How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
13»

Replies

• ratkaj
    ratkaj Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Every morning. It can be discouraging to see water retention, but it lets me monitor my fluctuation and what to change
    this.
    Me too!
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday in the morning before food. I'm too curious to do it any less.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    I do a weigh in everyday morning and evening. I do the evening just for kicks. I am curious to see how my weight changes during the day so i am prepared not to see 2-3lbs differences.
  • Trig0r
    Trig0r Posts: 47
    Options
    I used to weigh myself 3 times a week when I used o goto the gym 3 times a week as it was always the same time in the day etc so gave me a pretty good baseline, however I found that over a week my weight would swap about 2/3Lbs one way or the other.

Now I just weigh myself on a sunday at the same sort of time, if I'm not near the scales at that time I dont weigh myself..

To ME its not just about what I weigh its about the general well being of myself and over all loss not just a case of everytime I get on the scales I must loose at least xyz amount of weight and if I put any on then its red alert and panic stations.....
  • Maggie_Pie1
    Maggie_Pie1 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Probably too often. I weigh once in the morning and once at night. Sometimes during the day just out of curiosity. But I have learned not to let day to day fluctuations upset me. I am just interested in my own personal fluctuations and how certain foods/behaviors effect my body. I only weigh at night to see how much different it is in the morning- really interesting!

That's what I do as well.
  • jperrysunlover
    jperrysunlover Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Generally, once each week.
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    Whenever I go to the doctors office. Last week I weighed between 213lbs and 219lbs. That number isn't important to me. Body fat % means more than that or BMI. Well to me it does!
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Once a day at minimum. I realize that my weight fluctuates so it doesn't bother me. It's actually very interesting to me how much you can actually fluctuate. At most, I have seen an easy 8 pound gain OR loss during the day depending the circumstances. I record my weight daily but only from my morning weigh-in which has been the most consistent (but I have still seen up to 3lbs difference day to day).

Dope
  • foraMEthatiLOVE
    Options
    Every Monday morning, before breakfast. =)
  • armaretta
    armaretta Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    It sounds obsessive, but I actually purposely weigh myself three times per day: once in the morning before I eat, once in the afternoon before exercise, and once before bed. I don't do this with any expectation of magical weight loss. I like to graph out and keep tabs on how my food, water, and nutrient choices affect my water retention. I have a tendency to eat way too much sodium, so I kind of see it as a reminder to flush out with plenty of water and go light on the salt. I probably drink 1.5-2 gallons of water per day. I am not at all surprised if I am 3-4lbs heavier in the evening, than in the morning. I only record my morning weight though. It also helps me to know what to expect during my TOM as far as weight goes. If i suddenly go up an additional 5lbs over two days during my TOM, it keeps me from panicking.

Come to think of it, maybe I'm control obsessive... my husband might be right about something after all!
  • SkinnyBitchMode19
    SkinnyBitchMode19 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Every morning!

But i only record my weight on Thursdays.

I think weighing myself every morning helps keep me on track.
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every single morning after I go to the bathroom and peel off my nightclothes. I can usually tell before I even stand on the scale if I've gained a pound or two in retained water (I'd be aware if I ate 7000 calories). It's one of the things that get me out of bed, looking forward to seeing if I'm down to the 120s yet.

I can't figure out how people who only weigh themselves once a week or less know what they really weigh. I've been really good one day and still put on a couple of pounds overnight, and I've been ridiculously bad and lost overnight. What if you're once a month just happens to coincide with a "bad" weigh-in but you're actually much lighter regularly? That would discourage me to no end.
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Probably too often. I weigh once in the morning and once at night. Sometimes during the day just out of curiosity. But I have learned not to let day to day fluctuations upset me. I am just interested in my own personal fluctuations and how certain foods/behaviors effect my body. I only weigh at night to see how much different it is in the morning- really interesting!

But if you are easily discouraged, I suggest once or twice a week. I really only count my weigh in once a week (Saturday morning).

It is whatever works for you!

THIS...I weight everyday, sometimes twice a day, but I only log my weight on Monday mornings because I believe the weekend counts. I know the weekends helped contribute to the weight gain, so they have to help contribute to the loss too. I also have taken to measuring myself every two weeks. Measuring helps make the effects concrete because they scale is just springs and dials that can change with every step you take on it.
  • lucyclementmiller
    lucyclementmiller Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    So I'm now a week in, and I have to say I'm glad I only weigh in once a week. I can definitely see myself wanting to weigh in every morning but I think I'd get obsessed with it. I was excited about my 2.6 weight loss this week and I think I will look forward to that every Monday morning. I may do a weigh in on Thursday mornings just to check and see where I am halfway through the week to keep me on track :)
  • sunraze
    sunraze Posts: 115
    Options
    Every day that I can. When I'm not at home I try to weigh at a store or whatever. I have to be thinking about it all the time to be focused. I also measure my waist everyday---it's the area of the most fluctuation on me so sometimes it's more accurate than my weight.
  • mamadragon
    mamadragon Posts: 110
    Options
    every day when at work (except during summer then once a week)
  • JWoodyard07
    JWoodyard07 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have a bad relationship with my scale. I am almost obsessed with stepping on it. I know I should probably only weigh myself once a week, but weigh myself sometimes twice a day. I do notice the one to two pound flux every once in a while and complain, but know that it is not really weight.