Introverts Unite!!!

Options

Replies

• PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »

We're still here, not talking to one another...
    Good to know!!!

If we did try to converse, it would just be awkward anyway. :smirk:

I don't know what you're talking about. I have so much to discuss.

For instance, I made baked beans today. Also on Sunday. And that's like my whole week so far.
  • rawrrgenn
    rawrrgenn Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    me too c:
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    Adamanda5 wrote: »
    I mostly identify as an introvert because my personality and participation shrink with strangers in the room. But when I'm with a small group of friends or family I'm a completely different person. I'm downright hilarious, but you are all just going to have to take my word for it.

I'm sort of the same way, minus the hilarious part. The more people involved, the quieter I am, but if you put me one on one with someone I'm comfortable around, I'll jabber for hours!
  • manicrose84
    manicrose84 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi fellow introverts!

I’ve always been shy and I get so frustrated with myself. I’ve been going to my current gym for just over a year and the staff there are absolutely lovely but I still struggle to talk to them. Same with all the regulars I see in there too. If I manage to say hi to them it almost feels like a victory. They probably just think I’m really anti social :(
  • amandaeve
    amandaeve Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    To all the struggling introverts out there, it always helps me to remember that there are extroverts out there with shyness and social anxiety too, and how much worse it must be for them. Remember social skills are just that, skills, and they can be learned without you having to change any of your personality or fight any of your natural introversion. :)
  • karingeleynse191
    Options
    Sometimes I am so insecure or peopled out I have a hard time actually going and working out in the gym. I'll have a work out planned and I get there and it's busy so I panic and hide in the corner on one of the bikes. It often throws my work out schedule offend I miss days :( it's honestly hard! I used to have a 24hr gym and it was great cause I was in school and I went at 1am after a long day of studying and the gym was totally empty. But now I had to switch to a cheaper gym that doesn't have the 24hr feature. Any suggestions?
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Kadoober wrote: »
    Did someone unite introverts? -- feel free to add me if you'd like some extra support :smiley:

kcg3drf4zvc3.gif

Jenna did it. She did it!
    Now - to our private spaces!! Away!!!

lol that's exactly how I would answer the call. I like my home time and I never have any one over because I like my space
  • Kadoober
    Kadoober Posts: 289 Member
    Options

lol that's exactly how I would answer the call. I like my home time and I never have any one over because I like my space

I think I like the IDEA of having people over more than the reality. I always want to plan little get togethers and stuff, and my husband says 'You know you are going to wish you hadn't decided to do this the day of, so let's just not, k?'

• aerosolo
    aerosolo Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »

Interesting observation about clashing at work. I'm also an ISTJ. My former boss and mentor (a man I felt privileged to work with for 5 years) was the exact opposite - ENFP. Yet our working relationship was always brilliant! We even joked about how we should hate working together.

I tested so strongly as INTJ that my roommates couldn't understand how I was surviving waiting tables. Then I put on my "work" persona and resulted in ENFP. Even having moved on to an engineering job (hallelujah) I never want to see another living being after work.
  • bhoops75
    bhoops75 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Total introvert here. Feel free to add me
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Yikes..it's an uprising
    :D
  • Aint2Proud2Meg
    Aint2Proud2Meg Posts: 193 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    We're uniting but like...in our own homes
    That's just my speed :smile:
    MFP is the one place where I'm not a ball of shyness and anxiety. I've got a great group of pals on here and am happy to have more!
  • kb1927
    kb1927 Posts: 32 Member
    Options

Kadoober wrote: »

I think I like the IDEA of having people over more than the reality. I always want to plan little get togethers and stuff, and my husband says 'You know you are going to wish you hadn't decided to do this the day of, so let's just not, k?'

I'm so there with you. My extrovert husband from a big family LOVES to have big get togethers. We've settled into a nice routine where we throw big shindigs about 4 times a year, and he's in charge of inviting guests (we move a ton, and I'm always impressed that he can get 40 people together 4 months after a move to a new state, while I make 1 or 2 very close friends in 2 years) and offering drinks and mingling, and I get to plan and buy and cook all the food then take the next day or two off to recover.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,334 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say hi, I joined this group a while back but I don't think I said anything yet. I'll just share something current. because of circumstances, I wasn't able to do my usual things like volunteer at no kill animal shelter, or go to gym (hubby was working on my car for a week) so I actually started to feel lonely, even tho I mostly volunteer during the week when there's hardly anyone else there & go to gym in early afternoon when there's hardly anyone there either. I do like to go out almost everyday after taking dogs out tho, I take my 6 dogs out everyday, dog park during the week & walk on weekends, although I have been enjoying walking more, so been going to dog park a little less. So I was feeling bad that I only have 2 friends & don't see them very often & was thinking of making more friends. But the more I thought about what I would have to do to have more friends, the more I didn't want to go through all the work plus then I'd have to make time for them, so I decided not to & I feel relieved now. lol
    My best friend did come over for the afternoon today & it was so nice spending time with her. I really like her because she does most of the talking. I'm all peopled out. I do like to talk but one on one. I really don't like to be in a crowd or group. I get most of my socializing at the dog park when I talk a little about dogs & at the rescue when I talk a little with the board member whos there during the week. I do text a lot mostly with my grown daughter-several times a day & my 3 grown son's sometime & my 2 friends. I'm glad to be here
  • jenna_mikewolf
    jenna_mikewolf Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    kimcalica wrote: »
    I’m an introvert, part time (bipolar) lmao.. isolation really helped me lose a great deal of my weight! (130 lbs) I did all my workouts from home for the first 4 years! Part of what keeps me going is the creativity of my workouts

I love to create my own workouts!!
  • aarie03
    aarie03 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello - I also joined MyFitnessPal awhile back. I've finally realized I have a serious addiction to food (particularly carbs) and tried to join a support group. But their requirements were a bit too rigid for me (at least right away) and someone was very hurtful about it, so I felt completely rejected. I've made a modified low carbs plan to help me stay on track and am just looking for someone to check in with, whether it's an individual or a group. So if anyone would like to check in with each other (online and not phone calls and meetings) that's what I'm comfortable with. And your definition of your plan doesn't need to match mine for both to be successful and supported <3
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    I will always accept friends.
    I'm low-carbish... moderate, not ultra-low though, but I have non-LC friends, too. "Whatever works" is how I feel about anyone's plan/approach.
    If I "like" your updates, I DID actually read it and care enough to click. Sometimes I'm feeling more E and will actually comment. :smirk:

baconslave wrote: »

We're still here, not talking to one another...
    Good to know!!!

If we did try to converse, it would just be awkward anyway. :smirk:

I don't know what you're talking about. I have so much to discuss.

For instance, I made baked beans today. Also on Sunday. And that's like my whole week so far.

You should hear my sis and I try to talk on the phone to keep in touch... :confounded:
  • cs2thecox
    cs2thecox Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I'm so I that I binned all my friends on here, and only have people I actually know in real life. :|

(Works for me. I got freaked out by people I have literally never met being all like "Yay you logged in for 2 weeks"! Now I have my PT and like 2 other people. My newsfeed is blissfully quite!)