Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,591 Member
    Options
    Nnnnn
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,135 Member
    Options
    Macka- the black light works great you can definitely find all scorpions that are out and about. They can hide in nooks and crannies though. The whale pictures are awesome. My husband and I were on a jet ski in porta Vallarta and a mother and her calf surfaced 10 yards from us. We quickly moved so not to get tipped!
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Feeling better! Yesterday I didn't have to take the Dramamine type medicine. No swirling. I also didn't take any antihistamines, so I wasn't foggy yesterday. Last night slept peaceful, but my dream was weird! I think I went to another planet!! I was just walking in downtown to my Moms work and then things, places, stopped looking familiar. Very unsettling, and so detail, even now 20 minutes later.

Today is laundry day. Heading to our community center for Thanksgiving. They have a great crew every year, and its an event open to the public. Saving the bird for Christmas.
    My middle son is hosting it, being that he has a new place! Strange text from him the other day. I had given him his younger brothers phone number and they had talked. So then middle son texted me asking what dates his younger brother was taking during Christmas. I texted back saying he hasn't given me any dates. Then he comes back with, " well he told me that he told you". I texted back, " um no dates have been mentioned". Why would my younger son have said that? Doesn't he realize that his brother and I talk text back and forth? Strange.

Well time for my first cuppa Joe!
    Have a great day y'all
    Becca
    91uuscqiy3yh.jpg

I remake of a Rockwell painting, no disrespect to the Norman Rockwell lovers.
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,371 Member
    Options
    Mary - I can see why you love your AZ spot! Is it mainly a "snowbird" community? Retired folks? How nice to be in an active community like that. And those scorpions certainly add to the ambiance, :o . Good idea getting that black light!

Kim
    - so glad you won't have to deal with the icky boss at the kid's camp any more. Hopefully someone really neat will replace him. B) Don't blame you for doing the happy dance!! I've been there and I'm doing a few dance steps with you. May he end up in a job that suits him better! Far away, lol.

Becca - so glad you are doing better!

Katla
    - sorry you keep trading the crud with your DH. Some of these things are just hard to shake. Beef sounds good! Instead of turkey, we'll be having a nice Italian meal - Pizza made by yours truly.

Janetr
    - I believe you are thinking of Toni in Tennessee - I miss her too and wonder how she is getting along. Hope she's doing well. I think she had good support from her son.

Joyce - I am worried about you and the effects of all those meds you are taking. Please don't get woozy and fall and break something!! :s So nice of you to include that fellow with spina bifida in your Christmas giving; I'm sure he'll appreciate the CD and towels and rubber ducky as well. Hope Thanksgiving dinner goes well. That's something about your nephew's gal friend/wife? and all those kids. I don't think many men would be as accepting of her shenanigans.

Machka
    - that's some whale! I recall killer whales in Puget Sound a lot, especially when I've been on the ferries in the San Juan Islands. OK, I'm going to have to check out Duolingo and see if I can pick up some Spanish. I applaud all of you that are taking on learning new languages!

Wendy
    - sorry to hear you picked up the crud and glad it isn't malaria! Good deal on the doc visit and prescription cost. Cost very similar to what my direct care doc charges. Next time I'm in their office I am going to find out if they tend to broken bones. I'd rather go there than the ER. I know they have a price for casts on their services sheet.....hhhmmm. Good luck too with the half marathon, I know you were looking forward to it.

OK, I found an address for Lenora but no phone number. If MapQuest is right, she's not that far from Albany. Hopefully she will check in with us today! Sending thoughts and prayers her way!!

Lanette
    Unseasonably warm SW WA State
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Lanette, Its warm here too! In the 60's, but rainy and gray!
    Becca
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Becca: I love the Mickey Mouse Thanksgiving Feast. :bigsmile:

Lanette: I hope that you're right and Lenora is able to check in with us soon. It sounded pretty bad to me, but I'm no expert on her illness. :flowerforyou:

The dog is back to liquid yellow poo again. I need to contact the Vet. Unfortunately, DH & I are having tummy trouble, too. It is a good thing that we decided not to travel this Thanksgiving.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,371 Member
    Options
    Katla - did they test your dog for giardia? I thought that might have been the problem with my pups - they didn't test for that and it wasn't that yellow, took a long time to clear up (I thought) so it must have been run of the mill bacterial infection. Your poor pupster!

It's T-shirt weather and my DH just built a fire in the woodstove :#:# We have different internal thermostats, lol.

Lanette
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,270 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I remember Lenora's post and I have been worrying ever since. Let's hope someone replies to the letter.

Today has been mega busy. Our cleaner couldn't come, so the agency sent a replacement as I was panicking about the viewing and our house guests this weekend. Of course I decided to take on the kitchen and gave it a real scrub. My units are hand built and have lots of little ledges so dust and crumbs collect there and we love our seeded breads which get everywhere. Then I decided that we needed to clean out the fridge because DSIL makes her own cups of tea etc, so opens it for milk. DH had to scrub it out! I washed and brushed the front porch and DH did the back windows.
    All was sparkling so we left to get shopping for our guests while the viewing was on. (They don't like you there). After shopping we lingered for a while and DH bought a sweater. :D
    Came home, unpacked and collapsed.

