Breaking weight loss plateau

Options
Hi everyone. I'd like to ask if anyone has any tips on breaking weight loss plateau or has any experience with it. I've lost 19kg but I'm stuck right now and I've looked through the internet and most websites say that it's better to join a gym which I unfortunately can't due to college and my studies. So please share any information you have regarding this

Replies

• gabriellejayde
    gabriellejayde Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    How long has it been since you stopped losing? How much have you lost? What's your activity level like?
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Have you checked if there are any threads on the subject here on MFP?
  • Hammad142
    Hammad142 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    How long has it been since you stopped losing? How much have you lost? What's your activity level like?

It's been about a month and I've lost 19kg and my activity level is high since I run daily. There's also college so I'm not a lazy person anymore
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,522 Member
    Options
    There are endless threads about it. If you're in a period where you need to concentrate your efforts elsewhere, then just embrace the plateau. (The next hardest thing to losing is maintaining.)

If and when you're ready to reduce (and presuming you have weight to lose), you need to really dig into figuring out what you're eating. It's difficult while eating cafeteria food for sure.

Best of luck!
  • Hammad142
    Options
    Have you checked if there are any threads on the subject here on MFP?

I haven't checked out any threads on the subject here on MFP
  • lucerorojo
    lucerorojo Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    How are your classes? How can you function if you are eating so little? Are you tracking your food on MFP?
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Pump the brakes! You really need to give us more information because what you're telling us is frightening.

Height and weight? Are you measuring your calorie intake? If so, how? With a food scale? Are you measuring your calorie output? If so, how? How long have you been losing?
  • Hammad142
    Options
    lucerorojo wrote: »
    How are your classes? How can you function if you are eating so little? Are you tracking your food on MFP?

I take fiber in the morning and tbh after eating less I feel much better in class and yes I'm tracking my food here and every little thing
  • gcibsthom
    gcibsthom Posts: 30,138 Member
    Options
    Plateaus suck, but I think in some cases it is the body's way to catch up and try to compensate for the loss of incoming calories....I've had some last for a month....it is frustrating but makes you learn patience. For me, I would try a few things like going down to zero carbs, increasing water intake, etc. Nothing really helped. But mentally, I came to realize that it only frustrated me if I was setting weight goals. Instead, I started looking at this a a lifetime change, not a diet. I threw goals and deadlines out the window. So while plateaus still happened, it really didn't mean that much. I have reached my goal weight now and am maintaining....For me now, the "goal" is simply to eat healthy and exercise....not live for the scale....But it's different for everybody.
  • Hammad142
    Options
    Pump the brakes! You really need to give us more information because what you're telling us is frightening.

Height and weight? Are you measuring your calorie intake? If so, how? With a food scale? Are you measuring your calorie output? If so, how? How long have you been losing?

My height is 6ft and weight right now is 79kg and yes I am measuring my calorie intake but not my output and I've been losing for 3-4 months.
  • Hammad142
    Options
    Hammad142 wrote: »
    There are endless threads about it. If you're in a period where you need to concentrate your efforts elsewhere, then just embrace the plateau. (The next hardest thing to losing is maintaining.)

If and when you're ready to reduce (and presuming you have weight to lose), you need to really dig into figuring out what you're eating. It's difficult while eating cafeteria food for sure.

Best of luck!

Thank you and I get what you're saying but I'm not eating cafeteria food since I go to college from home ( it's a 40 minute drive). I've checked other threads and they say that they're eating 1500 or so calories but I've eating 800-1000 calories since the start and reduced it to 600 during the plateau yet no loss and unfortunately I don't have that much time since a couple of weddings are coming up and I wanna look even more slimmer than I look now. Give everyone a surprise.

How slimmer are you? Height/weight

If you die from malnutrition , that will certainly surprise everyone.

I'm 6ft and 79kg I don't think I'll die from malnutrition since I make sure I'm getting everything plus it's hard to die when everyone in your house is a doctor.
  • zephyre7
    zephyre7 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Taking any vitamins or supplements?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,634 Member
    Options

Best of luck!

Thank you and I get what you're saying but I'm not eating cafeteria food since I go to college from home ( it's a 40 minute drive). I've checked other threads and they say that they're eating 1500 or so calories but I've eating 800-1000 calories since the start and reduced it to 600 during the plateau yet no lossand unfortunately I don't have that much time since a couple of weddings are coming up and I wanna look even more slimmer than I look now. Give everyone a surprise.
    Well that's the problem. Anyone will initially lose weight on an EXTREME calorie deficit, but the body is really smart. You're NOT supplying enough calories for the body to function optimally so the body will LOWER your metabolic rate (especially at rest) to the point where you're burning less and less calories because of LACK OF CALORIES NEEDED.
    There is NO REASON to be on a VLCD unless you're morbidly obese and under a doctor's supervision.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options

Best of luck!

Thank you and I get what you're saying but I'm not eating cafeteria food since I go to college from home ( it's a 40 minute drive). I've checked other threads and they say that they're eating 1500 or so calories but I've eating 800-1000 calories since the start and reduced it to 600 during the plateau yet no loss and unfortunately I don't have that much time since a couple of weddings are coming up and I wanna look even more slimmer than I look now. Give everyone a surprise.

How slimmer are you? Height/weight

If you die from malnutrition , that will certainly surprise everyone.

I'm 6ft and 79kg I don't think I'll die from malnutrition since I make sure I'm getting everything plus it's hard to die when everyone in your house is a doctor.

You're certainly not "getting everything" on 600 calories.

well I think I'm getting the ones that keep me alive

You are clearly not eating enough. Besides putting your health at risk, you are only compounding any remaining weight loss you have, and a 6'0" male, active and exercises daily cannot possibly get in all macro and micro nutrients on 600 calories, not even a 1000 calories a day.

Supporting VLCD (very low calorie diets) is against the MFP guidelines. I hope that you will start accepting the help and advice given or reach out for doctor supervision.