY nice camera. I'm going to look into taking some classes and who knows what will transpire in the future. It's funny you bring up Cheryl's wedding...when I told Grandma about "my offer" she said Cheryl still needed a photographer and maybe I could do it. I laughed and said it probably wouldn't work out w/ being in the wedding:wink:

I'm pretty excited, but a tad bit nervous! It's her 2nd wedding and his first...reception at Old Zim's. I'm most nervous about large group shots...any volunteers for a family gathering this summer where I can photograph the family:wink:
  • gottaluvboyz
    Options

I'm sure you'll do a great job! :flowerforyou: You're a pretty crafty person :bigsmile: Ya know......that's an idea......photographer as a side job. y_thinking.gif

Thank you...I appreciate it!
  • dkell
    Options
    UPDATE. :heart: Chance is still doing ok. His face and extremities are a little swollen but the nurses said that is normal for this condition and that he is doing great. We went to see him and he was a little more active and he opened his eyes more to look at us (at least thats what we told ourselves). We talk to him all the time so he will recognize our voices:flowerforyou: :love: His intestines are almost inside of him but they still have a way to go.:cry::cry: He is so precious.:heart::heart:
  • CatarinaF
    CatarinaF Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    i think it's time for me to make peace with God...
    i saw this woman today, shivering in a public park - she lost her home yesterday. i really felt blessed in a funny way.
    i will pray for your family !
    i just wanted to say that i was in hospital when i was 2, for a serious lung surgery, and ended up staying there for 18 months... and here i am today, healthy and with loads of energy ! so, sweetie, just stay positive, ok?

a big big big hug
    Cat
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • dkell
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Thank you for the support and story. I know in my heart he will get through this.:heart::heart:
  • kellch
    Options
    Update......Chance has his an operation on Friday and should be closed up in the next couple of weeks speedmetal.gif The little guy's goin strong!! :drinker: Hopefully after that all goes well and they wont have to reopen him. He's comin along and before we know it, he'll be home with his mom, dad, and big sister :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,962 Member
    Options
    awesome news. Thanks! :flowerforyou: