Large Boob Question

Options

Replies

• GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    @lemurcat12, you should see some of the pretty bras they have down in Nony's neck of the woods. Drool worthy stuff. Now, mind you, in your cup size, there's a nice selection of pretties, so you can do well with what's on offer here. For me, the pickings are slim. Not so in Middle Earth! The pretties even come in my size!
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite NSVs has been being to buy a bra at a regular department store with a sassy front clasp.
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    Mine shrank a ton. At the highest, I was at like a 40G or something like that and lost 90 lbs and now am a 32B. It's sort of ridiculous actually. But I love it, after being overweight and large chested for my entire life, I am loving the small boob life, lol.
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    I can't believe how much smaller I am now. I started at a 38 I when I was 270 lbs. Now I'm 155 and wearing a 34 DD (panache/berlei). They no longer cause pain the way they did. I think I would be open to surgery now more than before, ironically, because weight loss was not kind to the girls. They look sadly deflated and could use a lift. So maybe I'd suggest losing weight, and then making your decision about what to do.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    @lemurcat12, you should see some of the pretty bras they have down in Nony's neck of the woods. Drool worthy stuff. Now, mind you, in your cup size, there's a nice selection of pretties, so you can do well with what's on offer here. For me, the pickings are slim. Not so in Middle Earth! The pretties even come in my size!

And here in the UK, we have great bras in all sizes, including the very petite who also get shafted by bra manufacturers.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    Options

And here in the UK, we have great bras in all sizes, including the very petite who also get shafted by bra manufacturers.

Oh, yes, definitely the UK. I've been buying UK bras for years and still wear UK styles because the rare US manufacturer that makes something in my size must not think anyone who wears it could possibly be interested in a bra looking pretty.
  • bellaesprita000
    bellaesprita000 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    At my highest weight at 237 lbs in 2014, I was a 40G. I lost 40 lbs in 2014 and noticed little to no reduction in my breasts at all. Got back on the wagon this past August starting at 213 lbs and I noticed an immediate difference after I had lost 15 lbs. My silhouette changed dramatically probably because most of the change was happening in my chest and stomach. After my first 15 lbs, I went from a L to a M shirt size, my cup size reduced to a DDD, and my band size is now a 34. They're about the same size as they were before, just lighter and deflated unfortunately. I'm just glad that after losing another 15 lbs, the weight is coming off everywhere more proportionally. I like my breasts on the larger side. I haven't dealt with back pain as many others have discussed, but getting refitted is a great place to start. I don't wear their sizes anymore, but Lane Bryant was wonderful to me over the years. They have a great selection of bras and, if you can get a deal, it's worth the cost.
  • DanishFeta
    DanishFeta Posts: 61 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I went from a 42J at 235lbs to a 36J at 160lbs in a littler over a year and stayed at that cup size around155lbs at 5''2 for about 5 months.

I wanted to be a lot smaller and had a consultation which they suggested going down to a 32F which I wasn't happy about. I was hoping to be at the most a DD. Sadly the concern was the scarring from losing so much tissue and he was saying that I might not get the desired shape for a girl of my age with this "Drastic Surgery" He also listed things that could go wrong, that I may have more complications and there'd be a chance I wouldn't be able to breast feed which also made me sad. He told me that after my surgery, my skin wouldn't do well with being stretched from gaining weight again, so i had to keep that in mind too. I decided I would get the surgery once i reached my goal, maintained and was done having children.

They also suggested that I keep getting down my bf% and try to reach 120lbs before going for the surgery but sadly I had a rough year and gained it all back and more.

I think you should keep measuring as you lose weight until you get to a goal weight you're happy with and then go talk to your surgeon if you're still not happy as he/she will be able to give you a better idea on the results. That's what I finally decided to do this time around. I'm going to see if I'm happy at 120 - 125lbs and continue to save up while I'm maintaining as my insurance won't cover the costs =(. Once I have the savings and I'm at goal, i'll definitely consider it.

All the best!
  • MyCoffeePal
    MyCoffeePal Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm a 42-I size and if i only lose weight on my boobs i will be a very happy person. I have always been a rather big boobed woman but the last 2 years i gained 15 kg (33 pounds) and my bra size just exploded so i can't wear my old ones which i paid quite a lot for as I was closer to a 40G
    I weigh 229 pounds and i'm 5ft2
    :/

At this point getting back to a G-cup would be amazing. I'm too heavy to go through surgery and i'm really afraid of it too as i know i need to just lose weight and they will hopefully shrink down.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    edited December 2017
    Options

Oh, yes, definitely the UK. I've been buying UK bras for years and still wear UK styles because the rare US manufacturer that makes something in my size must not think anyone who wears it could possibly be interested in a bra looking pretty.

