LEdmonds2016 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    h9sthxucv6wx.jpg

Your hair is gorgeous!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I started going grey in my mid 30s...first started showing up in my beard and then the area around my ears. I started balding a couple of years later. None of it personally bothered me...I just started shaving my head.
  • Big_LittleMomma
    Big_LittleMomma Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    30 and I wasn't even upset. I'm hoping my graying hair looks half as beautiful as my grandmother's does
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    I once knew a guy the was going grey at 19. On the other hand at 50 I had no grey but I am also bald. Have just a touch at 56 on my side burns now.
  • allenmfp21
    allenmfp21 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    My kids got me. During each pregnancy I got a streak of gray, one on either side. I was 27 and 29.

You have kids!?!?
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    rsclause wrote: »
    I once knew a guy the was going grey at 19. On the other hand at 50 I had no grey but I am also bald. Have just a touch at 56 on my side burns now.

A guy I knew when I was in college had gray stripes at the temple by his 20th birthday. In the ten years I knew him, the stripes at the temples just got more distinctive, but didn't expand much beyond that.
  • allenmfp21
    allenmfp21 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I have some salt and pepper going on. I’ve embraced it.
  • cwolfman13
    Options
    I dated a girl in college who had silver streaks at the age of 20...she was hot AF. I still know her and she's in her late 30s...full silver and still hot AF.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    I am not doing fake hair for the baldness or color to cover any gray. It is what it is.
  • PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    I have found a solution, I shall shave my head! :lol:

Can't. I'd get too cold. Also.. what happens if I find out I have a lumpy potato head??
    I'm 41...beard is pretty grey. Idk. Definitely has patches.

Lol I do have hair on my head...just not much. It is NOT grey.

However, my hair is receding...I kept a buzz cut for idk lots of my childhood...all through HS.

It's not a fight that you can win imo...you get older.

Seasons of life.

Nah, not really interested in fighting it, more just curious in I guess the biology behind it? The variations people have in when it shows up, how it shows up, etc. :)
    PAFC84 wrote: »
    This year. July 8th. One sole, grey hair mocking me in the mirror. So I did what any man would do: I ripped it clean from my skull. It's stress related I'm sure.

I did that the first time I found one about a year ago, but then I realized that it was probably going to be a losing battle.. unless I wanted to shave my head, so I sorta gave up on that. :D

Its too do with lack of blood flow to the head/hair so they then die. Can be causes by stress etc.
  • PAFC84
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I dated a girl in college who had silver streaks at the age of 20...she was hot AF. I still know her and she's in her late 30s...full silver and still hot AF.

Facebook knowing..when you know them but they don't know that you exist
  • PAFC84
    Options
    This year. July 8th. One sole, grey hair mocking me in the mirror. So I did what any man would do: I ripped it clean from my skull. It's stress related I'm sure.

Srs don't stress about it. You will grow older.

Enjoy your power and utilize it!

I just tell myself that its really blonde....I had really fair hair as a kid.

haha...wait until it falls out!

idk...I know some people srs worry about this hard AF but I just don't.

you're going to grow old. accept it.

Dance in your time.

If your appearance changes...own it. Get fit, be healthy...work on stuff like that.

There are really bigger problems!

I'm saving all the hair that falls out/is grey and I'll dye it, so I can have then sewn back in
  • SoozeE512
    SoozeE512 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I started getting a few hidden ones in my early-mid 20s. I'm currently in my early 30s and now I have a few obvious ones in addition to the few hidden ones. I refuse to dye my hair so I've just been embracing the changes as they come.
  • PAFC84
    Options
    I have found a solution, I shall shave my head! :lol:

Can't. I'd get too cold. Also.. what happens if I find out I have a lumpy potato head??
    I'm 41...beard is pretty grey. Idk. Definitely has patches.

Lol I do have hair on my head...just not much. It is NOT grey.

However, my hair is receding...I kept a buzz cut for idk lots of my childhood...all through HS.

It's not a fight that you can win imo...you get older.

Seasons of life.

Nah, not really interested in fighting it, more just curious in I guess the biology behind it? The variations people have in when it shows up, how it shows up, etc. :)

I did that the first time I found one about a year ago, but then I realized that it was probably going to be a losing battle.. unless I wanted to shave my head, so I sorta gave up on that. :D

Someone told me it's to do with lack of blood flow to the hair which causes them to die.
  • cwolfman13
    Options

Nah...we've been good friends for about 20 years now...both married with kids.
  • PAFC84
    Options

Nah...we've been good friends for about 20 years now...both married with kids.

I prefer my version lol
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I noticed some gray hairs in my late 30's at my temples. I an 43 now. I don't think it is very noticeable yet as my hair is not dark. I am okay with it. I have not noticed the gray hairs being very different in strength or texture.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Mine started about the time my oldest child got a driver's license. Maybe coincidence, maybe not. I was late 30's. I have colored it ever since so have no idea how it came in. I noticed no difference in styling until menopause. My hair is significantly drier now.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Just a touch on my sides and a streak in my beard after having chemo when 40.

I don't care my hair is crazy with a mind of its own.
  • ISweat4This
    ISweat4This Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I noticed 2 gray strands in September. My daughter told me to stop being dramatic and just dye it, so I dyed it red. I'm 39.