Do You Have An Everyday Food?

Options

Replies

• GoldenEye_
    GoldenEye_ Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    For me it's also breakfast: I need at least my soy yoghurt and banana. I also have a slice of bread with either peanut butter or hummus, but that's more inconsistent.
  • DYLPICKEL
    DYLPICKEL Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Egg whites, Oatmeal and Cauliflower are big repeat items in my meals
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Steamed potatoes, steamed mixed veggies, topped with some baked beans. A little salt and pepper. So simple, cheap, easy to make and yet incredibly satisfying.
  • NascarMary14
    NascarMary14 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal for breakfast (half maple packet)...Everyone says you need oatmeal every day for a healthy heart :)
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    There are some ingredients I eat every day, like onions and garlic, but otherwise no. I get bored eating the same thing.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Interesting question. I really don't. I go through phases where I do, but even then it's not EVERY day and nothing I've sustained for years.
  • lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Roasted vegetable and egg casserole topped with salsa, kimchi and shredded cheese. I've had that for breakfast for years.
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Honestly, there isn't a day that goes by that I don't eat some sort of cheese.
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    I don't have a meal that I repeat every day, but I have a tomato or something with tomato sauce every day.

With meals, I pick a set of go-to meals and eat them every day for a month or two during the work days (meal prepped) until I've completely exhausted my tolerance for the same food. At that point I cycle something new in. EG: had a turkey sandwich for lunch for the last couple of weeks but batch made a veggie chili last night. If this goes well, will be eating it for the next few weeks.
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I am a creature of habit and ease of use. I premake my breakfast Monday- Friday. Plain non fat greek yogurt with a scoop of chocolate or vanilla protein powder, topped with either granola or trail mix and fresh berries. If I run out of yogurt then it's Gerber Rice baby cereal with a tsp of almond butter and ground cinnamon mixed in. My go to repeat items in meals are usually avocado, tomatoes, riced cauliflower, eggs, spinach... Creature of habit has managed to keep me on track for the past year. When I get bored I will change it up I suppose B)
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    I always have eggs for breakfast, since I need high amounts of protein due to health issues.
  • kristen8000
    kristen8000 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I have eggs, in some way, every morning. If I don't, I get irrationally grouchy.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    I'm a creature of habit so most of my foods are every day foods. Cottage cheese or greek yogurt, bananas, cantalope, an egg with some egg whites, some sort of cereal with unsweetened almond milk, chicken or tuna, chocolate, cookies, a corn thin with whipped cream cheese and turkey, turkey jerky, some type of bread...
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Chocolate...there are very few days that go by without it
  • squeaker87
    squeaker87 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal and avocado. Not together! :s
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    Christmas cookies???
    jk...
    my thing lately is cottage cheese
  • Magnum_Opus
    Magnum_Opus Posts: 23 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Yep. I've had the same rotation of 3 breakfast meals for 5 years now. I've also had some form of chicken or turkey everyday for the same period of time too. I cycle through 2-3 choices of breakfast & dinner. Lunch is whatever.

I believe this is key to sustainable weight loss. Auto regulation of calories thereby requiring less mental energy. Habituated eating I like to call it. It just makes like a whole lot easier.
  • Magnum_Opus
    Options
    I've eaten 4 almonds a day for almost 40 years.

I salute your dedication. Next level stuff.
  • Magnum_Opus
    Options
    vegmebuff wrote: »
    Do you have a food or meal that you eat every day?

One that you have eaten over and over again...for years and years?

What do you eat everyday? Meal or food item?
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,995 Member
    Options
    Coffee. Water.

those I consume every single day.

My diet has a lot of repetition but no other item is every single day.

Weetbix comes close though - almost every working day my breakfast is 3 weetbix (in bowl with skim milk and 1/2 teaspoon sugar.)