Scrambled egg sandwiches , thoughts??

Options
I love them. They have protein and carbs. Anybody else make these?

Replies

• optionsguy88
    optionsguy88 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I don't know the difference between a fried egg sandwich and scrambled egg sandwich. Both instances, eggs are being cooked in a pan on storage top....
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Nah, i somehow tend to make a mess with food like that. i can't eat grains anyway, but i did find a recipe in which eggs were the wrap. I want to try that with maybe taco meat and toppings! The after mess seems worth it :D
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,375 Member
    Options
    I use egg makers & scramble them with ham & cheese mmmm
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    I love them. They have protein and carbs. Anybody else make these?

Yes I do this. Need to scramble the egg in large bits so there aren't so many tiny pieces falling out of the sandwich.
  • jdscrubs32
    jdscrubs32 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Into a wrap I put scrambled eggs, peanut butter and turkey rashers. Tasty.
  • stepea83
    stepea83 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    YES! butter and salted
  • AmyGerard12
    AmyGerard12 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Fritatta with chorizo - it's my choice
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I have a tiny little skillet, 4" diameter, which I use to cook egg for sandwiches. 1. Spray olive oil. 2. Break egg into tiny skillet. 3. Pierce yolk and stir egg in tiny skillet. 4. Turn on heat under tiny skillet to medium low, and wait a few minutes. The egg cooks solid just the right size for a sandwich, and in the assembled state nothing falls out. It goes well with bacon, kale, cheese, and a generous dashing of hot sauce.
  • bisonpitcher
    bisonpitcher Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    My thoughts are that they are delicious.
  • Lizakabibbis
    Lizakabibbis Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    my ultimate egg sandwich is - texas toast, fried egg, cheese, and bacon. Let's not forget to griddle it with mayo instead of butter. ahhhh, so good!
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    A mini-omelet or over medium egg on a sandwich, absolutely. Scrambled eggs I'll have in a low carb tortilla because they don't fall all over the place. Mission low carb tortilla, scrambled egg, a couple slices of avocado, a sprinkle of low-fat cheddar, and a spoonful of Frontera Chipotle Salsa.
  • gearhead426hemi
    gearhead426hemi Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    If you are watching bread or dairy I like to make Egg and Turkey Sausage muffins. Get the foil muffin liners and spray with cooking spray. Cook the turkey sausage and cut into small pieces. Pour the sausage in equal portions into the liners. Then just add the eggs or egg whites which ever you prefer right over the sausage. Bake @350 for 15-20 minutes. You can cook a weeks worth of breakfast and store in the fridge. Eat cold if you are in a hurry.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Not scrambled but fried or omelette style (I have a teeny tiny fry pan that cooks the eggs perfect size) to fit the toasted bread or I also use English muffins. Add cheese and bacon or Canadian bacon.. and viola awesomeness! :smile:
  • PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    I use superglue on the edges of the bread to keep the "hull integrity".
  • Lean59man
    Lean59man Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Sounds tasty.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    My favorite egg "sandwich" is eggs benedict but the hollandaise cals are a diet killer. So, I only have it once in awhile.

I also make a scrambled egg sandwich once in awhile but I consider the bread to be wasted cals and normally prefer to just eat the eggs alone.
  • Angieve1
    Angieve1 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    My favorite which I eat different variation of is a medium flour wrap with some cheese 1/2 cup of Egg white scramble with some tomato a little pink salt and pepper. I sometimes use cucumber or spinach depending on the mood. But that is my GO TO breakfast . I just love it. :smiley:
  • cs2thecox
    cs2thecox Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Omelette sandwiches are fab

Fried eggs go best in bacon sandwiches, but only in a situation where you don't mind dripping yolk down your chin! (If the yolk isn't runny, why bother with a fried egg at all?! :D )

Scrambled egg is great but in my mind lacks the structural integrity to make a satisfactory sandwich filling...