Pleased with today's efforts. I've set out all new non allergen toiletries in the guest room for DSIL, who has problems with perfume etc. Changed the batteries in the night torches, ( to avoid activating the fan and waking the partner up). Bought flowers. Tomorrow I'm making coconut and tomato soup in the IP and hummus with chicken peas I previously cooked in the IP. On Friday night we are having orange cake when they arrive in the pm. Nibbles of Babaganoush, hummus and olives early evening with Prosecco and then the soup (Indian) followed by serve yourself tortillas with veggie chilli, Barbecoa Beef, guacamole, pico de gallo, lettuce and sour cream. Then stinky and other cheeses, then plum kulfi (he is Indian ) with plum puree. Plums from our tree. :D
    Should be delicious. He is veggie and allergic to fish.

Saturday breakfast is croissants and fresh fruit salad. Then early lunch of marinated veggies, cheese and cold meats. Then we are probably going to Winchester Christmas Market, the biggest in the country, and I will pick up my necklaces which are being restrung, and some Dim Sum. There will quite likely be some Gluhwein at the market. >:)
    Saturday evening we are going out to the gastro pub by taxi after more orange cake for tea. Thank goodness!
    Then Sunday morning I have made egg bites gor DH and DSIL and steel cut oats for me and the boyfriend. I want to see if the egg bites survive freezing. Fruit salad.
    Then they are leaving to travel to London to have lunch with her daughter! :noway:

I find it all very enjoyable, but also very stressful and I'm always glad when visitors leave, however much I love them.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Options
    Hi my friends! What did we used to call ourselves? There was a name we had….shoot I can’t remember it! Well it’s cold but sunny and tomorrow will be delightful and in the 60s. I’m looking forward to Thanksgiving; I really enjoy that day and the cooking. DH and I vowed to enjoy it no matter who came or for how long. We have some weekend plans and lots to do to get ready to leave, but tomorrow will be a happy day!

Sue: glad to hear about the remission! That’s awesome!

Terry: I hope you are starting to heal!

Cathy: welcome!

Fancy: scorpion hunting? I’d run!

Kim: glad that work things will improve now. Happy dance for that, but not the Christmas music on my end lol.

Katla: I hope you and DH start feeling better soon! I have had kitties with clostridium before and that causes diarrhea too.

Joyce: oooh, take care of yourself! Make someone else do the work and just boss them around!

Allie: I don’t have contact information for Lenora…sorry! Has anyone heard from Sylvia lately?

Wendy: I’m sorry about your loss and will be thinking of you and your friend.

Lisa: I always feel so bad for kids when their non-custodial parent is a jerk and causes problems.

Machka (and others!): I grew up in Hawaii and we had scorpions everywhere. You had to shake out your shoes before putting them on. Bleh!

Michele: you stay so busy! Now I’m getting worried about Lenora and her health.

Becca: glad you are feeling better!

OK all I’m out for the day. Take care. Meg from Omaha
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    I have messaged Lenora's sister on Facebook and asked her to let me know if Lenora is OK. I will let you know if she replies.
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,943 Member
    Options
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    spikeyhair wrote: »
    drKatiebug didn't realise you could do screenshot on ipad well we learn something new every day, thanks for recipe I love sprouts

Kate

Kate, How do you do a screen shot on a tablet. I'd love that capability.

Janetr OKC

You hold down the on/off button and the home button simultaneously. You will hear a click that lets you know it was successful. Then you find the screenshot in you4 photos.

Easy Peasy!

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,270 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    My screenshot on the Samsung Galaxy is by sweeping the screen with the side of your hand. I use it a lot, but I sometimes have to give it several sweeps before it works. :o

Thanks Carol for your efforts re Lenora. Let's hope we hear something. <3

Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Lanette: I don't know whether our dog was tested for giardia. The initial problem was caused by stress from days of fireworks. He evidently burned out part of his digestive system with worry. Poor baby. I'll ask when I go in to pick up the medicine later today. :smiley:

Peach: Thanks for messaging Lenora's sister. I hope she has positive news for us. :star:

DH & I stayed home rather than travel to a family Thanksgiving celebration because we've both been under the weather. I can report that my headache is finally easing enough that I notice it a tiny bit of improvement. I don't think DH is to that point yet.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

• w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Katia: Do check with your veterinarian about giardia. My DH is a vet; and care should be taken as giardia can be transmitted between pets and people. It should be ruled out.

CityJaneLondon: your profile pic background looks similar to a pic we took in Tauranga NZ.
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Ooooo
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,943 Member
    Options
    The only sweet potatoes they had at Kroger were humongous, so I am baking them in my new countertop roaster that Michele talked me into buying and Carol swears I will love. Thought I’d try it out before sticking a turkey in it. It’s pretty nice, but it is huge. It will have to live on a shelf in the garage when not in use.

I did my shoulder workout this morning, but instead of walking I put on my hiking boots and picked up sticks and pulled vines for an hour and 15 minutes in the “natural” area of my front yard. I got my 10,000 steps so I’m counting 3 miles! It looks so much better out there. Dave came out and blew the leaves out of the garage and off the driveway. It looks much more civilized.

K
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Wow I am sweating after going out to feed critters this afternoon. Weather app says we have 97% humidity and it is over 60* out there. I am cleaning house today. We are having DS and his fiance and my DGD over for dinner tomorrow. We are also celebrating DH's birthday which is on Friday. Should be a good day. We are having ham instead of turkey because that is what DH wants.

Welcome to the newbies.

Sending healing angels to all who are ailing and congratulations to those with victories.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA