Slender Sisters <3 Introduction Thread (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Thursday is good for me too...I am actually have TOM coming up any time now, so I am going to weigh in tomorrow with the weight I got today since I know I am retaining water right now!

I am so happy to have a group to come to every day, mfp REALLY worked for me back in 2008 when the community was much smaller. It is a lot harder to find a good solid 'group' on here these days so I already feel lucky to know you ladies.

On another note, I gave up sweet tea today, and if you know anyone from NC, you know we LOVE our sweet tea. I don't drink soda, so cutting out the tea is the last step towards a less sugary diet. ugh!
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    So are we weighing in on Thursdays?? I weigh everyday so I'm not picky about a particular day to officially do it!! Can't wait to see everyone's successes!!
  • nomnomgal
    Options
    Oh dear! I should have read this thread before I started the day. Then I would have weighed before I had such a big breakfast! I'll weigh tomorrow instead, a bit nervous! Also have my TOM so not expecting a fantastic result. But we'll take it as it comes!
  • chrissypops
    chrissypops Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I normally weigh in wed, but ill use that and put it on our thursday weigh in ! Hope u girls are ok today.. need to sort out my signiture xx
  • elliej3
    elliej3 Posts: 29
    Options
    iluvsparkles: Well done on the tea thing! I had to do the same with fruit juices, i used to be all juice all the time but now i'm almost craving water instead, so in time it will come :D

Ah yes TOM is such a pain, its annoying how you KNOW that you will weigh more but you are still disappointed by what shows up on the scale... Oh well! In other news i'm really happy for all of us and im so flattered that you guys like the idea of this group, i think i will create an "Advice" thread in motivation and support for all of us to just generally talk about problems and stuff, and get a little closer. Sound good?

Lets see some numbers for today ladies, for our first of many, official slender sister's weigh in on Thursday 4th August 2011.

Me first...
    elliej3:198lb
  • sweetsapphire85
    Options
    As of this morning...

Megan: 144
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    Alrighty, first weigh in for iluvsparkles: 175.5
  • Tlkt1969
    Tlkt1969 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Name (what you would like to be called, could be username or a nickname): Traci

Three words that describe you: outgoing, honest, compassionate

Family situation: Married to the man of my dreams he came into my life at a time when I thought I would never find love again (this is my 2nd marriage) I have two wonderful sons one is 18 and leaving for college in 9 days and the other one is 13 going to be an 8th grader.

Why do you want to lose weight?: I have to get healthy to be around to watch my children and grand children grow up and I am tired of looking the way I do!!!

Have you tried losing weight before?: YES!!!

Current Weight: 204

How much you want to lose: 60 pounds

What is your top tip for everyone out there?: Live, Love and most of all Laugh you never know what will happen tomorrow life each day to the fullest.
  • scheherazade315
    scheherazade315 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    My first weigh in is 180.2.
  • audram420
    Options
    I'm afraid to post it, I don't want to jinx it...hehehe...

Come on girls, lets do this!!

I gotta an idea...do we want to do a challenge?? maybe something like a virtual 5K and we all run or walk 3.2 miles and time it...winner gets to choose next challenge!! Just throwing ideas out there! =)

Have a wonderful week everyone...friend me if you haven't already!
  • asiavenetia
    asiavenetia Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Good Mornin Ladies =)

My first weigh in is holding strong at 304.

Its my TOM too, and the scale has not moved in either direction- so atleast I havent gained.
  • chrissypops
    Options
    Mines 162lbs x

Just noticed audram that your a lb off ur mini goal weight for end of aug, well done chick ! A virtual walk/ run would be a good idea I think xx

I'm gonna start putting my name at the bottom of my posts cos i don't know about anyone else but I'm rubbish with names! Xx

Chrissy :)
  • elliej3
    elliej3 Posts: 29
    Options
    Haha good idea Chrissy, its better when we can call someone by what they like to be called... i dont know if that made sense but you get what i mean.

And yes guys i love the idea of a little challenge! I think for the first one it won't be a competition, but just where we all combine our distances to get a goal for the week, for example we could walk a marathon or two together :D Lets wait until Monday when we can see how many members we really have and then we can try and get some goals sorted :)
  • Jeffnjo
    Jeffnjo Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    @ iluvsparkles have you tried the mio sweet tea flavor?? It is O calories, it is by the crystal light in our stores here. The McDonalds sweet tea is my favorite, haven't had it since I seen how many calories it has!! Good luck!

Ok my weight for the first weigh in is 173.4.

Hope everyone has a great day!
  • Erica92627
    Erica92627 Posts: 576
    Options
    First weight.. it goes up and down.....but today im 166 :(
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    @ iluvsparkles have you tried the mio sweet tea flavor?? It is O calories, it is by the crystal light in our stores here. The McDonalds sweet tea is my favorite, haven't had it since I seen how many calories it has!! Good luck!

Ok my weight for the first weigh in is 173.4.

Hope everyone has a great day!

I will give that a shot! I will have to look into what mio is sweetened with. I have only ever tried splenda one time and I got my first optical migraine that same day, so I haven't tried it or any artificial sweeteners at all since.

I have already slipped a little today though, I got a wild berry tea from wendys. It is oh so yummy and sweetened with berry puree, but it's still sweet tea! Baby steps!
  • audram420
    Options
    Haha good idea Chrissy, its better when we can call someone by what they like to be called... i dont know if that made sense but you get what i mean.

And yes guys i love the idea of a little challenge! I think for the first one it won't be a competition, but just where we all combine our distances to get a goal for the week, for example we could walk a marathon or two together :D Lets wait until Monday when we can see how many members we really have and then we can try and get some goals sorted :)

Great Idea...lets start monday with a little challenge...so glad I found you...I need a group!!
  • audram420
    Options
    Mines 162lbs x

Just noticed audram that your a lb off ur mini goal weight for end of aug, well done chick ! A virtual walk/ run would be a good idea I think xx

I'm gonna start putting my name at the bottom of my posts cos i don't know about anyone else but I'm rubbish with names! Xx

Chrissy :)

Thanks Chrissy...yeah when I saw the #s dropping I really stepped it up!! Especially when people started noticing. You guys can call me Audra
  • angelacasey736
    angelacasey736 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon slender sisters! Hope everyone is having a great week. I have a small request - i am wondering if any of you who do not already have your diary public (or atleast public to your friends) would consider changing it. It has been very helpful to me viewing others diaries simply for ideas on how to re-vamp my eating habits or for just different ideas on food to keep it interesting. If you dont feel comfortable doing so i completely understand - just thought i would put it out there. Happy losing :smile:
  • chrissypops
    Options
    Good afternoon slender sisters! Hope everyone is having a great week. I have a small request - i am wondering if any of you who do not already have your diary public (or atleast public to your friends) would consider changing it. It has been very helpful to me viewing others diaries simply for ideas on how to re-vamp my eating habits or for just different ideas on food to keep it interesting. If you dont feel comfortable doing so i completely understand - just thought i would put it out there. Happy losing :smile:

Think thats a lovely idea, mines open to friends i do believe so people are welcome to have a nosey too xx. Im always looking for new ideas and recipes

chrissy x