That used to be how plus size clothing was. Everything looked like it was made from your grandmother's old floral couch and tacky retro curtains.

It's like fat people don't need nice clothes let's draw more attention.

It was even worse when they would put those damn bedazzled *kitten* all over everything too like it's some cross between that and going to prom.

Oh gawd, YUS. The clothes were so, so awful when I was wearing plus sizes. There were two choices for me. The old lady bedazzled crap and things with appliqued kittens on them vs. stuff that took a wrong turn somewhere trying too hard to look "sexy" and "trendy" that was not made for someone my age to wear.

And for the love of all that was holy, did it never occur to anyone who made plus sized clothing that not every single shirt needed to be sleeveless? I had such a hard time finding shirts to cover up my bras. It was ridiculous.
  • Jackibrazil
    Jackibrazil Posts: 124 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    misnomer1 wrote: »
    OP, has a mammogram been done to determine how much fat is there? if not, one should wonder why the doc hasnt gotten it done.

They don't do mammograms for breast reductions if you're under 35.
  • Jackibrazil
    Jackibrazil Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    tomteboda wrote: »
    I can't believe how much smaller I am now. I started at a 38 I when I was 270 lbs. Now I'm 155 and wearing a 34 DD (panache/berlei). They no longer cause pain the way they did. I think I would be open to surgery now more than before, ironically, because weight loss was not kind to the girls. They look sadly deflated and could use a lift. So maybe I'd suggest losing weight, and then making your decision about what to do.

Okay this is a good point. Have many of you that mentioned smaller boobs after weightloss experienced the deflated boobie look?
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    edited December 2017
    Options

Okay this is a good point. Have many of you that mentioned smaller boobs after weightloss experienced the deflated boobie look?

Yup. I still have a lot of breast tissue, but they are deflated.
  • jeannemarie333
    jeannemarie333 Posts: 214 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Thanks for this topic Jackibrazil, I have heard that they do - good question! Good luck with deciding on your surgery, it sounds like you might lose the weight first, then see how you feel about it - they might be just right :) either way good luck!
  • maggibailey
    maggibailey Posts: 289 Member
    Options

I have never been overweight but I had the breast reduction and then I got pregnant and they grew and after breast feeding for a year and losing the pregnancy weight they are certainly less perky than before. That being said they still look pretty fabulous. If you are going to lose lots more weight, and if you plan on having children I would hold off till you have accomplished those things. They will grow back with pregnancy and you will naturally lose some (obviously from the stories above the amount is very personal to your body) as you lose weight. So if your end game is to like the look as well as the loss of back pain it makes since to wait. On the other hand my aunt had giant breasts and while in the hospital in the 40s after giving birth her small town doctor said “I can cut those off for you” and she joyfully said yes and he literally just chopped them off. No nipple or anything left and as a farmer Doing hard labor in the 40s she was perfectly happy. So if you just want to not be bothered with boobs I can point you to a scary little town in Oklahoma ;)

• VintageFeline
    Options

I'm 35 (for a few more weeks!) and after 65lbs with some to go they are still looking pretty alright. In fact I think they go through phases where I lose, they look a bit crapper, couple weeks later they look pretty alright again. But this applies to my body generally while losing, fits and starts, worse then better.

So it's very very individual. Genetics, age, time spent at your largest etc will all play a role in what happens with to your body generally after weight loss.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options

It's funny b/c one of my best friends, who currently lives in London, is coming home for a holiday in a couple of months and said to me the other day 'we are so hitting Bendon when I get back'. I was like, um, what? You live in London! I may need bra store recs for her. She reckoned the sizing was different (which it isn't). But, what you're used to, I guess. Also, more lingerie shopping for me :tongue:
  • VintageFeline
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »

It's funny b/c one of my best friends, who currently lives in London, is coming home for a holiday in a couple of months and said to me the other day 'we are so hitting Bendon when I get back'. I was like, um, what? You live in London! I may need bra store recs for her. She reckoned the sizing was different (which it isn't). But, what you're used to, I guess. Also, more lingerie shopping for me :tongue:

It can just be a novelty thing but we get the brand of bras you buy here as well so......