191 pounds lost since January (288 total). I am no longer obese.

Options

Replies

• xproofx
    xproofx Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Palmeralex wrote: »
    Also skin will continue to shrink for 2 years or so after you stop loosing weight. It already has shrunk a TON, so I am hoping that it will be what I can accept without having to resort to the operation.

I am curious as to where you came up with this information. I am not doubting it, just wanted more info.

• SeikoMonster
    SeikoMonster Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    xproofx wrote: »
    Palmeralex wrote: »
    Also skin will continue to shrink for 2 years or so after you stop loosing weight. It already has shrunk a TON, so I am hoping that it will be what I can accept without having to resort to the operation.

I am curious as to where you came up with this information. I am not doubting it, just wanted more info.

Nothing I can link to off hand. But I've read that multiple times. Might be bogus, but gives me hope.
  • SeikoMonster
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Tried to post another picture will fix it later.
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    AMAZING
  • xproofx
    Options
    Thanks again for all the nice responses!
    Quick update at 188 now! Man it's weird to see my ribs in the mirror or heck to tuck in a shirt and know I look okay. Still very much inside my own head about how I am still "fat and duscusting". But working on it.
    Size 38 jeans are a bit loose... The thought of even being able to find jeans my size the first of the year required a custom order....

I would love to see a side angle pic of you with your shirt tucked. We have similar body styles and I need inspiration.
  • furiousmunchkin
    furiousmunchkin Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    So amazing! Thank you for sharing!
  • GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I am so, so proud of you; I admire you in so many ways. Your "Food is fuel" comment just makes so much freakin sense! And the simplicity of meal prep?! I love it. I need to try something like this. Potatoes, no But something else perhaps.

If not too personal a question...what gave you the kick in the butt to start your amazing journey? (If too personal a question, no need to answer.)

Giving you a virtual high 5!
  • SeikoMonster
    Options
    I am so, so proud of you; I admire you in so many ways. Your "Food is fuel" comment just makes so much freakin sense! And the simplicity of meal prep?! I love it. I need to try something like this. Potatoes, no But something else perhaps.

If not too personal a question...what gave you the kick in the butt to start your amazing journey? (If too personal a question, no need to answer.)

Giving you a virtual high 5!

Thanks! No real kick in the butt. It was more about realizing you didn't have to do anything stupid like the Adkins diet or keto or "eating clean" that kind of nonsense. It was all about math and math I can embrace. The guy from Australia that ate nothing but potato for a year woke me up. I read something about it December last year and was ready to go for this year.

Come up with something that works for you. I find the simplicity keeps me going. Not the best idea for long term success but I can work on how to eat for real later...
  • SeikoMonster
    Options
    Quick update at 188 now! Man it's weird to see my ribs in the mirror or heck to tuck in a shirt and know I look okay. Still very much inside my own head about how I am still "fat and duscusting". But working on it.
    Size 38 jeans are a bit loose... The thought of even being able to find jeans my size the first of the year required a custom order....

I would love to see a side angle pic of you with your shirt tucked. We have similar body styles and I need inspiration.

Actually tried to post that a bit ago. But phone won't cooperate. Will do it when I get to a real computer after work.
  • healthymommy24
    healthymommy24 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congratulations :):):) you rock! I needed to see this I've been at a the same weight for almost a week and its 2 pound up from my previous weigh in. Needless to say I've been feeling pretty defeated. I'm gonna keep IF and sticking to my 1400 a day. Hopefully I will be in the "overweight" range within a year too :)
  • xproofx
    Options

Actually tried to post that a bit ago. But phone won't cooperate. Will do it when I get to a real computer after work.

Thanks! Looking forward to it.
  • xproofx
    Options
    Congratulations :):):) you rock! I needed to see this I've been at a the same weight for almost a week and its 2 pound up from my previous weigh in. Needless to say I've been feeling pretty defeated. I'm gonna keep IF and sticking to my 1400 a day. Hopefully I will be in the "overweight" range within a year too :)

You got this. Anything is possible! Plateaus are not uncommon, just stick to what you're doing and you will be rewarded.
  • 8ritt55
    8ritt55 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You are amazing! Thank you for the inspiration, I am down about 20 lbs and have around 50 more to lose!
  • GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Wow you look amazing. I bet you feel great too! Congrats!
  • xproofx
    Options
    You look great! I'm inspired to keep going! What size pants do you wear now?
  • SeikoMonster
    Options
    Thanks!
    Right now wearing 38. Think they are loose enough that I can get away with a 36, if not its real close. But jeans are so over sized. My waist was 39" on the first and was wearing 38 comfortably.
  • xproofx
    Options
    Thanks!
    Right now wearing 38. Think they are loose enough that I can get away with a 36, if not its real close. But jeans are so over sized. My waist was 39" on the first and was wearing 38 comfortably.

Thank you for responding! I apologize for having so many questions, but I am just trying to learn. I have to ask, what do you do about the loose skin when you wear pants? Where does it go? Sorry if this is too personal, please let me know if I am out of bounds. This is just something I know I am going to have to deal with and I want to be prepared. Thanks again!
  • Jim_fbr
    Jim_fbr Posts: 251 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Kudos to you man, I love the details of your journey. Keeping it simple and not wavering on your diet. I think this is where most people fail.
    I see so many aspects of my own journey in you, albeit not quite as severe.
    I went from 352 lbs and size 60 waist, today I am 167 in a comfortable 34" waist.
    My shape before and after is similar to yours (skin flap and all) although I am far too modest and embarrassed to have posted those kinds of pictures. I admire your courage to do so.
    I took an entirely different approach to lose my weight but I recognize and can relate to the commitment in your words. My motto was like yours "Won't Stop"
    Again congratulations and great job!
    I know first hand how your life must have changed for the better in every way.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!