3 months down and a life time more to go..

Options

Replies

• AllyS7
    AllyS7 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Holy hell, great work! You look amazing.
  • Ih8Rain2
    Ih8Rain2 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    And, ya goota love that smile!!!

Enough to smile about :)
  • Ih8Rain2
    Options
    You look great! Nicely done!

Thank you Dancer

• Ih8Rain2
    Options
    Landofkim wrote: »
    Congrats ! What an achievement ! New clothes?
    Too much fun!

Thanks. The reward for hard work :)

• Ih8Rain2
    Options
    AllyS7 wrote: »
    Holy hell, great work! You look amazing.

Thanks. I am very happy with the inspiring feedback. It keeps me going!

• freedom2016mfp
    freedom2016mfp Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    At 53, your bringing SEXY BACK!
    Congratulations on your effort and determination!
  • Ih8Rain2
    Options
    happimess1 wrote: »
    Ih8Rain2 wrote: »
    I lost almost 22kg. Now I have switch to maintenance level. I try to grow some more mass now. It's not that easy. Next week I will be 53 and the response is slowing down.

I tend to stick to my macros. Low on simple carbs, maximise proteins. No sugars, soft drinks and juices. Plenty of fish, meat, chicken and vegetables. I take dairy in the morning. I have been on 1500-2000cals/day for a year. I have shifted to 2000-2500cals/day now. I keep track of my energy expenditure via a polar v360. I try to go to the gym 3 times per week but I can't always make it when I travel for job. What I have learned though is being in control of my food intake. I know when it is too much and I feel when it's not enough.

This is mindblowing! you outdid yourself..congratulations! if i am correct, it took you 10 months to drop 11 kgs eating 1500-2000 cals/day. That last 20 pounds is really hard to get rid off isnt it? What was your average deficit during this time?

It took about 10months to drop 20kg. I kept a deficit of about 500 cal/day. Sometimes more. If you hit a plateau you have to revisit your deficit or your exercise routine. As long as you keep a deficit the kilos will drop no matter what.
  • Ih8Rain2
    Options
    I have my weight now stable at 89-90kg for 6 months
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    You look hot
  • Ih8Rain2
    Options
    amtyrell wrote: »
    You look hot

Thanks
  • Schila64
    Schila64 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    wwdwexom2gmb.jpg
    Inspirational !! It shows that at any age, anything is achievable. CONGRATS and don't look back !!!
  • philfinallyfit
    philfinallyfit Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My new friend, you look fantastic. I started around a month later than you did (July 17th), and was on a march until my success made me think I could go back to my old ways of eating earlier this autumn. What a mistake! I got back on the program eating-wise, though I have been consistent since July on my weightlifting regimen. (SL 5x5)

That's a positive, although I think I allowed myself to think that I should eat more starting around October, as the weight progression in the SL 5x5 was getting up there: adding 5 lbs. every day you lift, 3 times per week. More weight for more muscle meant feeding that muscle...sort of a "cut/feed" cycling for the first time. In hindsight I wish I had kept cutting, which for me was very similar to what you are doing: 1600-1800 calories per day.

Last week I decided to cap my lift-increasing increments and just try to maintain the weights I had built up to. (e.g. 250 lb. squat) This, while going back to my 1600-1800 cal/day regimen. In effect, my "feed" phase is over, and I plan on cutting all the way to where the fat is gone. I started at around 230 lbs. and got down to 204 lbs. at my lowest, and think I gained about 10 lbs. back...with maybe 5 of that dropped this week. (I lose a lot at the beginning. I am hoping that I can not only "cut" all the way to 180 lbs., plus have the benefit of muscle being built since July.

What can you tell me in your experience that can help me here? I'm inspired that at 53, you look the way you do in the before/after pics, to say the least. As they say with resistance training, it is never too late to start, and you are Exhibit A. And you got there pretty quickly, using elements of the same program I have, albeit with much more strict adherence on the eating front...with me excusing the extra calories for muscles being built as I increased 5 lbs./lift and 15 lbs./week on the SL 5x5 program. I also have elected not to do cardio, in favor of muscle building, giving the positive effect on metabolism from increased muscle volume.

I appreciate any input you might have, and wish you continued resounding success!
  • culkin1
    culkin1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Nice job!
  • Mithridites
    Mithridites Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Looking sharp in your new suit!
  • Ih8Rain2
    Options
    My new friend, you look fantastic. I started around a month later than you did (July 17th), and was on a march until my success made me think I could go back to my old ways of eating earlier this autumn. What a mistake! I got back on the program eating-wise, though I have been consistent since July on my weightlifting regimen. (SL 5x5)

That's a positive, although I think I allowed myself to think that I should eat more starting around October, as the weight progression in the SL 5x5 was getting up there: adding 5 lbs. every day you lift, 3 times per week. More weight for more muscle meant feeding that muscle...sort of a "cut/feed" cycling for the first time. In hindsight I wish I had kept cutting, which for me was very similar to what you are doing: 1600-1800 calories per day.

Last week I decided to cap my lift-increasing increments and just try to maintain the weights I had built up to. (e.g. 250 lb. squat) This, while going back to my 1600-1800 cal/day regimen. In effect, my "feed" phase is over, and I plan on cutting all the way to where the fat is gone. I started at around 230 lbs. and got down to 204 lbs. at my lowest, and think I gained about 10 lbs. back...with maybe 5 of that dropped this week. (I lose a lot at the beginning. I am hoping that I can not only "cut" all the way to 180 lbs., plus have the benefit of muscle being built since July.

What can you tell me in your experience that can help me here? I'm inspired that at 53, you look the way you do in the before/after pics, to say the least. As they say with resistance training, it is never too late to start, and you are Exhibit A. And you got there pretty quickly, using elements of the same program I have, albeit with much more strict adherence on the eating front...with me excusing the extra calories for muscles being built as I increased 5 lbs./lift and 15 lbs./week on the SL 5x5 program. I also have elected not to do cardio, in favor of muscle building, giving the positive effect on metabolism from increased muscle volume.

I appreciate any input you might have, and wish you continued resounding success!

Hi Phil,

Sorry for my late reply. I haven’t been going through my blog very frequently. Let me know if you still have questions. I am not an expert but I can share my experience and goals if you like.

Happy New Year

Ed
  • Ih8Rain2
    Options
    An update picture after 705 days since I started my program
  • jc1961AA
    jc1961AA Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    wwdwexom2gmb.jpg

That's impressive, I am 56 and that's the kind of goal I would love to achieve. Started on December 04 last year and already lost 4kg. A bit of setback with a cold/flu illness right now and can't wait to go back again at it. But seeing your pictures and your journey is a real inspiration.
  • Shull_rachael
    Shull_rachael Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Great job!!
  • Ih8Rain2
    Options
    jc1961AA wrote: »
    wwdwexom2gmb.jpg

That's impressive, I am 56 and that's the kind of goal I would love to achieve. Started on December 04 last year and already lost 4kg. A bit of setback with a cold/flu illness right now and can't wait to go back again at it. But seeing your pictures and your journey is a real inspiration.

Take your time. I don’t know how much you want to lose and what you want to achieve but make it a fitting lifestyle. Good luck!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!