new year's resolutions: lose 5-15 pounds by labor day

Options

Replies

• godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    I am my job's Team Captain for Relay for Life, through American Cancer Society, which I fundraise really hard for Jan-April, but I am putting $5 in my money bag for it now. Can't wait to see what causes other people are donating to!

you are so awesome! i am proud of you!

i donated my $5 kid going door-to-door selling things for his football team. i needed nothing so i just gave him the money. :) not as lofty this time, but it got it done and i felt good about it.
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    I didn't keep my challenge of not stepping on the scale this week, but I definitely cut down the number of times I did. I only checked it maybe 3 times total as opposed to the 4 times daily. I will be checking in tomorrow and hope to have around a pound loss. I've been averaging a 3/4 pound loss the past 3 weeks. Good luck girls!

good job!
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    start weight: 141.0
    7/6 - 139.0 (-)
    7/13 - 139.0
    7/20 - 139.0
    7/27 - 138.5 (-)
    8/3 - 138.0 (-)
    8/10 -
    8/17 -
    8/24 -
    8/31 -
    9/7 -
    goal weight: 132.5

Trying super hard to see 137.0 on the scale on my next weigh-in. Leaving on vacation this Friday and I won't be back until Sat. the 13th! I will be able to log in through Monday but Tues-Fri next week I'll be floating in the Gulf of Mexico on my first cruise, so I won't be able to log in this board like usual. Hope everyone else saw some losses!
  • purple1butterfly
    purple1butterfly Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    The service was beautiful & the song chosen were just right. I ate loads & the wrong choices o well
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your loss purple1butterfly. I am glad the service was nice!
  • Charice
    Charice Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    start weight: 199.6
    7/6 - 199.8 grrr!
    7/13 - 197.3 :-)
    7/20 - 197.4
    7/27 - 197
    8/3 - 198.2 bleh :-(
    8/10 -
    8/17 -
    8/24 -
    8/31 -
    9/7 -
    goal weight: 189

I am soooooo sick of this plateau! I am working hard and i am seeing some changes in body composition, but I would like to see the scale move too! This has been going on for 3 months!! Oh well, back to work I guess!

BTW, I donated $10 to my local food bank! Thanks for the suggestion.
  • Joyjmb
    Joyjmb Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I'm actually in maintenance on my food plan for 2 more weeks before I start another round of trying intently to lose, so I'm a little surprised I continue to drop weight, but of course, I will not quibble!
    Had great moments this week in new clothes and people really noticing my hard work. Some days were mentally a little sad and I'm trying not to beat myself up too much.
    Thanks so much to you all for inspiration and encouragement.

start weight: 223.2
    7/6 - 220.8
    7/13 - 219.4
    7/20 - 219
    7/27 - 217.4 (-5.8 lbs)
    8/3 - 216.2 (-7.0 lbs)
    8/10 -
    8/17 -
    8/24 -
    8/31 -
    9/7 - Camping trip goal- new swimsuit!

Goal weight: 200 (argh! so close!)
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    if anyone wants to do a challenge this weekend, it is: TO FIGURE OUT A HEALTHY BARBEQUE CONTRIBUTION. i will post the challenge on thursdays after the weigh-in. it will be a random idea and you can chose to participate or not. if you do, have fun coming up with a side or main dish to bring to those labor day parties that are right around the corner! :) post the recipe here for all of us to enjoy.
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    Some days were mentally a little sad and I'm trying not to beat myself up too much.

i feel like that sometimes too when i think about why i let myself get to 'rock bottom' before doing anything to change it. i am proud of what i have done, but also embarrassed about even having to do it in the first place (if that makes sense). anyway, congrats on the compliments this week. i am proud of you!
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    Leaving on vacation this Friday and I won't be back until Sat. the 13th! I will be able to log in through Monday but Tues-Fri next week I'll be floating in the Gulf of Mexico on my first cruise, so I won't be able to log in this board like usual.

have fun lady!
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    I am soooooo sick of this plateau! I am working hard and i am seeing some changes in body composition, but I would like to see the scale move too! This has been going on for 3 months!! Oh well, back to work I guess!

BTW, I donated $10 to my local food bank! Thanks for the suggestion.

i hear ya! i had an 11-week plateau and i was super frustrated. just keep doing what you're doing and it will break.

great job on donating!!!
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    The service was beautiful & the song chosen were just right. I ate loads & the wrong choices o well

hugs. sorry you are going through this hard time.
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    this morning my scale read 121.7. i need to keep this up so i can be back on track next week. :) one-teens, here i come!
  • ralison
    ralison Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    this morning my scale read 121.7. i need to keep this up so i can be back on track next week. :) one-teens, here i come!

Good luck! You'll eventually get there!
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    Jumping in really late on this challenge!

Hi, I'm Melody. I used to participate in these challenges and then I hit a huge plateau and then I went AWOL over the summer and now I am back and trying to get re-motivated. I have lost not quite 40 pounds and have 70ish left to go to get to a healthy weight. I love reading, cooking except for right now when it is consistently 100+ degrees outside, and have just started a new challenge of homeschooling a kindergartner. I'm also in training to walk my 2nd 5K in September... or will be if the heat will ever let up so I can breathe while training. My life is in way too much flux.

start weight (8/4): 200.6
    8/10 -
    8/17 -
    8/24 -
    8/31 -
    9/7 -
    goal weight: 194 (which is my start weight when I started Weight Watchers years ago...)
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome Melody!!!
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    Jumping in really late on this challenge!

Hi, I'm Melody. I used to participate in these challenges and then I hit a huge plateau and then I went AWOL over the summer and now I am back and trying to get re-motivated. I have lost not quite 40 pounds and have 70ish left to go to get to a healthy weight. I love reading, cooking except for right now when it is consistently 100+ degrees outside, and have just started a new challenge of homeschooling a kindergartner. I'm also in training to walk my 2nd 5K in September... or will be if the heat will ever let up so I can breathe while training. My life is in way too much flux.

start weight (8/4): 200.6
    8/10 -
    8/17 -
    8/24 -
    8/31 -
    9/7 -
    goal weight: 194 (which is my start weight when I started Weight Watchers years ago...)

hugs lady! i glad you are back! great job on maintaining.
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    this morning my scale read 122.2. wrong direction, but my meals were full of carbs yesterday. boo.
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    this morning my scale read 123.1. i think i am getting progesterone bloat because my waist size went up 3 inches as well. :(
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    this morning my scale read 123.4. to think just four short days ago, i was at 121.7. i can't find anything in my closet to wear and it feels crummy. it reminds me of why i started trying to lose weight in the first place. :(