Low Carb Struggles

Options
I started a low-carb diet nearly 3 weeks ago. Weight loss has been steady but I'm struggling on several points. I'm early 30s, 5'6", 279 lbs, female.

1. I never feel full or satisfied - always hungry no matter what/how often I eat.
2. At what point will my digestive track acclimate? Every other day seems to bring a different gastrointestinal challenge.
3. This has my lady organs all confused. My TOM nearly coincided with the start of this diet change and I've yet to stop spotting (both bright and dark colors). What is the deal?

I've read that these results are normal for 3 or 4 days but I'm well pass that point.

I drink plenty of water, 1 cup of herbal tea or decaf coffee per day, no alcohol, limited fruits/nuts/dairy/seeds. I'm hard core into the green leafies, eggs, and baked/broiled/grilled meats, shrimp, and fish. I cook with either butter or olive oil. I haven't added cardio though I have been doing small bouts of body weight exercises throughout the day.

Has anyone else had similar issues? Any advice to help ease these effects? Maybe I'm doing something wrong...

Replies

• 150poundsofme
    150poundsofme Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Idk. But I would call your gynocologist asap and explain the above to her. Spotting in nothing to ignore. Hugs
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    What do your macros look like, particularly fat?

I don't know what your gastro issues are, but when i low carbed i had bad constipation. I had to take psyllium husk powder and magnesium capsules every day.
  • siv1979
    siv1979 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Just be in calorie deficit.... Eat carbs :)