Scrambled egg sandwiches , thoughts??

Options

Replies

• sytchequeen
    sytchequeen Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    cs2thecox wrote: »
    If the yolk isn't runny, why bother with a fried egg at all?!

I don't even need to check your profile to know you're a Brit! That is doing egg sandwiches right ^^^

• ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I'm a fried egg sammy person all the way. That delicious yolk is just, it's life giving.
  • Ohwhynot
    Ohwhynot Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Hamsibian wrote: »
    Nah, i somehow tend to make a mess with food like that. i can't eat grains anyway, but i did find a recipe in which eggs were the wrap. I want to try that with maybe taco meat and toppings! The after mess seems worth it :D
    That's kinda like that taco bell egg taco thing... How does that even hold up unless the eggs are SO overcooked?

• RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I do a sunny side up egg with a piece of cheese! Yum! Gotta eat it quick though bc the yolk drips!
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    Never read these threads before lunch!

@jdscrubs32: peanut butter with eggs? Are you mad?
  • jdscrubs32
    jdscrubs32 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Never read these threads before lunch!

@jdscrubs32: peanut butter with eggs? Are you mad?

Dont knock it till you try it @Jthanmyfitnesspal
  • kaveryn
    kaveryn Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just had a scrambled egg sandwich. It was everything I thought it could be. Delicious.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I craved these every morning when I was pregnant with my first. And I had to put a Kraft single on it.. it couldn't be real cheddar... had to be the processed slice! It was so odd. Haha.
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options
    Dinner tonight was two scrambled egg paninis with ham and smoked gouda. Delicious!
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    I love them. They have protein and carbs. Anybody else make these?

Yes but it depends how finely scrambled the egg is. Lots of little pieces falling out of the sandwich is not fun.
  • EEAngelina
    EEAngelina Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I’m not supposed to eat bread/gluten there goes the sandwich.... but I like egg whites mixed with salsa or tomatoes yum!
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    Bake them in a muffin tin. They fit nicely on a toasted English muffin.
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Eggs, onions, peppers, mushrooms, meat (pork sausage, bacon, venison sausage, ham, chicken...whatever is on hand), cheese, spicy seasoning, a big splash of Sriracha sauce and rolled in flatbread.
  • chispaza
    chispaza Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I make them a lot for lunch, in fact I just had one. I do two eggs and usually some red bell pepper and avocado, maybe some tomato, some kind of meat (usually ham or turkey but I didn't have that today so I just threw in some leftover taco meat), and sometimes I add cheese. I scramble it all together and put some of it on an English muffin and just eat whatever is left over by itself.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Don't forget the butter!
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,979 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    This thread inspired me to make one of these today.

Whole wheat bread, 1 tbsp mayo, 1 small avocado, iceberg lettuce and 2 large scrambled eggs seasoned w/s&p. Had some tomatoes that I forgot to add but didn't need them.

It tasted great. Logged in at 580 cals, which is about what I normally eat for breakfast. Only drank black coffee w/it for a total of 585.
  • amlw17
    amlw17 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Just reading this thread made me so hungry :D
  • chapiano
    chapiano Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    poached egg on toast for me, love it